• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's net worth drops $600 million on Forbes' rich list, falls 92 spots

Milchjon

I never really appreciated just how insanely rich these people were until I started paying attention to the volume of some whole industries.

For example, Americans spent 37 billion on beer last year. Bill Gates could basically buy all American beer for 2.5 years straight. And that's a huge industry.

He's a poor billionaire though come on!! You know this will not make him happy..

he is the president of the US and he will be a historical figure. many of the top billionaires will not be remembered after a century. trump will (for better or worse)
I never really appreciated just how insanely rich these people were until I started paying attention to the volume of some whole industries.

For example, Americans spent 37 billion on beer last year. Bill Gates could basically buy all American beer for 2.5 years straight. And that's a huge industry.
shows how inflated some of the values are

Toth

Looks the plan to make more money by running for President was ruined when he actually became President. Whoops!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
he is the president of the US and he will be a historical figure. many of the top billionaires will not be remembered after a century. trump will (for better or worse)
shows how inflated some of the values are

Even my most ridiculous dreams of riches would never require more than say $100 million and THAT'S if I start doing stupid shit like buying a helicopter and a yacht.

Ovid

We're all people on a vast plain full of preventable poverty, illness, and violence. And there is a giant narrow spire off in the distance where all of the power is concentrated and where people have millions of times more resources than they actually need.

actual-wealth-distribution.jpg

Eh...I'm not too worried. It will all trickle down.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Bill gates is fucking incredible. When did he leave MS? Dude just refuses to not be richer than god.

jelly

You know he is going to rant about this on Twitter. This probably the one thing that hurts him the most since he became president

He can't though since he isn't allowed to have a business and I'm sure his business assets are his only major worth. I can't wait for his tax returns to get unveiled, I want to see his real worth.

It always seemed like his political career would come at the expense of his personal businesses. The kind of person his #MAGA bullshit attracts doesn't exactly strike me as the type to stay at luxury hotels, rent high priced condominiums or travel to golf resorts.

So he really is a billionaire? Disappointing.

That's highly questionable. Some estimates have shown that he may be carrying as much as $1.5B in debt. Since he has never released his tax returns, his actual income to debt ratio is unknown. What is known is that he owes a lot of money to a lot of different entities.

Syraxith

That's highly questionable. Some estimates have shown that he may be carrying as much as $1.5B in debt. Since he has never released his tax returns, his actual income to debt ratio is unknown. What is known is that he owes a lot of money to a lot of different entities.

According to the Economist, most of the businesses in the Trump portfolio are massively in debt. They earn just enough to cover the interest accrued on their loans with making little to no difference on the principals.

Trump is just a dumb narcissist who's running his Dad's legacy straight into the ground.

Ambient80

This is a good laugh for a lot of us, but the most likely outcome of this will be him using it in his next campaign. “Look how much I gave up for the American people! I gave up all this money because I love this country so much!” His base will eat it up. He already used it a bit on the campaign in 2016.

Trouble

Banned
Apparently he writes/calls them pretty much every year to dispute their number and try to get them to raise it. He is the only person ever on the list to do that.

gabbo

It always seemed like his political career would come at the expense of his personal businesses. The kind of person his #MAGA bullshit attracts doesn't exactly strike me as the type to stay at luxury hotels, rent high priced condominiums or travel to golf resorts.

I guess, like he himself, his sons can't manage business for shit.

According to the Economist, most of the businesses in the Trump portfolio are massively in debt. They earn just enough to cover the interest accrued on their loans with making little to no difference on the principals.

Trump is just a dumb narcissist who's running his Dad's legacy straight into the ground.

He is upholding one sacred tenet of daddy's legacy: unapologetic racism.

This is a good laugh for a lot of us, but the most likely outcome of this will be him using it in his next campaign. “Look how much I gave up for the American people! I gave up all this money because I love this country so much!” His base will eat it up. He already used it a bit on the campaign in 2016.

This.

Top Bottom