• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

i-Jest

Hate to see it considering the other releases were relatovely cheap at the low 30s with the highest being about 50 before Omega's price of 65 showed up. Lol. Just me being cranky about the price.

I'm right there with you, but if I'm being completely honest, I wouldn't mind shelling out that money for the Kiseki Evolution games, Hero Must Die, Twin Star Exorcist, or Kai-ri-sei Million Arthur if it meant having them in full English text.

I'm crazy, I know.

Edit: in other news, I finally got Odin Sphere, at retail value no less. Feels good mang.

Well, hyping Koei Tecmo games that'll never happen worked for Limited Run Games, so...

I mean, I know they said "we'd like to do this and we're in contact with Koei-Tecmo", both things I assume are true. That's a little more 'reflection of the reality of the situation' than that tweet I linked, unless SLG are actually doing releases of Koei-Tecmo stuff :p

oldmario

I mean, I know they said "we'd like to do this and we're in contact with Koei-Tecmo", both things I assume are true. That's a little more 'reflection of the reality of the situation' than that tweet I linked, unless SLG are actually doing releases of Koei-Tecmo stuff :p

tbh i don't know why they'd use LRG for the Atelier games when it's NIS that usually does thei limited vita releases as seen with Atelier Escha & Logy and Ar Nosurge Plus

Shizuka

tbh i don't know why they'd use LRG for the Atelier games when it's NIS that usually does thei limited vita releases as seen with Atelier Escha & Logy and Ar Nosurge Plus

LRG would tap into their back catalogue, since NISA only did for new releases and Koei Tecmo ditched the Vita this year.

Ventara

Speaking of Heavy Arms, are the case artwork they're using accurate? Like, do they actually have a NA copy of Natural Doctrine for $15, or is that just the Asian version and they're merely using the NA artwork for the pic?

Edit: Wait, do you actually need Facebook to buy from them? Any other way to message them?

Olengie

Speaking of Heavy Arms, are the case artwork they're using accurate? Like, do they actually have a NA copy of Natural Doctrine for $15, or is that just the Asian version and they're merely using the NA artwork for the pic?

Edit: Wait, do you actually need Facebook to buy from them? Any other way to message them?

you can ask them on Twitter or email them.

If you want to buy from them, you email them. I ordered from them a couple of times and I always had a pleasant experience. Shipping is flat $10 for up to 5 games (cheapest shipping). They sometimes have titles that Play Asia claims to be "OOP" but it usually means PA is no longer stocking them.

Ventara

you can ask them on Twitter or email them.

If you want to buy from them, you email them. I ordered from them a couple of times and I always had a pleasant experience. Shipping is flat $10 for up to 5 games (cheapest shipping). They sometimes have titles that Play Asia claims to be "OOP" but it usually means PA is no longer stocking them.

Thanks! Been meaning to buy a few things from them, and $10 shipping for 5 games sounds great.

Olengie

Thanks! Been meaning to buy a few things from them, and $10 shipping for 5 games sounds great.

I think they ship on Friday and it usually takes 2 -3 weeks to arrive.

If you have any questions, Steve (the owner) will be more than happy to answer. I also recommend following their Twitter for updates and restock notifications. Sometimes info can be wrong but that is largely their supplier giving them the wrong info. They will also tell you if something is OOP.

Unsurprising, but NISA is localizing The Lost Child!

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/6027-report-the-lost-child-is-being-localized-by-nis-america

No proper announcement yet, because someone messed up.

From what I've seen of the game so far, it really seems to be one of the more "by the numbers" drpgs. It's great for people who are fine with average, but if you want something that pushes beyond that, it doesn't do much. Really is a shame that we're getting announcements for every drpg under the sun, except the 2 that are really worth mentioning (Coven and DT2-2).

I'm almost scared to ask if the game's decent. Haven't seen anyone buying it.

Ya....the game basically tanked in it's first week and then fell off the face of the earth after that. Could be they didn't market it at all or it could just suck, no one knows, because no one bought it.

Shizuka

From what I've seen of the game so far, it really seems to be one of the more "by the numbers" drpgs. It's great for people who are fine with average, but if you want something that pushes beyond that, it doesn't do much. Really is a shame that we're getting announcements for every drpg under the sun, except the 2 that are really worth mentioning (Coven and DT2-2).

I need Wizardry LoLS on my Vita, but XSEED.

Saphirax

Coven, DT 2-2, Wizardry...

200_s.gif

autoduelist

Ya....the game basically tanked in it's first week and then fell off the face of the earth after that. Could be they didn't market it at all or it could just suck, no one knows, because no one bought it.

What other drpgs have been announced?

i-Jest

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/6027-report-the-lost-child-is-being-localized-by-nis-america

You mean WE'RE in.

Coven, DT 2-2, Wizardry...

200_s.gif

Well, there is still hope, as long as Sony keeps Vita's servers going, yeah?

EDIT:

Does Gamestop's original Retro City Rampage download code only work with U.S. Accounts or does it apply North America as a whole.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/retro-city-rampage/106665

This pretty much. I'm looking forward to The Lost Child (I'll take almost any DRPG), but I really really want Coven. DT2-2 too. I still have hope for Coven.

Someone all but confirmed this a while ago, think it was Aokage (where is he anyway?)

Nice to see. I intend to get round to all Vita's gridders eventually, even though so far all I've played is Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss lol.

Wonder if we'll get Tokyo Clanpool at some point too.

I think after Mary Skelter, Tokyo Clanpool should be a safe bet. Seems like they have almost the same amount of fan service from what I can tell. And there isn't much else for IFI to localize.

I think after Mary Skelter, Tokyo Clanpool should be a safe bet. Seems like they have almost the same amount of fan service from what I can tell. And there isn't much else for IFI to localize.

I hope so. I know it's probably not going to be mindblowing but I think it looks pretty good.

i-Jest

What's left for them?

Regarding crushing "dreams":
https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905718397022896128

No english subtitles for Omega Labyrinth Z. Welp.

Sort of in English. :)

(it's just the menu in English)

DJHCD-zVAAANug5.jpg:large

Crushing reality strikes again folks. Pray for fan translations?

I'd say it's a safe bet too, even though from what they've shown of it so far, it looks to be about as simplistic and forgettable as MeiQ.

Saphirax

Well to be fair DT 2-2 is very likely to happen, as for Coven NIS may have been waiting for the PS4 version to be released in Japan before localizing it.

Coven having a ps4 version makes it more likely it'll come over, yeah. However, not so sure about DT 2-2. I can see Atlus skipping it.

Ekid

Coven having a ps4 version makes it more likely it'll come over, yeah. However, not so sure about DT 2-2. I can see Atlus skipping it.

After them releasing both Utawarerumono everything is possible. I don't think the vita port of the first Dungeon Travelers is still an option but I'm pretty confident that DT 2-2 will come to the west.

Saphirax

After them releasing both Utawarerumono everything is possible. I don't think the vita port of the first Dungeon Travelers is still an option but I'm pretty confident that DT 2-2 will come to the west.

Utawarerumono has a ps4 version though. DT 2-2 is vita only. It can still come over, but it does make it less likely.

Utawarerumono has a ps4 version though. DT 2-2 is vita only. It can still come over, but it does make it less likely.

They committed to Caligula Effect this year, although I can't imagine that did particularly well for them as a digital-only release. And without John Hardin there championing physical versions, maybe you're right. Which would be a shame.

Shizuka

NISA localized Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection for the PSP in 2013. There is no way they're skipping Coven for the Vita in 2018. I think this is all just a ploy to hype Coven as NISA's last, greatest Vita title.

Top Bottom