• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Beefy

I have only seen about 2 idubz Content Cop videos. He mentions how hypocritical people are for complaining about his use of the N/F thing that I guess he does. They will censer the use of the N word but not the F one like you just did. I used to get bent out of shape when I heard people use the word in my store and I would kick them out. I stopped around the time I worked with a man that told me he does not react out against the N word casually used because that just gives the hate in the word more power which is exactly which is what Idubz said in his video. I don't use the word myself and I still don't like hearing it casually but as long as I'm not hearing it used as a derogatory way I just don't worry about it.

Each to there own. I don't want teens and younger calling me n*gger randomly because of people like Idubz and other Youtubers. As I said even PDP says it now.
I can't censor faggot in the UK as it is a kind of food as well. But that is the only time I use the word.

Sacul64GC

Banned
Each to there own. I don't want teens and younger calling me n*gger randomly because of people like Idubz and other Youtubers. As I said even PDP says it now.
I can't censor faggot in the UK as it is a kind of food as well. But that is the only time I use the word.

Genuine curiosity what kind of food is that? I know about cigs getting called that in the UK.

I do understand where your coming from with the kids stuff. Parents were fans of Red Dwarf where half the main cast was black but race was never brought up they were just people. I never really saw race as a thing until saw rush hour and repeated the Jacky Chan line of "Whats up my N" on a field trip. I just saw it as a funny part of a movie I liked, I was also a dumb kid that missed the fact people wanted to punch out Chan for saying it. So yes it is really easy for a word to get picked up by a child with out knowing the context.

The idea I wanted to express was not you should let people call you the N word or the F word but we should try to let it just become a word. That context matters. That we should not be focusing on the words people use to belittle and discriminate but on the actual act. What I'm saying is probably a bit idealistic I think I am still as naive as I was back then and I'm not good at getting my ideas out in text. I want to think that as time passes slurs will loose their power as we get more generations that just see them as words. Like the kids in South Park using the F word against those stupid biker guys.

JohnTH

Man, I'm gay and I really dislike when people do the whole “F-word” thing. It's not like it's any more insulting than using “gay” or “homo” offensively (e.g. “That's so gay!” or “What a homo.”); while if it's used truly casually, it really doesn't pack any punch—e.g. “Hey faggot!” as a greeting, even if used between straight peers.

But I'm from Portugal, where using the local equivalent is rather common and benign. Dunno if the landscape in the US is so different that it makes the mere presence of the word a problem. Or maybe, the word simply lost its original meaning over here...

Sacul64GC

Banned
Man, I'm gay and I really dislike when people do the whole “F-word” thing. It's not like it's any more insulting than using “gay” or “homo” offensively (e.g. “That's so gay!” or “What a homo.”); while if it's used truly casually, it really doesn't pack any punch—e.g. “Hey faggot!” as a greeting, even if used between straight peers.

But I'm from Portugal, where using the local equivalent is rather common and benign. Dunno if the landscape in the US is so different that it makes the mere presence of the word a problem. Or maybe, the word simply lost its original meaning over here...

I don't say the actual word or even f-word IRL, have no reason to. No way I would use it on a public forum like this uncensored. I'll make sexual jokes around friends just not using language like that.

Beefy

Genuine curiosity what kind of food is that? I know about cigs getting called that in the UK.

I do understand where your coming from with the kids stuff. Parents were fans of Red Dwarf where half the main cast was black but race was never brought up they were just people. I never really saw race as a thing until saw rush hour and repeated the Jacky Chan line of "Whats up my N" on a field trip. I just saw it as a funny part of a movie I liked, I was also a dumb kid that missed the fact people wanted to punch out Chan for saying it. So yes it is really easy for a word to get picked up by a child with out knowing the context.

The idea I wanted to express was not you should let people call you the N word or the F word but we should try to let it just become a word. That context matters. That we should not be focusing on the words people use to belittle and discriminate but on the actual act. What I'm saying is probably a bit idealistic I think I am still as naive as I was back then and I'm not good at getting my ideas out in text. I want to think that as time passes slurs will loose their power as we get more generations that just see them as words. Like the kids in South Park using the F word against those stupid biker guys.

Disgusting food, older people love it.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)

Seventy70

If Ethan ends up making a video protecting or downplaying what Jontron said, I'm fucking done with this channel.

Yeah, I hope they just stay out of it. I can relate to their "why can't we all just get along" attitude, but there's a line somewhere and JonTron is way over that line. Given all the shit H3 are going through at the moment though, I wouldn't blame them if they stayed out. Although, it's kind of a big elephant in the room at this point.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I seem to recall Ethan tweeting at JonTron that he was disappointed in his attitude once.

I doubt he will jump to his defense anyway. Defending PDP over one video when he personally knows the guy NOT to be a nazi/fascist is one thing; defending JonTron over repeated bigoted comments over the course of months with no margin of interpretation is another.

kami_sama

I seem to recall Ethan tweeting at JonTron that he was disappointed in his attitude once.

I doubt he will jump to his defense anyway. Defending PDP over one video when he personally knows the guy NOT to be a nazi/fascist is one thing; defending JonTron over repeated bigoted comments over the course of months with no margin of interpretation is another.

I agree, this thing is just awful, with pdp there was some nuances, but with this? Just pure unadulterated bullshit.

When they added Jontron to the intro I was just thinking "Really? That fucker?".

Seesaw15

That tweet was 100% sarcasm. Ethan was defending Jon's attitude because 'Triggered feminist am i rite?'
j86SDGT.png

Posted this in the control statement thread. Thought i should here too

Man I like h3h3, but he definitely deserves to be called out for this shit. He makes videos on way less serious things than this. But because it's his friend he doesn't say shit. So much for integrity and "cutting through the bullshit."
I think he also liked jon's statement tweet. Disappointing man.
If ethan doesn't cover it in his recap today... Then it seals the deal. He's being a hypocrite

Aiii

So not worth it
Ethan is not respnsible for what his friend says or what he believes in. He is certainly not mandated to release videos or statements on it, it is not his cross to bear.

If he releases a video defending Jon, you would be welcome to call him out on it, anything more than that is just ridiculous.

Beefy

Ethan is not respnsible for what his friend says or what he believes in. He is certainly not mandated to release videos or statements on it, it is not his cross to bear.

If he releases a video defending Jon, you would be welcome to call him out on it, anything more than that is just ridiculous.

He is all to ready to call out other YouTubers doing shit. But as soon as it's a friend or some ine close he either ignores it or defends them.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe he realizes his bias would not allow him to make a fair video. Maybe he calls his friends out in person.

But even still, he is under no obligation to make a video on anything.

Maybe he realizes his bias would not allow him to make a fair video. Maybe he calls his friends out in person.

He's not obligated to do anything, but this is literally what the channel is about. He called out joey salads for racist bs, you'd think he'd do the same for jontron. But (it seems) he's not going to because they're friends. People like h3h3 for their integrity, and so far this situation has showed the exact opposite.

Chumley

Banned

Then he's a fucking hypocrite and doesn't deserve another click from me. This is what his channel has always been about, and his silence about this is deafening and very telling.

He's been going downhill for a while now and this is the natural nadir to what everyone has been noticing.

Fat4all

Banned
Nothing new, just see how they cowardly ran away after the Leafy rant when shit got too heated and unlisted their video in the end.

This is different. With the Leafy situation Ethan didn't want the situation to escalate, so he made his comments on Reddit and left it at that.

With this, it's pretty much a blackout. It's much more shameful to me.

Button

Banned
I wouldn't even be surprised if Ethan makes a defending or accepting video about Jontron. Unfortunately the biggest part of YouTube audiences seem to be ok with racism and intolerance of minorities. H3H3 would probably lose 10 subscribers.

Beefy

I unsubbed as soon as he talked to Sargon of Akkad. Ethan saying he would go on Akkad's show and talk about PDP. But didn't want to ruin his career by slamming the people who pay him. It says it all really.

I do think it looks bad if Ethan doesn't say anything, but at the same time I can understand it being a very weird situation. it's much different than just being a friend. Jontron is basically responsible for Ethan and Hila being back in the US with Jon giving Hila a job for them to come back.

I get the frustration at the silence, but am able to kind reserve it a little bit because its such a weird situation. I mean Jontrons shit isn't really even in his channel's video is? Besides his response to stuff after the fact? I don't know if Ethan would normally just make a video about someone's tweets and him getting on someone else's stream.

Not really making excuses, but just think it's a little less simple than just "Here's this controversial thing and Ethan should speak out about it.".

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I do think it looks bad if Ethan doesn't say anything, but at the same time I can understand it being a very weird situation. it's much different than just being a friend. Jontron is basically responsible for Ethan and Hila being back in the US with Jon giving Hila a job for them to come back.

I get the frustration at the silence, but am able to kind reserve it a little bit because its such a weird situation. I mean Jontrons shit isn't really even in his channel's video is? Besides his response to stuff after the fact? I don't know if Ethan would normally just make a video about someone's tweets and him getting on someone else's stream.

Not really making excuses, but just think it's a little less simple than just "Here's this controversial thing and Ethan should speak out about it.".

Basically. Imagine being simultaneously extremely grateful/indebted to and appalled by someone. Not easy.

That said, he's walking on thin ice as far as I'm concerned. The PDP thing didn't bother me at all, but this is something else. Hopefully Ethan can find a way to reconcile his views - because he clearly isn't a racist or mysoginist - with personal relationship with JonTron without being a coward about it.

pompidu

He should do that personally and not in an open venue like YouTube. And should have done the same with PDP. I don't air my grievances with friends to the public, that's not respectful. I know people want to hear what he has to say, people love gossip and drama but this type of shit between friends should stay between friends. If you don't know Jon personally, go on YouTube and villify him all day, be my guest.

Tubie

Ethan's thoughts on the recent Youtube advertisement issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ489KjPqlc

he goes in

Terrible video imo :(

Let's witch hunt and mock a guy doing his job just cause Youtube had a hardline response to advertisers bailing at their products being on racists channels (and rightfully so).

There is so much I love about H3H3, but there is a very clear pattern with Ethan. He will try to defend the indefensible or downplay anything if it directly impacts him or his friends, without any objectivity at all.

Exuro

This is hard to watch. Ethan has a little too much stake in this to not be very biased.

And I can't help but think about his lack of response to JonTron when he's talking about the racist remarks.

Tubie

I honestly can't believe he uploaded that video.

Seems not well thought out at all, he goes all over the place with it. Then makes it gets super personal with that journalist who only did what journalists are supposed to do, research things, even if they take hours.

Even if just 1 Coke ad appears on a racist video out of a 5 hour search is enough to make this a real story imo. I can't believe Ethan would downplay this.

Ethan continues to be garbage with his "war on journalism". It'sill informed and misleading. Genuinely sad to see one of my favorite YouTubers fall into reactionary bait like this. The narrative of the "war of old corporate media on new media" and all that is so dumb, which is why people like Boogie and Colin Moriarty are always talking about it. They all seem to hate the idea that a world outside YouTube exists and that they aren't protected from criticism. It's insufferable.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I agree with you guys, that was a dogshit video. It has become very apparent that Ethan is completely illogical when it comes to things that affect him, dude has no way of looking at things objectively.

Also, made this comment on the subreddit

8RjsqsQ.png

and some dude told me that I was a shill and I should kill myself.

This is the crowd Ethan attracts with idiotic videos like this.

Top Bottom