• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PROBLEM SOLVING GAF RSC2 season 2 thread!

hgplayer1

well i just got back home and it looks like my time held up but then again there are all those DNFs.

its really too bad. RSC2 is really the first game that works rather well for XSN.

Bebpo

Banned
Shit I messed up.

I'm a hypocrite. I complain about no-shows and ask for short rounds, and then I get a DNF.

I'm sorry

Fowler

Come on people, no excuses this time... get your times in! At the very least, the remaining Lug Nut and the other two Elegant Wild racers should post a time -- those are the only two teams with no no-shows and thus probably the only two gunning for the season championship... can't have it decided by a DNF!

Pachinko

French movie theme had the rounds set to 5 days. Since the first 16 player season filled up so fast, he started the event and round one was 9 days, with round 2 and 3 and so on still being 5 days. Part of the problem was that round 1 ended on a thursday night with canada day and independance day throughout the weekend, so the deadline came really fast. Round 3 lasts until like friday so be sure to post a time.

IJoel

Pachinko said:
French movie theme had the rounds set to 5 days. Since the first 16 player season filled up so fast, he started the event and round one was 9 days, with round 2 and 3 and so on still being 5 days. Part of the problem was that round 1 ended on a thursday night with canada day and independance day throughout the weekend, so the deadline came really fast. Round 3 lasts until like friday so be sure to post a time.

It'd be better if the rounds were longer. I mean, what's the rush?

hgplayer1

IJoel said:
It'd be better if the rounds were longer. I mean, what's the rush?

maybe a better question is why people cant get at least try in before the 5 days is up. I went out of town for 4 days and I still got my time in. Its understandable if people got other things to do and cant make the deadline but damn for almost half the people to not get a time seems unreasonable.

IJoel

hgplayer1 said:
maybe a better question is why people cant get at least try in before the 5 days is up. I went out of town for 4 days and I still got my time in. Its understandable if people got other things to do and cant make the deadline but damn for almost half the people to not get a time seems unreasonable.

Well, the way I see it is that I can definitely get a time in that period, and have done so, so far. But, for it to be really competitive, it requires more than just entering a run, one has to try hard at each track. If enough time isn't given for this, then you might get a subpar tournament where the results are just as expected. Take a look, for instance, at round 1. It was the start of a very competitive tournament. It all went to hell in round 2 because of the time, I assume.

hgplayer1

Im not quite sure that extending the deadlines would absolutely help things I just know that Id grow a little tired of keeping up with a 5 round tournament that took over a month to complete. Thats why I like only a few days between rounds. Im sure it would be more competitive if people actually had time to spend trying to get good times but if you dont have the time then you should be content with getting whatever points you can to help the team.

Bog

Junior Ace
How about a season where you only get one shot at each race? Is that an option on XSN?

hgplayer1

that would be ideal in order to mimmick how actual rallies are done but you just know everybody would be holding off until the last possible minute to post a time. I kinda like the way it is now though because I dont think I could push myself as hard as I do without knowing what kind of time I should be going for.

Pachinko

Yeah , I missed round 4 as well :(. I could have raded it the night it started but didnt' and then proceeded to get busy for most of the weekend before finally realizing the round was over just when I had time to play again. Now it looks like it's almost pointless to even finish the final round. I mean its been up for 2 days and no ones even posting a time...

Top Bottom