• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Tsuna

You can get some nice items at the end of some side quest chains, for example you get a ribbon which
"Prevents all status aliments"
by doing professor Protege quests. The best unique items come from dungeons i believe and CID.
There is guy at Lestallum that gives you the best weapons for completing his quests.

Only in chapter 15 I think

abbyabs

I'm up to lever 53 completed the game I am starting to get bored now apart from getting the best weapons and doing high level hunts, Is their any point to leveling up? Is their any DLC planed for higher levels?

Tsuna

I'm up to lever 53 completed the game I am starting to get bored now apart from getting the best weapons and doing high level hunts, Is their any point to leveling up? Is their any DLC planed for higher levels?
It will make some of the later hunts, side quests (like the one where you have to fight the level 120 monster), and sealed dungeons easier to complete. You could probably beat everything at your level, but it will just take much long to do.

I don't think you really need to grind anyways. I got to the 90s just by completing all the hunts/sidequests and occasionally staying at the 2x/3x hotel.

Pachimari

Okay, so it's been two months since I completed the game and immensely enjoyed it. I just started it up again and have some trouble getting around. How do I get to Altissia and the carnival?

Pachimari

Are there any unique items in the carnival that'll only be available from that event? I've notice there's a chocobo-moogle sticker for the Regalia but is there anything else?

Tsuna

Are there any unique items in the carnival that'll only be available from that event? I've notice there's a chocobo-moogle sticker for the Regalia but is there anything else?
You get a dream egg if you watch the fireworks with Carbuncle. There is some fishing gear you can get too if you fish.

Unless I'm missing something I think everything else is at the prize counter.

Edit: oh and you can get two recipes at the square enix cafe

otapnam

Can anyone point me out to a "guaranteed" Angelus 0 spawn please?
Been wasting hours waiting for him

I think once u beat all the regular dungeons it gets easier.

I finally got him to spawn North of hammerhead by the water tower but it took forever to take down - I need to get the 100% CRIT recipe

Gui_PT

I think once u beat all the regular dungeons it gets easier.

I finally got him to spawn North of hammerhead by the water tower but it took forever to take down - I need to get the 100% CRIT recipe

Thanks! Tried that spot earlier but it still took quite some time to get a spawn.

Don't really want to use the Carbuncle method but the spawn/drop is so rare, I'm considering it.

Vashetti

Banned
You get a dream egg if you watch the fireworks with Carbuncle. There is some fishing gear you can get too if you fish.

Unless I'm missing something I think everything else is at the prize counter.

Edit: oh and you can get two recipes at the square enix cafe

Plus two unique trophies from getting below certain times on each Chocobo race.

Qurupeke

I'm taking a break from the game until the DLC and I forgot about the Chocobo festival. Visited it today and I did pretty much everything. It was fun and kind of weird sometimes, like when Keny the Crow gave Noctis something to drink...

So... wha'ts that dream egg supposed to be?

Caim

Nier songs Song of the Ancients/Fate and Weight of the World were added.

If you missed Chilled Food Tin it should automatically be in the recipes.

99-100 is about 1mil exp.

First limited hunt is up as well.

Ricker

So for the Pro they fixed the Lite mode to 60 FPS,not the high mode lol...oh well I was playing on Lite anyway...

Also,they say updated saves will not work on former version of the game...I have not finished the game,I have a save just before chapter 13,does this means I have to start that manual save and re save over it or just load it and play...not sure what this means,to me its a know fact...

Amon37

I'm at the end of chapter 3 but I was a video on ap farming and the person had a technique where they were chaining warp strikes if it was one shotting the enemy, I can't seem to find where that is in Ascension screen. Were they just farther in the game and got something I just don't have access too yet?

Nier songs Song of the Ancients/Fate and Weight of the World were added.

If you missed Chilled Food Tin it should automatically be in the recipes.

99-100 is about 1mil exp.

First limited hunt is up as well.
So, how limited is the timed one, and do you need to have a certain hunter rank to do it?

I'm at the end of chapter 3 but I was a video on ap farming and the person had a technique where they were chaining warp strikes if it was one shotting the enemy, I can't seem to find where that is in Ascension screen. Were they just farther in the game and got something I just don't have access too yet?
Shield of the Just gives your warp strikes AoE.

Don't patch the game and you can keep doing the festival I guess.

I'm riding in the car while Ignis drives and for some reason I'm listening to the FFXIV soundtrack. The first 4 Primals were so great and memorable with great and memorable music.

So I guess guest characters have tech skills you can activate too. I didn't notice this with whats-his-face who goes with you to the first tomb early on, but randomly while on the way to Cape Caem with Iris, I got in a fight and noticed she has a tech skill called Eclipse.

The game tells you to call a chocobo when you're with Iris too. This is presumably because someone put in the effort to make a pink chocobo for her and they really wanted the player to see it.

Iris is absolutely the best girl but a lot of effort was put in for a guest character who's with your character for less than half an hour. I'm not complaining or anything, but there's so many other things they could have put more effort in for this game first.

Cappa

Banned
besides the egg and a couple of recipes is there anything else worth doing the chocobo festival? I dont think ive even bothered to try it.. I assume if I dont update I can still do it.

besides the egg and a couple of recipes is there anything else worth doing the chocobo festival? I dont think ive even bothered to try it.. I assume if I dont update I can still do it.

Not really no. You should be fine to leave if you have all of those items.
My game is updating today. Any idea what it is?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

You can hug chocobos.

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccck youuuuuu SE

fuck

DO INSTALL UPDATE if your not level 99 i was level 96 with 2.5 million exp 😭😭😭😭😭😭 and now i only have 250k

😑😑😑 20 hours of exp farming for fucking nothing...

😞

NastyBook

fuck

DO INSTALL UPDATE if your not level 99 i was level 96 with 2.5 million exp 😭😭😭😭😭😭 and now i only have 250k

😞
Wow, that sucks, dude. Squeenix screwed the pooch with that little oversight.

Voror

Wow, that sucks, dude. Squeenix screwed the pooch with that little oversight.

I'd already reached 99 but was stocking up exp for this update. Had about 500,000 saved up so far. Now I have zero. Looks like getting to 120 will cost hilarious amounts too since to get to level 100 requires a little over a million exp.

h3ro

I'd already reached 99 but was stocking up exp for this update. Had about 500,000 saved up so far. Now I have zero. Looks like getting to 120 will cost hilarious amounts too since to get to level 100 requires a little over a million exp.

To be fair, they had been pretty clear that current Exp would not carry over towards the new level cap.

Toth

fuck

😞

Is that exp enough to get you to level 99?

Top Bottom