• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

The answer is: No matter how bad it may be, it's still not as bad as the 3DS stock (which is non-existent).

are people scared of ordering online or something?

I've checked multiple times in the past few months and there are always 3DS systems available for purchase at Best Buy and Target.

Target specifically has 9 different versions of 3DS that you can add to your cart right now...

sphinx

the piano man
for the first time I saw a Nintendo Switch in the wild,

here the rare sight (click to enlarge)

20170408_183302_zpsfskcxiui.jpg
I am based in Bremen, Germany and this is one of the Saturns that is less crowded cause it's very far from the main central area.

Here I spotted a Little Mac Amiibo when they used to be sold for 50~80 euros/dls by scalpers.

There were also some Zelda limited editions, exactly three. Also took a pic.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ireland must not like Switches, Gamestop across the country is well stocked and even have pre-owned Switch consoles now.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
for the first time I saw a Nintendo Switch in the wild,

here the rare sight (click to enlarge)

I am based in Bremen, Germany and this is one of the Saturns that is less crowded cause it's very far from the main central area.

Here I spotted a Little Mac Amiibo when they used to be sold for 50~80 euros/dls by scalpers.

There were also some Zelda limited editions, exactly three. Also took a pic.

Are those LCD price tags?
Never knew such a thing existed. (American)

evil ways

For those still looking for a Switch and with a friend or relative that's either active or retired from the military, the AAFES online store has both the grey and neon/red consoles in stock, tax and shipping free.

ziWB4yw.jpg

For those still looking for a Switch and with a friend or relative that's either active or retired from the military, the AAFES online store has both the grey and neon/red consoles in stock, tax and shipping free.

ziWB4yw.jpg

My dad is a 25 year veteran, today I learned the exchange has an online store. Neat.

Walked into my local Wal-Mart in central Florida yesterday, 3 neon switches. Three were also 2 regular 3dsl xl, and one galaxy xl. They had no consoles last week for either. So there must be some in the pipeline somewhere.

Hupsel

Im going to Orlando in early June and I will try to get a Switch online. I guess I wont have any luck in the stores (also since the city is full of tourists and people looking for a delicious Switch :p)

Xater

Ireland must not like Switches, Gamestop across the country is well stocked and even have pre-owned Switch consoles now.

I just had to check that myself and holy shit they seem to be available everywhere. What is Nintendo doing with their allocation of units?

Laekon

Brickseek totally failed me today. I got a bigger paycheck then expected and thought "fuck it, I'll buy a Switch". I look on brickseek and it says there are 5 in stock at my local Walmart. It still says that after I went there and 2 different employees said they have none. Makes me not trust it to drive further away.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I just had to check that myself and holy shit they seem to be available everywhere. What is Nintendo doing with their allocation of units?
I think the actual allocation is low/same as elsewhere but demand has been met so it moves real slow.

Spoke with staff at the local GS and they said it still steadily sells but doesn't exhaust stock the way it completely did for the first 2-3 weeks post launch. Accessories outside of cases were never a problem though.

Got my Switch about a month ago through an Amazon restock. Just showed the system to my brother this past week and it took him ten minutes to decide he wants one haha. So here I am, back on the grind to help him find one.

Hanmik

I've yet to see one in retail stores

was in a store with 5 units on display Tuesday... they have been there since launch.. I bought one 2 weeks ago from the same store. But I am talking about the Faroe Islands.. where we are only 48000 people.. the even have something like 12 PSVR units lying around in the same store.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah still haven't seen one where I live yet either. Never saw a NES Classic here either.

It's a Nintendo Wasteland.

bumpkin

I've still yet to see a console in a store with my own eyes, though I am starting to see more accessories than I was before.

Frostman

If Nintendo have a good E3 I will no doubt be picking one up post-E3, so hopefully I don't have trouble. At the minute in the UK they don't seem to be too hard to find, so if I pick one up before the madness of the fall I shouldn't be caught out.

I've yet to see one in any fucking store in Orlando, FL.

NowInStock shows the last alerts as like April 9th. I guess they are preparing stock for the release of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

If Nintendo have a good E3 I will no doubt be picking one up post-E3, so hopefully I don't have trouble. At the minute in the UK they don't seem to be too hard to find, so if I pick one up before the madness of the fall I shouldn't be caught out.

I honestly think the best time to get one will be right before E3, if they have a strong showing there a lot of people are going to be doing the same exact thing as you and you might be scrambling.

I honestly think the best time to get one will be right before E3, if they have a strong showing there a lot of people are going to be doing the same exact thing as you and you might be scrambling.

This is what I'm trying to do because I really want to play Zelda as well and MArio Kart 8 Deluxe looks fantastic.

The only other game I'm interested in sadly is Super Mario Odyssey so I hope we get some nice reveals for later this year at E3.

Mr. Hyde

I've yet to see one in any fucking store in Orlando, FL.

NowInStock shows the last alerts as like April 9th. I guess they are preparing stock for the release of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I found mine at a target near Millennia three weekends ago. They had them held at customer service and luckily they had one left. I guess I was lucky.

Cancelled my original order because I had other big games coming out the ps4. I'm now at the stage where I've beaten them and have any birthday approaching. Not concerned if it doesn't get in stock by then but hope to get some concrete news that supplies are coming.

Frostman

You may be right but I'm a little bit more flexible as far as when I get one. As long as I'm able to pick one up between E3 and Nintendos big fall games then I will be happy. So perhaps between June and September.

Koppai

We got in like 18 gray and 9 neon units in at my best buy on the truck. Check best buy today if you are looking for one.

Salvadora

Still seem pretty easy to find in the UK. I saw they had a bunch in my local supermarket and picked one up a few days later.
I don't think is the case on a national level and may simply be localised to your Asda/Tesco.

It's consistently sold out online and any restocks seem to sell through pretty quickly.

stockinformer.co.uk is a pretty good indicator of availability.

Oozer3993

I have not been paying too much attention to the Switch stock goings-on, but I was just made aware that GameStop is apparently doing a trade in deal where I could get $200 for my PS4 towards a Switch. I am pretty much ignorant when it comes to this, so what's the deal with GameStop Switch stock? Is it a crapshoot? Could they be holding some back for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Are they getting a regular supply, and if so do we know any details? Or are they holding them all back in bundles, possibly while cackling in glee at the money they can extract from us sorry souls? For reference, I am in the US of A. I apologize profusely if this has been covered elsewhere.

Persona7

Banned
I have not been paying too much attention to the Switch stock goings-on, but I was just made aware that GameStop is apparently doing a trade in deal where I could get $200 for my PS4 towards a Switch. I am pretty much ignorant when it comes to this, so what's the deal with GameStop Switch stock? Is it a crapshoot? Could they be holding some back for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Are they getting a regular supply, and if so do we know any details? Or are they holding them all back in bundles, possibly while cackling in glee at the money they can extract from us sorry souls? For reference, I am in the US of A. I apologize profusely if this has been covered elsewhere.

It's pure luck. You have to basically arrive soon after UPS drops a box off. Gamestop has a very very low allocation per store so a shipment can contain 1-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom