• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Amazon Prime Original show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not nearly enough mentions of Mozart in the Jungle.

Decado

Goliath, Bosch, High Castle are all very enjoyable. I liked the first season of Mozart, but not the second.

Bosch is not a procedural.

I'd like to check out Sneaky Pete and Patriot.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I've only checked out Mozart in The Jungle and Sneaky Pete.

I'd recommend both. I just finished Sneaky Pete a couple of days ago, it's the definition of solid.

Be sure to check out at least couple episodes of Sneaky Pete since the first episode has a different feel to the rest of the series. The pilot feels like a procedural, the rest of the show is not.

Sotha_Sil

I need to get around to Bosch, Mozart in the Jungle, and Man in the High Castle.

Alpha House and Catastrophe were pretty good. It would be hard to call Mad Dogs a great show, but it had a few moments.

Xiao Hu

2nd season of MitHC is such an improvement over the previous season. I'm glad I gave it another shot.

Goliath is also quite good. A little bit predictable but the show doesn't claim to be a a sophisticated thriller or anything.

Sneaky Pete feels refreshing and has good acting. Definitely recommending this one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sneaky Pete and Mozart in the Jungle are my favorites. If you dig cop shows, Bosch is a very solid pick too. Alpha House is a political comedy that never gets enough love.

Man in the High Castle...uh...I'll keep my mouth shut about that since I haven't watched Season 2. I do know that Season 1 is an absolutely slog to get through given how exciting the premise is.

Hannibal and Justified aren't Amazon Prime Originals, but they're exclusive to Prime in the US and I always gotta recommend them.

Sojgat

for me it's bosch

bosch-poster-amazon-studios.jpg

it's very much a procedural that reflects its pulp novel roots, but it's well-made and has a good LA feel

This.

Don't be turned off by the first episode.

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
Really only watched Transparent and Sneaky Pete, but out of those two I'd say Transparent. Need to get on that Mozart in the Jungle.

n64coder

Huh. Am I the only one that likes Red Oaks?

This was the first series I watched on Amazon and I liked it. Until then, I didn't watch any of my Amazon Prime benefit. Since then, I've watched Sneaky Pete, Transparent, Goliath, and currently watching Man In The High Castle. I'm impressed with the quality of the shows. Great stuff!

I've been meaning to watch some shows on Amazon Prime, so this thread has pointed me in the right direction!

There's an Amazon Prime show with Ron Perlman in it, but I don't remember the name of it. I'm really interested in watching that just because it has Ron Perlman.

Lifeline

Sneaky Pete and Bosch. Goliath was a little boring and I couldn't finish the first season of Man in the High Castle.

Transparent is really great, but it's also so incredibly heavy that it's hard to watch consistently.

Sneaky Pete had a lot going for it and then had the worst payoff episode. It just fell so damn flat for me with a very generic ending.

Need to check out Bosch and Patriot.

Does it improve?

Titus Welliver is a cool dude, but the pilot is the most generic show I've ever seen. It's almost an unintentional parody in how it followed every cop show cliche.
Please do continue if you could, everyone here its saying Bosch for a reason it's worth sticking with it.

Sojgat

Does it improve?

Titus Welliver is a cool dude, but the pilot is the most generic show I've ever seen. It's almost an unintentional parody in how it followed every cop show cliche.

It gets better. Much of the first episode was reshot and is different from the original pilot version, but it's still kind of a mess.

pa22word

I've been meaning to watch some shows on Amazon Prime, so this thread has pointed me in the right direction!

There's an Amazon Prime show with Ron Perlman in it, but I don't remember the name of it. I'm really interested in watching that just because it has Ron Perlman.

Hand of God

It's a completely dumb as shit show, but Perlman can sell anything so it can be worth watching depending purely on how much you like Perlman. Any episode with perlman at greater than 50% screen time in an episode is good TV. Any episode that tries to do stuff with the other characters is borderline unwatchable.

this_guy

Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton. Only 8 episodes so great for binge watching.

Sneaky Pete has has an interesting premise but I didn't care to finish after watching 4 episodes.

Bosch is solid and enjoyable.

emrober5

The only one I've seen is Man in the High Castle...

The first season was good, but season 2 was a huge improvement.

120v

not enough Patriot mentions. honestly one of the best shows i've seen in a long time... though i guess the brand of humor isn't for everybody

Hand of God

It's a completely dumb as shit show, but Perlman can sell anything so it can be worth watching depending purely on how much you like Perlman. Any episode with perlman at greater than 50% screen time in an episode is good TV. Any episode that tries to do stuff with the other characters is borderline unwatchable.

Hmmm. Well, I do like me some Ron Perlman, so I'll have to give the show a try. Thanks for the insight!

I'd watch more Amazon shows if the smartphone streaming quality weren't so crappy. But I liked Transparent, and my wife and I really dig Mozart in the Jungle. Bosch is solid, and I kinda sorta like Man in High Castle (love the concept but not sure about the execution, though s2 is better).

Mozart in the jungle! Transparent is actually my least favorite that I've watched all the way. It had its moments but the characters are all awful

But man in the high castle, sneaky Pete, and mozart are all great

Davey Cakes

I tried Mozart for a couple of episodes, as well as the pilot of Sneaky Pete and Patriot. None of those are really sticking with me, but maybe I'm just not in the mood.

The pilot for JCVJ sold me on that show though. Looking forward to it.

Exis

Actually been quite happy with Amazons output

For me it's
Red Oaks
Mozart in the Jungle
Fleabag
Catastrophe
Bosch

Man and the High Castle and Hand of God were bunks for me. I swear I watched high castle as I love the concept but found it really rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom