• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I see a lot of you buying screen protectors. Is there something wrong with the screen protector that's included it the starter pack? Since I'm getting the FEB, the screen protector is included in that bundle, but I'm wondering if I should switch to one of the other branded ones.

The Hori one looked so easy to put on the system. There's a Youtube video of it out there somewhere.

I've never had any luck with screen protectors. They always end up looking terrible.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The current amazon.co.uk deal of a free 8gb card with pre-order is probably the best launch deal of any console I've ever experienced. Has made me a-ok with the proprietary format and becoming a launch adopter.

Have also picked up the Thrustmaster VIP case as its classy as fuck:
71BHfZrCfQL_AA1500_.jpg

81sv0WqHvxL_AA1500_.jpg

True. Has the lag been reduced from PSP's remote play? Any impressions floating around about that?

I don't know about impressions but there are a lot of youtube videos with ps3 games but not with ps1. If you are getting the console on the 22nd, I'll test that out for you the week before as I do have a couple ps1 games on my ps3.

One of the best launch lineups of all time.

Got mine pre-ordered, going all digital for the first time ever (feels good man!).

Now to decide what to get....hope Sony announces prices soon.

KAL2006

Banned
I have been debating if I should get a Vita over the last few days, but I decided to pull the trigger and go ahead and get one. the bundle I will get comes with Rayman, which I will quickly play and trade in. I really wish there was a bundle that had either BlazBlue, Uncharted or UMvC3.

That's PSP homebrew working on Vita through the PSP mode. Just as DS homebrew works on 3DS via DS mode.

That would be great news, if that's true I'll sell of my current PSP, this piracy would be the best of both worlds, homebrew, emulators and backup games for PSP, but no Vita piracy.

Thanks for the awesome thread archnemesis! Now here is to a PSP game sale on the PSN next week so that I can load up on all those JRPGs that I always wanted to get.

If Sony is smart they would do a PSP download sale from 2/14 to 2/28. I need those JRPGs as well! Also why isn't Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core not downloadable PSP games?

matmanx1

Woah that Thrustmaster case is nice! If I wasn't already getting the FEB with the LE case I would definitely be interested in that one.

So hyped!! A little bit over a week until I will finally hold my very own Vita in my hands and get to play some killer games on it. I already love the launch lineup and with Dragon's Crown, Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Extreme Escape Adventure (hopefully!), Mortal Kombat Vita, LBP and Persona 4 The Golden coming I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be a very good year for us Vita owners!

If Sony is smart they would do a PSP download sale from 2/14 to 2/28. I need those JRPGs as well! Also why isn't Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core not downloadable PSP games?

I'd be pissed if that happened as I just bought several PSP games but oh well.

KH is not on PSN due to licensing issues I believe.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I'd buy so many games if they were priced decently. I think they'd probably go for early March though, like 2/28-3/13. That way there isn't too much overlap with the Vita launch and people don't overlook it. Not expecting anything though.

And I don't know about CC, but KH is supposedly because of licensing issues with Disney.

GrayFoxPL

The current amazon.co.uk deal of a free 8gb card with pre-order is probably the best launch deal of any console I've ever experienced. Has made me a-ok with the proprietary format and becoming a launch adopter.

71BHfZrCfQL_AA1500_.jpg

81sv0WqHvxL_AA1500_.jpg

Looks like a pencil case.

Man, we are so close. Feels like I've been waiting forever.
I'll be ordering Wipeout 2048 and my 16GB Memory Card tomorrow, and then next paycheck will be ordering the Wi-Fi Vita. Next paycheck is on 17th, so I'll get it just in time to pre-order and have it on launch day!

Osietra

Banned

71BHfZrCfQL_AA1500_.jpg

81sv0WqHvxL_AA1500_.jpg
I dunno, its not classy as fuck. But it will do for my needs.

Also Uncharted on the Vita is spiky as fuck, I can spit this out because I have one. It just looks unimpressive. I don't want spikes on my vita, which is why I'm unimpressed. Also when I had received my psp back in the day, it actually felt like tomorrow tech, the vita just feels less so. It's a lazy iteration, designed by bean counters.
That said, when that guy who did Jeanne D'arc does a vita game. I will joy love feel good times.

True. Has the lag been reduced from PSP's remote play? Any impressions floating around about that?

here's a vid of one PS1 game being played on it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Awq_nGYuk7s#t=247s

I dunno, its not classy as fuck. But it will do for my needs.

Also Uncharted on the Vita is spiky as fuck, I can spit this out because I have one. It just looks unimpressive. I don't want spikes on my vita, which is why I'm unimpressed. Also when I had received my psp back in the day, it actually felt like tomorrow tech, the vita just feels less so. It's a lazy iteration, designed by bean counters.
That said, when that guy who did Jeanne D'arc does a vita game. I will joy love feel good times.

What do you mean by spiky?

Hyuga

Banned
1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

AZ Greg

Has there been word on how people's screens are holding up? That's my main concern as I don't like using screen protectors.

plainr_

Awesome OP.

Yes!

Just put my PSP up for sale--hoping that this thing gets PS1 compatibility somewhere along the way :(

We're definitely seeing PS1 compatibility on the Vita soon. As for the delay, my guess is that they're repackaging the games as a PS Suite app for universal compatibility.

Ran rp

Her manicure was interrupted by the world splitting apart.

Is there any recent info on the scope of the world/levels in this game? I've read that there are supposed to be large areas to explore but nearly every shot I've seen looked like it was in the same-ish area of Hekseville. I suppose you're saving all of the good stuff for the OT though.

Any idea who sells these in the states. I like it more than my FEB case.

It isn't being sold stateside at this time. I really hope it comes over here before launch.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I played the Vita again today. I had some hands-on time with Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush (I played FIFA yesterday). First, some problems I have with the Vita:

- Not a big fan of the analog sticks. While they are a step up from the nub, I surprisingly feel more comfortable using slider pads.
- system is really big, which is awesome for gameplay but not so much for Portability
- holding the system without touching the rear pad is still cumbersome and uncomfortable
- Had some trouble with the touch screen menus. Uncharted's option menu requires LARGE swipes to get from each selection to the other. No large touch buttons or D-pad support is stupid. I know that is more of a software problem, but it stood out to me.
- Load times are pretty horrible. Wipeout took over a minute to load up a level. I felt like I was downloading the darn race to the system. Also getting into games is longer then I would like for a portable system.

Now the awesomeness:

- love the simplicity of the menus. It felt very welcoming.
- screen is amazing :0 makes my eyes want more from my 3DS's screens
- system is super light, lighter then my 3DS
- rear touch pad is an amazing innovation for handheld systems. FIFA and Little deviants make great use of it already.
- launch line-up is amazing, lots of good games. But Gravity Rush is the killer App. The game is simply brilliant.
- Gravity rush makes amazing use of the gyro camera. Nice to see one of my favorite features of the 3DS being used so well already.
- if Gamestop prices are correct, they have a variety of great price ranges that really fit each game nicely. $50 for Uncharted, $40 for Gravity Rush, $30 for Little Deviants.

Basically the system is pretty darn impressive. It has it's problems, but they are well outweighed by the awesomeness. I was buying at launch but my GF wants to pick it up for my birthday in April, which is fricken amazing. I'll be day one on Gravity Rush and Uncharted for sure! Can't fricken wait!

Wasn't hyped for this at all, but all of a sudden now I am. God damnit. If I had just stayed oblivious and uninterested Vitas would be readily available to purchase, now the next 3 weeks is gonna be hell.

PSY・S;34866563 said:
Is there any recent info on the scope of the world/levels in this game? I've read that there are supposed to be large areas to explore but nearly every shot I've seen looked like it was in the same-ish area of Hekseville. I suppose you're saving all of the good stuff for the OT though.

It isn't being sold stateside at this time. I really hope it comes over here before launch.

From an old gravity daze thread :

even more awesome Gravidty Daze screens. feel the hype!

gravity20320sc031fhj.jpg

01.jpg
04.jpg

03.jpg
05.jpg

06.jpg
02.jpg

10.jpg

the first picture is especially amazing looking

and some more :

gravity9.jpg

gravity11.jpg

gravity10.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
RnSt5.png

Hahaha

HARDCORE, BRO

Ran rp

From an old gravity thread :

Yes, those are the few shots that stand out, but I don't know the what's going on in them. They could one-off events in the story or additional locations that can be freely explored.

I just want to know how large the world is, if there's a nice variety of locations, and if those locations can be explored at any time.

When does Gravity Rush release in Japan? I would imagine a western release won't be too long thereafter.

Interested in seeing if it's actually a good game with a lot of depth to go along with the pretty visuals.

I'm considering ordering Gravity Rush from Playasia. How long does it usually take to ship to US/Canada on their regular shipping option? It says 21-Days on their site.

CAVE343

Gravity Rush look really great, the art and colors are very very inviting. Why is this only on PSN for PAL regions ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom