• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

PES Universe have maintained for a while now that they'll have a full patch out tomorrow.

That's the guys who are charging £4.99 for a fully organised patch, but they'll also have all the files available for free as well (just not arranged or organised - I guess it remains to be seen how much of a pain that makes editing).

PES World have also said they'll have "something" ready for lunch. I'd imagine that will mostly be top leagues. Stuff like full Bundesliga and Championship editing might have to wait from them.

They've both been surprisingly quiet today so far though on Twitter, considering the game is out now in America and tomorrow worldwide.

Will personally just try and piece together PES Universe's thing. Did you get your USB yet?

tomhan

So what type of time investment are we talking about if I only currently have an Xbox one and a PC and I want to edit the players/teams the way the downloadable file does on the PS4? Are we talking 5 hours or 50 hours?

So what type of time investment are we talking about if I only currently have an Xbox one and a PC and I want to edit the players/teams the way the downloadable file does on the PS4? Are we talking 5 hours or 50 hours?

On XBO - Fucking forever to get it to the detail they have in option files.

On PC - It's a gimped version but there will be good option files that should be reasonably easy to install.

heringer

All I want to know is if the gameplay in the PC version is the same as PS4/XBO. I know it's last gen assets, but if the gameplay is the same I might get it.

tomhan

On PC - It's a gimped version but there will be good option files that should be reasonably easy to install.

That's a shame. Looks like I'm definitely waiting until November when I pick up a PS4 pro. And who knows maybe the game will even cost less then.

What? No way. The more advanced patches, the ones which gave you full licensed kits, fans chants, updated database and such required you to rip your disc to pc, apply them using a specific tool, and burn the patched game on a new disc. That AND the downloaded OF, in conjunction, gave you the full patched game. So you also needed a modded console, of course

Ahh yes, those were the days. The amount of time and energy I put into patching the new version of Winning Eleven every year was ridiculous.

Curufinwe

What? No way. The more advanced patches, the ones which gave you full licensed kits, fans chants, updated database and such required you to rip your disc to pc, apply them using a specific tool, and burn the patched game on a new disc. That AND the downloaded OF, in conjunction, gave you the full patched game. So you also needed a modded console, of course

You didn't need to do all that if you just wanted updated kits, rosters, player faces and teams.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=42181

Spat_triate

Here's a link to an early PS4 option file that changes a decent amount of kits and has competition emblems etc.:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pp9d2zmpbi613mj/AGN+1.0+OPTION+FILE....rar

Really pleased with how easy it was. Installation took me all of 10 seconds (although it takes like 5 mins to apply all of the changes)

Do you set 'auto-feint' to on or off?

And how do I most efficiently dribble?

If you want to really take advantage of the skills turn auto feint off. Dribbling take getting used to and it's difficult, but it's all about timing and changes of pace/direction. R2 combined with LS is very useful to shift balance and keep the ball close. You just need to practice. Try the free training mode with AI on Superstar (I use 3 V 2 to practice dribbling)

I think I am going to end up buying the butchered PC version til FIFA comes out. I wish I had any fucking restraint. Please be a better PC version next year!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
When you have the ball how do you full out sprint? Regardless of who I am the opponents catch me up to quick.

This sucks :( I've got an Xb1 an PC. My choices for football games are so conflicting :-/

PC: I refuse to support that sku. Fuck Konami for gimping the PC version.

XB1: No option file download is heart breaking. The lower res is just another kick in the nuts.

After playing the demo for both PES and FIFA, I'd love to give PES a fair shot but I cant bring myself to buy a PS4 just for PES.

FIFA 17 isnt bad...just doesnt feel all that different from 16. Frostbite wasnt some game changing addition to the game.

#firstworldproblems Feelsbadman

SpaceHorror

Do the option files change stadium and manager names as well?

Also, any chance of an Emirates Stadium update? Arsenal are licensed now so it'd be nice to have it for ML.

Spat_triate

When you have the ball how do you full out sprint? Regardless of who I am the opponents catch me up to quick.

Double tap the sprint button to knock the ball really far ahead. Be careful though as it's easy to lose control. The defending AI this year will punish you for mistakes.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
From what I understand based on last year visually it is gimped, but gameplay wise it's the same as PS4/X1.

Maybe watch some PC/PS4 comparisons from 16 to get an idea.

If it's only graphics I may get it, since patches usually improve the graphics

From what I understand based on last year visually it is gimped, but gameplay wise it's the same as PS4/X1.

Maybe watch some PC/PS4 comparisons from 16 to get an idea.

Supposedly it is just graphics and some missing graphical effects (outside stadium shots before matches, breath, etc).

Wait...wait.....If its *ONLY* some graphic effects missing on the PC and the gameplay is the SAME is consoles I might pull the trigger on the PC version! Can any confirm?!?

I dont care about graphics but the gameplay in PES 17 is too good to pass up this year. Might have to grab PES 17 on PC and FIFA 17 on XB1.

yagal

The demo is very good, best PES since my personal fav PES4

PES 2017 65€
FIFA 17 50€
(amazon.it)
It's a superior game but why Konami

Tomorrow I will trade DS3 and Ratchet to buy it.

My PSN is: oninou
Add me :)

MSMrRound

Can I ask a question?

Are the online features etc up already?

There was a friend of mine who brought the Xbox One version and he was saying something about not being able to create a MyClub profile and more?

PaulLFC

Wait...wait.....If its *ONLY* some graphic effects missing on the PC and the gameplay is the SAME is consoles I might pull the trigger on the PC version! Can any confirm?!?

I dont care about graphics but the gameplay in PES 17 is too good to pass up this year. Might have to grab PES 17 on PC and FIFA 17 on XB1.
That was the consensus last year - you could always get it through Steam and then refund if the PC version isn't up to scratch.

Top Bottom