• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

garath

Hmm yeah Devout is a bit of a pickle to begin with right now. Most of the good light cards are summon only since they're so new... the ones in the ability shop aren't worth investing much into since they're the most basic. The FF VII Remake card (Jessie) is very very nice for Devout, but again... it could possibly take 4 summons to get (though you'll probably hopefully get something else decent along the way too). How far along in the story are you? I can't remember exactly how many summon cards you get for clearing story chapters, but they do add up pretty quick (though some of them I'm remembering could be from old events as well). We're also getting free summon tickets for that special login right now which is nice.

I think I got almost 2 million of every seed except dark (don't have any 5* with dark seeds yet) just today. 4x bonus is craaaazy! So easy to just give it a poke or two while I'm working, kept it going all day.

I'm not very far through the story at all.

How long does the draw event go? I'll hoard my tickets for now and see what I end up with. I've been doing mako reactors. Just finished 1. Devout is WAY stronger than the starter classes even with a couple crappy 3* fire and water abilities.

Just got enough ability tickets for hermes. Going to grab that I think. I keep reading that's a great card to have.

I'm not very far through the story at all.

How long does the draw event go? I'll hoard my tickets for now and see what I end up with. I've been doing mako reactors. Just finished 1. Devout is WAY stronger than the starter classes even with a couple crappy 3* fire and water abilities.

Just got enough ability tickets for hermes. Going to grab that I think. I keep reading that's a great card to have.
Draw event that contains the Light/Mage card goes on until the 18th; so in addition to the summon tickets you get from progressing in story/exploration chapters, the daily login bonus right now and daily magicite, you just might have enough to go for it.

The maxed 4★ cards you draw should be a HUGE benefit for you right now, even if you have to slot them into a starter job for now.

Celegus

Thankfully Paladin is unkillable, but might not be a bad idea to turn the difficulty back to normal for the 60 light lagoon.

Dinjoralo

How the heck is the first extra area in midgard two star difficulty? Everything has so much damn health I can barely make it past the second fight.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I realized what my problem with the Steam version was: my antivirus detected one of the game's DLL files as a trojan horse, for some reason. I removed it from quarentine and the game started working properly again :p

Golnei

I like how the loading text for the SOLDIER job continues to uphold the proud tradition of misrepresenting Cloud's qualifications.

Got the Soldier job on my second pull, though I can't say I'm super excited about it. I'm rather proud of using my Hunter / Samurai combo, I don't really want to swap out of that.

WarAdept

So I fired up the game on a whim (I quit during the Tidus debacle).

Decided to use 6 tickets on a banner.

Sc3fpLr.jpg

Uhh...I guess I'm playing Mobius again? How rare is this job?

garath

Reddit convinced me to pull another job instead of 4*. I ended up with white mage. Can't say I'm thrilled. My devout is probably a better one to invest in. So I think I'm going to switch gears and pull the 4* and look for Jessie. With the daily rewards and the main story I'm doing I should be able to get the 20 tickets necessary if I'm really unlucky. Then I'll go back to job pulling.

Reddit convinced me to pull another job instead of 4*. I ended up with white mage. Can't say I'm thrilled. My devout is probably a better one to invest in. So I think I'm going to switch gears and pull the 4* and look for Jessie. With the daily rewards and the main story I'm doing I should be able to get the 20 tickets necessary if I'm really unlucky. Then I'll go back to job pulling.
White Mage would have been a good pull (for multiplayer) if you didn't already have Devout.

And yeah, a lot of Reddit is obsessed with telling people to only pulls jobs; it doesn't make much sense to me in many cases. In your case, yes, you will need some job spread, BUT since you have Devout, going for Jessie first just makes more sense and that's time limited.

There's about 30 tickets between the first 3 chapters of the story and exploration areas. That's not including the daily log in. I think you'll be fine.

garath

White Mage would have been a good pull (for multiplayer) if you didn't already have Devout.

And yeah, a lot of Reddit is obsessed with telling people to only pulls jobs; it doesn't make much sense to me in many cases. In your case, yes, you will need some job spread, BUT since you have Devout, going for Jessie first just makes more sense and that's time limited.

Yeah exactly. I can understand wanting a good job spread long term but Jessie being time limited and wanting to only invest in one job initially anyways leads me to agree with your original suggestion of going for Jessie.

As a new player I don't have the resources to upgrade multiple jobs simultaneously and devout has been pretty strong. I've cleared mako reactor 1 and when I next play I'll be facing the boss of reactor 2 lower level. Only failed on a few stages and needed a second try. Devout seems pretty strong even without a light ability yet lol.

Devout is 2* now. Making progress.

There's about 30 tickets between the first 3 chapters of the story and exploration areas. That's not including the daily log in. I think you'll be fine.

Nice :) hope I get lucky and get it first pull regardless but a few 4* abilities won't hurt even if I don't.

Edit: saved up 5 tickets and pulled. Ended up with 4* hades and wedge. Doh.

garath

Hades is EXCELLENT. That's a good pull.

My doh was mostly over the lack of Jessie but glad to know hades is that good. I had the 3* version from ability tickets but 4* will be helpful. Have to figure out how to do my cards for best fit. Right now using a 3* ice ability, 3* fire ability, carbuncle (mostly for the light seeds) and Hermes.

Dinjoralo

I don't have the soldier job either... In fact, my first VII summon was kinda crap. Three or so stupidly situational heart cards (change all orbs to earth?? lol okay) and a light element card I can use because I don't have a light element class.

Celegus

Wow these Mako reactors sure are huge! Just keeps going and going! Lots of chests though which is nice, crystals and tickets galore. Loving all the music too!

garath

Multiplayer is a hot mess right now, nothing but clueless Clouds and Onion Knights.

I have been hosting a ton of ifrit 2* attempting to work on sicirus and it was pretty bad until I changed the team comp to attacker, breaker and anything. Even with as low as 3* roles at least having those roles defined has helped me immensely. I had a couple ifrits go almost the full 30min prior :(

Also as a side note, I pulled from the 4* three times before I got Jessie. No useful 4* cards unfortunately but Jessie is awesome. Augmented her to 4* and have been periodically farming for the flash grenade ability cards. Will heads down on that before event ends. Probably Mobius day.

Celegus

What were the other 4* cards? Jessie is great and will be an absolute monster once you get it all the way upgraded since the last skill to unlock (sadly) is to break the 9999 damage limit. Got mine to level 8 so far despite not having Devout to use it yet.

I have been hosting a ton of ifrit 2* attempting to work on sicirus and it was pretty bad until I changed the team comp to attacker, breaker and anything. Even with as low as 3* roles at least having those roles defined has helped me immensely. I had a couple ifrits go almost the full 30min prior :(
I play breaker and I've had to pretend the attacker role a lot this week.

Also as a side note, I pulled from the 4* three times before I got Jessie. No useful 4* cards unfortunately but Jessie is awesome. Augmented her to 4* and have been periodically farming for the flash grenade ability cards. Will heads down on that before event ends. Probably Mobius day.
What did you get? There's not a lot of completely useless cards; some things have been supplanted (break and critical down cards are generally better than those without), but until you HAVE the "better" cards, anything at 4★/5★ should be great (of course, you're probably just lacking job/element spread to use a lot at the mome).

garath

What were the other 4* cards? Jessie is great and will be an absolute monster once you get it all the way upgraded since the last skill to unlock (sadly) is to break the 9999 damage limit. Got mine to level 8 so far despite not having Devout to use it yet.

Yeah. Jessie is great so far. It stinks that it looks like I need to farm around 100 flash grenade cards for her though lol. Is the last ability to break 9999 the locked one on her ability page? It says it takes an expansion material to unlock. How does that happen?

I play breaker and I've had to pretend the attacker role a lot this week.

What did you get? There's not a lot of completely useless cards; some things have been supplanted (break and critical down cards are generally better than those without), but until you HAVE the "better" cards, anything at 4★/5★ should be great (of course, you're probably just lacking job/element spread to use a lot at the mome).

The 4* cards I got were:

Hades ffvii (dark ranger ability)
Djinn (wind mage)
Inugami (fire elemental stone converting.. seems super niche)

Hades probably only good if I had Viking. Djinn might be great if I unlock a wind mage at some point. Inugami dunno. Not really seeing the potential unless I'm building a very targeted fire deck.

The 4* cards I got were:

Hades ffvii (dark ranger ability)
Djinn (wind mage)
Inugami (fire elemental stone converting.. seems super niche)

Hades probably only good if I had Viking. Djinn might be great if I unlock a wind mage at some point. Inugami dunno. Not really seeing the potential unless I'm building a very targeted fire deck.
Hades will be probably be super useful in Chapter 4.1 even if you have to use Onion Ranger (who gains dark at that point), should wreck at 4★.

-shift and -force cards can be really good if used properly, they gain great bonuses at 5★ for nuking.

garath

Hades will be probably be super useful in Chapter 4.1 even if you have to use Onion Ranger (who gains dark at that point), should wreck at 4★.

-shift and -force cards can be really good if used properly, they gain great bonuses at 5★ for nuking.

Guess I should build up onion ranger. -_-

Edit: what panel unlocks dark?

garath

Maybe. Which Chapters and Explorer zones have you completed? If you're still a bit away form Chapter 4 I would hold off to see what else you get.

It's not on a panel, it's after completing the first area of Chapter 4.1.

Ah OK. I'm in chapter 3.2. Ive cleared halfway through fire. Probably not super close but maybe a few days.

Trying to clear fast since all my ability cards are max level right now.

Pejo

No Cloud job yet, but I still have a few more chances at it. Got Wedge and Cloud (wind sword AoE+ stun)

How are you guys managing your inventory in this game? It seems so unwieldy that I've just been putting it off and buying card slots so I can deal with it later. I don't even know which cards I have, which are good, and what to upgrade at this point. I've been running the same 4 cards since the Popo/FFX-2 event on my jobs. (1 Popo, 2 element single target, and a YRP). I have beaten all content thrown at me this far without upgrading or using any other cards on Dragoon.

Is there a wiki or something that shows the keeper cards? It's going to take me hours to go through this inventory otherwise.

Celegus

I keep support cards and damage ones that break damage limit. I don't keep fodder for anything I'm not currently working on (something that will break damage limit). Still have the base number of slots and doing pretty okay with that. A maxed 3* wind sword or whatever is basically garbage to me since it's capped.

Kenai

So I fired up the game on a whim (I quit during the Tidus debacle).

Decided to use 6 tickets on a banner.

Uhh...I guess I'm playing Mobius again? How rare is this job?

Grats!

Ironically I fired up this game too (also quit around Tidus time) while waiting for more FE:H stuff to unlock and no stamina left on RK.

Decided to go for a job and got Devout(?), which looks pretty cool except I have 0 Light cards and have an 8* Dancer. (or Carnivalist whatever) It seems like a class I'd like to play though, if I can get the stuff for it. At least it can use Vanillie who I assume is still at least somewhat good in MP. Got the job to 3* before I ran out of seeds..

Thinking I may grind out the latest chapter and the Hunter Isle things to get more tickets for a chance at Jessie while it's still available, then work on seeds again. Not sure what's effective for that though. Gigantaurs? MP? Something else?

Volimar

I can't figure out how to get to Mako Reactor 3. I've cleared 1 and upper and lower levels of 2. 3 is supposed to be unlocked now, but I can't find it.

Doh, it looks like the news and I jumped the gun. It's not open till 7 pm PST.

Razmos

I can't figure out how to get to Mako Reactor 3. I've cleared 1 and upper and lower levels of 2. 3 is supposed to be unlocked now, but I can't find it.

Doh, it looks like the news and I jumped the gun. It's not open till 7 pm PST.
The news always jumps the gun, I always assume that the content will be released the day after when they say it is, which due to timezones it usually is.

Did a bit of multiplayer a few days ago, lots of level 1 cloud jobs. Why?
Are they that excited about showing off their shiny new job that they can't even be bothered finishing the first panel? So weird

Do you remember the early 2000's when every fifth person on a forum had a user name related to Final Fantasy 7?

They never left. They've been here all along.

Kenai

Got Jessie first pull. No Cloud but whatever, if i get it i get it.

Now I need to figure out how to farm for it. I never did quite understand farming card materials in this game. Is my time to farm for it limited?

Celegus

Very nice! I am STILL waiting for my weapons to get the 3rd and 4th skill unlocks. Been doing Dragoon Spear and Truescale staff nonstop since boosting came out. So many +1%'s on the existing abilities.

Caim

Google translate isn't helping me out on mobile. What's the card stats?

I was hoping I was done pulling for ffvii remake cards with Jessie. Doh.

Great Gospel

Heart Orb Cost: 4

Trance (30% stat up for all jobs)
Quick (add more actions)
Rainbow Shift
Ultimate Charge (increases ultimate gauge by 20%)
Weak Weapon (gives the en- effect based on the weakness of the enemy)

Auto Abilities:
Rainbow orb appearance rate: 8%
Rainbow Starter +2
2 free slots for fractals

Top Bottom