• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Saphirax

NISA localized Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection for the PSP in 2013. There is no way they're skipping Coven for the Vita in 2018. I think this is all just a ploy to hype Coven as NISA's last, greatest Vita title.

While I do believe Coven is coming, I don't think it's a ploy. Anihawk said NISA didn't even consider bringing Coven over a few months back. It simply wasn't on their radar. For some baffling reason.

oldmario

has anyone else noticed UK prices of NISA Vita games have gone up? they used to cap off at £29.99 but now they're around £36 which is more or less 1:1 with the PS4 versions now

Saphirax

has anyone else noticed UK prices of NISA Vita games have gone up? they used to cap off at £29.99 but now they're around £36 which is more or less 1:1 with the PS4 versions now

Where are you seeing those prices? Only website I can find that has DG2 up for preorder is Shopto. That price is going to decrease closer to release.

Where are you seeing those prices? Only website I can find that has DG2 up for preorder is Shopto. That price is going to decrease closer to release.

Shopto's pricing has been awful for ages now. I'm still waiting for Ys VIII to drop. Will be purchasing from Base or 365games in the end I think.

Saphirax

Shopto's pricing has been awful for ages now. I'm still waiting for Ys VIII to drop. Will be purchasing from Base or 365games in the end I think.

Yeah, going with Base is cheaper. Haven't used 365games ever since they increased their international shipping to £5 :/.

AniHawk

NISA localized Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection for the PSP in 2013. There is no way they're skipping Coven for the Vita in 2018. I think this is all just a ploy to hype Coven as NISA's last, greatest Vita title.

the difference is that the psp was viewed as a platform that was viable for support in 2013 because the vita existed and download-only titles would work for psp owners as well as vita owners. with coven, there is no followup to the vita.

autoduelist

Can someone sell me on God Eater 2: Rage Burst? I know little about it... I just read 2 reviews and I -think- it's a hunting game?

I already own several hunting games but always seem to start and not finish them [ragnorok ace, freedom wars, soul sacrifice].... i like them, but burn out quickly or something.

Also... how is Sword Art Online: Lost Song ?

----------

I know nothing about Coven but if it's a DRPG i'm in. Excited for DT2-2 because I absolutely loved the dungeons in the first... I also thought delayed spell casting was quite cool.

I opened a thread about it, but I don't know if here are any LATAM Vita fan: DB Battle of Z is nowhere to be found on LatAm PSN. Sad since I wanted to try that one out. It's still on NA store

It werids me becuase Bandai Namco games generally do well here.

Tohsaka

the difference is that the psp was viewed as a platform that was viable for support in 2013 because the vita existed and download-only titles would work for psp owners as well as vita owners. with coven, there is no followup to the vita.

Coven is getting a PS4 version in Japan though, and NISA is porting Demon Gaze 2 to PS4 specifically for the west. It's not like it's a Vita exclusive anymore.

Yeah, Gematsu updated their article. What a huge bummer.

Well, Kadokawa released some games of their own in Asia with english subtitles, like the first Demon Gaze or Natural Doctrine - both NISA games in the west - maybe there is some hope left.

Wish they would go the Limited Physical Edition route. I'm sure those would sell out regardless

It still surprises me that off all publishes only Square Enix is taking this route with Lost Sphear. Atlus, Nisa and Co. should try that aswell, Nisa even has it's own store.

AniHawk

Coven is getting a PS4 version in Japan though, and NISA is porting Demon Gaze 2 to PS4 specifically for the west. It's not like it's a Vita exclusive anymore.

2017 is when there was a thriving, living ps vita ecosystem where physical games sell like hotcakes. 2018 is a cold barren land where even digital releases are a risk.

2017 is when there was a thriving, living ps vita ecosystem where physical games sell like hotcakes. 2018 is a cold barren land where even digital releases are a risk.
Personally these days I feel more inclined to buy a Vita game if there is a physical release. If it's download only I can just wait until it's dirt cheap. If there are more Vita owners like me then I wonder if the risk is actually in launching exclusively through digital download.

Tohsaka

Maybe, but like I said there is now a PS4 version which I'm sure people would be interested in, and they'd probably port it to Steam like everything else. I just find it odd that they keep localizing other companies' DRPGs and seemingly ignore the one made by their parent company which was actually popular and sold well in Japan. Still no word on Witch and the Hundred Knight 2, either.

Nope. The Lost Child is digital only on Vita.

At this point I don't know whether to be like... "yay, at least they're bringing the Vita version over at all unlike some companies" or still be disappointed with digital-only; especially since NISA have shown time and time again that they understand how small print runs work yet seem to have no interest in doing them anymore.

Digital-only is a surefire way to make sure I pick up a game in a sale. I'll usually pre-order just to show support if something gets a physical release (i.e. I have DanganRonpa; Demon Gaze & Ys pre-ordered at the moment) but digital is just like... ehh, I'll wait.

Oh well. It looks neat, I'll probably pick it up at some point, but what a shame.

NISA have 3 games announced for Vita in 2018 so far which is like... more than any other publisher than Aksys, yet they're all digital-only. Are they gonna be done with physical releases after Demon Gaze II?

FDC1

Congrats to Sony Europe for botching another Vita release. I just bought It's Spring Again but I can't download the game, it doesn't appear on my download list. Same thing happened with Windjammers barely a few days ago. Grrrrr...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Was at GameStop picking up one of those reprinted Odin Sphere's and the clerk is like, "You know Drive Girls is coming out soon right?"

Never thought I'd hear a Vita game being pushed. Much less Drive Girls, lol.

Shizuka

Was at GameStop picking up one of those reprinted Odin Sphere's and the clerk is like, "You know Drive Girls is coming out soon right?"

You gotta commend that clerk, he knows what's up.

Haha. Although could've picked a better game to recommend :p

Do you guys reckon Lost Child might get an Asian-English release from Kadokawa?

God Wars did. As well as Natural Doctrine. The issue is Natural Doctrine was years ago and God Wars was a simultaneous worldwide release =/

oldmario

yeah it was at shopto, it's hard to find retailers that sell vita games now and i only mainly see them there, amazon (who sell them at £40 a pop), base, and 365games who don't seem to have DG2 or Ys up for pre-order

oldmario

Nisa Eu have told me that there's going to be a standard edition of Yomawari at retail so i guess now it's just a matter of waiting for it to pop up for pre-order online

huh weird, i tried searching for Ys last night and all i got was search results for funko pops

Nisa Eu have told me that there's going to be a standard edition of Yomawari at retail so i guess now it's just a matter of waiting for it to pop up for pre-order online

It is, for the PS4. Did they clarify that the Vita will get one aswell? Because the PS4 version is up for pre-order for months everywhere and nothing for the Vita so far. Not at one retailer.

autoduelist

Maybe I have people confused, but haven't you been extremely negative about this 'thriving, living ecosystem' for several years?

At this point I don't know whether to be like... "yay, at least they're bringing the Vita version over at all unlike some companies" or still be disappointed with digital-only; especially since NISA have shown time and time again that they understand how small print runs work yet seem to have no interest in doing them anymore.

Digital-only is a surefire way to make sure I pick up a game in a sale. I'll usually pre-order just to show support if something gets a physical release (i.e. I have DanganRonpa; Demon Gaze & Ys pre-ordered at the moment) but digital is just like... ehh, I'll wait.

You should be 'yay'. We're still getting games. Digital only is less risk and less work. They don't mind if more people wait for a sale because the overhead is a lot less too - no physical production costs, no inventory storage costs, no distribution costs, less risk, no manufacturing costs, no distributor returns, etc. So even if you wait for a sale, they're still getting about the same money with a lot less out up front.

I realize lots here love physical, but as someone who used to run a company selling physical goods, I -hated- it and would have loved to be digital only. Physical was brutal compared to digital. So much more work, and make less money. And distributor returns were extra special [though I don't know if that exists in gaming] where you'd suddenly get a shipment of busted up worthless inventory and have to refund the distributor what they'd already paid you for it. Ugh.

autoduelist

So... I sold myself on this God Eater 2 NA PSN sale for $10 even though I still don't even know what genre it is.

But what about SAO: Lost Song?
I already own Hollow Fragment but haven't played it yet. Should I just hold off on LS?

Also... plat'd Shinobido 2. Kind of annoying plat, but overall fun game. Though I had more fun early on when I was 'trying' to SS levels, and eventually was so powerful I could just speedrun anything [infinite OP items, basically]. Though that was sort of fun too. Cleared 1gig off my card, which was the main goal, I just didn't expect to like it so much.

Haha, he is...

Vita was about to die in 2015... 2016... 2017 and now in 2018.

Keep on repeating and one year it will be true!

Ok, yeah, that's what I thought.

Hycran

Banned
So... I sold myself on this God Eater 2 NA PSN sale for $10 even though I still don't even know what genre it is.

But what about SAO: Lost Song?
I already own Hollow Fragment but haven't played it yet. Should I just hold off on LS?

They are very different games. One is an mmo with a lot of different skills and weapon systems while the other is more of an easy action rpg. Maybe watch a YouTube video to get an idea of the difference. LS does not have nearly as many hours to offer but is more compact and less meandering.

Haha, he is...

Vita was about to die in 2015... 2016... 2017 and now in 2018.

Keep on repeating and one year it will be true!

To be fair, Ani said 2015 was the last year of proper Vita exclusives (which it kinda was, DanganRonpa/Persona etc.), but after that was saying that 2016 would be when the console started dying off. I'd say 2017 has been pretty good so far and 2018 has more stuff lined up than I'd have thought, so Ani was a bit off on that.

So, I'm selling some Vita games on eBay right now. I got six questions so far in three days and five (!) of them are from Brazil, asking how much shipping costs (it costs alot!). I had some really nice chats with cool folks. Maybe it's just a coincident and not representative, but it's so nice to see how much love and passion the Vita gets from people there! In Germany no one cares for it anymore, only little hardcore fans are left. From my experience atleast.

So, I'm selling some Vita games on eBay right now. I got six questions so far in three days and five (!) of them are from Brazil, asking how much shipping costs (it costs alot!). I had some really nice chats with cool folks. Maybe it's just a coincident, but it's so nice to see how much love and passion the Vita gets from people there!

Can you not shamelessly plug your eBay listings on here, so that we at least know what you're selling? :)

AniHawk

To be fair, Ani said 2015 was the last year of proper Vita exclusives (which it kinda was, DanganRonpa/Persona etc.), but after that was saying that 2016 would be when the console started dying off. I'd say 2017 has been pretty good so far and 2018 has more stuff lined up than I'd have thought, so Ani was a bit off on that.

2017 is the new 1998. it's the year where dreams happen and everyone is happy. but with the switch taking off, and the vita nearing 6 years of life (with no successor), devs are probably going to want a 3ds userbase with ps3-level power versus a sega saturn userbase with ps2-level power for their upcoming games.

we'll still see some new vita announcements at tgs, with those games probably getting localized in 2018, but we're talking about a niche market that is only getting smaller.

Can you not shamelessly plug your eBay listings on here, so that we at least know what you're selling? :)

Ha, I guess no one would believe me if I say that wasn't my itention at all! And I'm sure sharing the link is against some rules. If even the mentioning of it is against it, then sorry, I will delete it right away. But I shared a list of games in the BST-Thread here, if you are interested.

Ha, I guess no one would believe me if I say that wasn't my itention at all! And I'm sure sharing the link is against some rules. If even the mentioning of it is against it, then sorry, I will delete it right away. But I shared a list of games in the BST-Thread here, if you are interested.

No, I actually really wanted to know what you're selling. Not sure either if it's against the rules to share the link, hadn't thought about that tbh.

2017 is the new 1998. it's the year where dreams happen and everyone is happy. but with the switch taking off, and the vita nearing 6 years of life (with no successor), devs are probably going to want a 3ds userbase with ps3-level power versus a sega saturn userbase with ps2-level power for their upcoming games.

we'll still see some new vita announcements at tgs, with those games probably getting localized in 2018, but we're talking about a niche market that is only getting smaller.
What are the chances of NISA doing more physical releases on the console?

oldmario

is it possible for games sometimes to corrupt randomly from saving? playing uta tonight and just as i go to upload the save to the cloud it tells me the file is corrupted, when i start the game up it says the system data is corrupt and that i can't load saves or resume games

another weird thing that happened was when i looked at the information of the skittle to see if it really did need 4gb it just had - in the size info instead of the file size

don't tell me the memory card is really on its way out

Top Bottom