• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

That's not the sole reason I can't get excited for Detroit: Become Human. First of all, lots of great sci-fi indie games that tell a great story, and we just have a somewhat bigger sci-fi, what does it means to be a human game with NieR: Automata, which was executed perfectly.

As a massive Quantic Dream fan, I tend to agree. The thing I've always liked about David Cage's games is that they tell stories no other games are telling. But the outline for Detroit -- what it means to be human, etc -- has been done to death across all types of media.

It's a little bit disappointing, because you can usually bank on Quantic Dream doing something absolutely no one else is doing.

I picked up The Mark of Kri on a whim last PSN sale because I really liked it on PS2, and I just realized it was developed by Sony San Diego! What the hell? The game holds up pretty well despite PS2 jank, and it's still unique and fun. But man you gotta be disappointed about that studio. I get that it is an MLB The Show factory, but they've had plenty of other efforts that have fallen completely flat. LPB Karting, Guns Up, Kill Strain and a couple PS3 move games? Excuse me while I got vomit. This studio is mismanaged IMO. Scrap the me too carting, F2P, move gimmicks or any other half-assed "let's see what sticks" efforts. I would take a single game like The Mark of Kri over all of that.

LBP Karting and Guns Up weren't developed by Sony San Diego but regardless, Sony have already cut those teams. As far as we're aware, Sony San Diego are just the MLB The Show studio now.

Wrynnax

So we're about a month away and unless I'm mistaken, we still have no timeframe on the E3 conference? Us euro guys have to know if we're getting sleep or not :)

Donthizz#

What're the odds of sucker punches game being 2017 or early 2018? It's been a while since Second Son and First Light

because of third party deals Sony is under no pressure to rush their 1st party games. my guess is april-ish 2018.

can't see them releasing anything around destiny and RDR. GT Sport is the only exception.

DKHF

So we're about a month away and unless I'm mistaken, we still have no timeframe on the E3 conference? Us euro guys have to know if we're getting sleep or not :)
I think it will be the same day/time as always which is Tuesday 3AM CEST. They announced the date and time in mid-May the last two years at least so expect confirmation in 2-3 weeks.

It'd be hilarious if Sony switched their conference to Sunday at the last minute just to troll Microsoft.

Going between Microsoft and Bethesda would be interesting but I'd be shocked if it happened. I think the PC conference will move there instead. How I think they'll all go:

Sunday: Microsoft 1pm pst (they might have announced noon, not certain)
PC: 3pm
Bethesda: 6pm

Monday:
Nintendo: 11:30am (their Direct)
EA: 1pm
Ubisoft: 3pm
Sony: 6pm

Nintendo's is more wishful thinking on my part because I hate getting up really early on Tuesday for theirs.

Going between Microsoft and Bethesda would be interesting but I'd be shocked if it happened. I think the PC conference will move there instead. How I think they'll all go:

Monday:

Nintendo's is more wishful thinking on my part because I hate getting up really early on Tuesday for theirs.

EA's conference is on Saturday. They haven't done a Tuesday conference for two years now.

FelipeMGM

We should hear the E3 Sony confirmation in two weeks time. In 2015 they confirmed on May 15 and in 2016 on May 16

Monday:

yeah, EA will be on Saturday this year, and last year Ubi took the the 1pm slot so who knows which time they will do this year

Corpsepyre

Banned
What are the chances we'll see gameplay of TLOU Part II?

Maybe a short in-game teaser to get the hype rolling, but nothing major. I don't see any huge first party announcements from Sony this time around, so they have to double down on already announced titles and make them shine.

The most i expecting from TLOUP2 is a short trailer .
GOW more gameplay with boss battle .
Spidey gameplay demo .
UC LL gameplay demo .

The others could be trailers or gameplay demos but it don't really matter to me .

I'm starting to think that announcing stuff so early ended up playing in Sony's favor, it would have been a problem if they only announced a couple of games and then you had to wait years to see some released but we are in a time where they started releasing them, and they keep announcing stuff so you are receiving games and have a lot to look forward too.

black070

I'm starting to think that announcing stuff so early ended up playing in Sony's favor, it would have been a problem if they only announced a couple of games and then you had to wait years to see some released but we are in a time where they started releasing them, and they keep announcing stuff so you are receiving games and have a lot to look forward too.

It's only ever a problem when you have nothing coming in the horizon.

dolce

Banned
I forgot about Uncharted LL. They'll def show that at E3, then probably show TLOU Part II at PSX again.

I'm expecting more announcements from Sony. Hopefully we'll see Sucker Punch's new IP there.

wapplew

UC TLL will get a pre conference trailer and that's it I think.
Sony already push August games on blog, anything at E3 will be stuff beyond that.

DieH@rd

Banned
UC TLL will get a pre conference trailer and that's it I think.
Sony already push August games on blog, anything at E3 will be stuff beyond that.

Yup. Many were upset when Sony released Horizon trailer few days before E3 2016.

The Lost Legacy is most likely candidate for same approach this year.

Yup. Many were upset when Sony released Horizon trailer few days before E3 2016.

I forget what the trailer was before E3, but Horizon also had a gameplay demo play as well during the conference.

Horizon got a gameplay demo during the conference as well though.

Why not show Uncharted during the show? They havent showed any action from the game yet and people love Uncharted. Not to mention the E3 crowd goes nuts for ND.

The God

Horizon got a gameplay demo during the conference as well though.

Why not show Uncharted during the show? They havent showed any action from the game yet and people love Uncharted. Not to mention the E3 crowd goes nuts for ND.

Other games could use the stage attention more than Uncharted

Like Detroit or Dreams

ULL is just an expansion. An Uncharted expansion but an expansion nonetheless. I think it should get exposure before E3 and let something else take that slot during the show.

Top Bottom