• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR content seemingly confirmed for Star Wars Battlefront II

bombshell

The below thumbnail is from today's PlayStation newsletter.

MlfRWix.png

It says that Battlefront II is "PlayStation VR Compatible" in Danish.

So it looks like Battlefront II will get some PSVR content similar to how the first (DICE) Battlefront received a free PSVR X-Wing mission. It's unlikely that it refers to the whole game being PSVR compatible, but who knows.

Do other language newsletters show the same thumbnail? Or is it only in the Danish version?

Says the same on my german newsletter.

Knowing full well that it's likely limited to a single mode (probably a Fighter Squadron style mode like the X-Wing Mission from BF1), I still wish we'd get the full-scale conversion for virtual reality. Resident Evil 7 proved that you could do it, and if I could play a game like this with my headset? Good god, I may not play anything else for a few months.

I'm not the only one who immediately wanted the Rogue Squadron Trilogy ported to PSVR after playing the X-Wing Mission, right?

Shoeless

I was going to bite on this game anyway, since it has a single-player campaign this time, but as a PSVR owner, this just cements the purchase. If they actually include more than one mission this time, that would be great.

Really enjoyed the vr content in the original but it was short, I hope this is a bit bigger.

Yeah. Maybe more variety? Would love to speed around on Endor in VR! Or Battle of Yavin. Maybe two player stuff going on? Like flying the Falcon, and a second player is shooting on the screen?

FeD.nL

Hopefully some missions, perhaps online fighter squadron, model viewer and if they really go for it Lightsaber training on board of the Falcon.

But anyways I'm in.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Couldn't you just play this using the headset with no VR specific content?

I mean, that would be a shitty thing to say if that's the case, but it's a possibility.

dimmer

I mean, that would be a shitty thing to say if that's the case, but it's a possibility.

I think you are describing Cinema Mode which already exists for all content.

Alienous

I've been thinking about this.

I'd feel a lot better about EA making a 'Kinect Star Wars'-like 'Star Wars VR' game. Well, maybe not too much like Kinect Star Wars, but that kind of collection of experiences based in the universe.

Lightsaber Dueling. X-Wing piloting. Han Solo dancing.

The authentic Star Wars experience.

bombshell

Yes and I hope it isn't just an error on that newsletter.

It could of course be an error in the Danish newsletter that I received, so I'd still like to know if it's in other language newsletters.

However, the developers did hint at VR in Battlefront II earlier:

EG: One of my stand out moments from EA's first Battlefront was the VR mission. Will be seeing any more VR missions in the future?

Matt Webster: We are not talking about VR at the moment for Battlefront 2. That's a story for another day...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-21-the-big-star-wars-battlefront-2-interview

bombshell

The "PSVR compatible" label is only used for actual VR content/games, not referring to cinema mode. As said that would mean all games would be labeled PSVR compatible, which they aren't.

Taker666

Hopefully some missions, perhaps online fighter squadron, model viewer and if they're really go for it Lightsaber training on board of the Falcon.

But anyways I'm in.

Screw that.

I want 1 on 1 lightsaber battles against Vader, Maul etc etc. Imagine close up battles with your foes, with the same image quality as the characters in Arkham VR.

I'd pay $60 for that alone..even if it only had the same simple gameplay as Wii Sports Resort Sword fighting.

Knowing full well that it's likely limited to a single mode (probably a Fighter Squadron style mode like the X-Wing Mission from BF1), I still wish we'd get the full-scale conversion for virtual reality. Resident Evil 7 proved that you could do it, and if I could play a game like this with my headset? Good god, I may not play anything else for a few months.

I'm not the only one who immediately wanted the Rogue Squadron Trilogy ported to PSVR after playing the X-Wing Mission, right?

I like you.

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif

My body is ready! I really loved the Rogue One mission in Battlefront. It's probably my fav VR experience to date despite it being so short.

I kinda hoped / expected they would do more VR for Battlefront 2, I just hope there is more of it this time.

That one mission was an amazing experience but far too short and left you wanting more, so more missions and longer missions would be awesome.

Lagamorph

After the VR experience in the first Battlefront I need a full game like that.
We're not going to get anywhere near that here, but hopefully it's at least a few levels rather than one.

I hope it's not exclusive content to PSVR if true. We really need VR content to take off on all platforms, especially PC. Piecemeal exclusives this early don't really help move the medium forward in sales.

BigEmil

They made many great moves with Battlefront 2 to make me buy it day one now this solidifies it

Top Bottom