• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Game tease

Bluth54

Nintendo re-registered their Super Mario All Stars trademark in Japan a few months ago, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get a DS port with new voice work.

DefectiveReject said:
Due to the Success of Mario Kart Wii, i'm actually expecting them to throw out another one to boost Wii sales April time.
Why would Mario Kart Wii 2 convince people who don't own a Wii to buy one if Mario Kart 1 didn't convince them to buy one?

Mario Kart Wii still sells so well it would be pretty stupid of Nintendo to release a new one since the current one still makes the NPD top 10 pretty much every month.

Zzoram

Mario Party 9 with widescreen support, the ability to skip the gibberish they speak before/between turns, and online play and I'll buy it day 1.

Luigi's Mansion 2 would make me a happy bucket.

But wow this really constitutes a "tease"? I was expecting at least a drawing or something.

/stealth trolling

Hiltz

I hope it isn't something lame like another March of the Minis title.

It seems like Nintendo has revealed the last of its remaining 2009 game line up. In 2010, Nintendo's already got titles such as Sin & Punishment 2, Metroid: Other M and Mario Galaxy 2 scheduled. It seems rare for Nintendo to have more than three AAA titles in one year for a single platform. Of course, there's still Zelda and Pikmin 3 confirmed in development and both Project Sora and Retro Studios have yet to reveal their projects. I doubt we'll see anything new from Monolith Soft, Next Level Games and Monster Games next year.

As for other first and second-party developers, Hudson is working on a couple of licensed titles as well as Tower of Shadow. Brownie Brown is working on Livly Garden.

d+pad

Hiltz said:
It seems like Nintendo has revealed the last of its remaining 2009 game line up. In 2010, Nintendo's already got titles such as Sin & Punishment 2, Metroid: Other M and Mario Galaxy 2 scheduled. It seems rare for Nintendo to have more than three AAA titles in one year for a single platform.

Sin & Punishment 2 may be a great game, but it certainly isn't a "AAA title." I don't think Metroid: Other M could be considered AAA either, especially in Japan.

Jaruru

crazy fun..........................hmmm...............
and he's allowed to leak this info? :O
you know how strict is Ninty's non disclosure policy

Xeke

Banned
d+pad said:
Sin & Punishment 2 may be a great game, but it certainly isn't a "AAA title." I don't think Metroid: Other M could be considered AAA either, especially in Japan.

What have you seen of Other M to make that conclusion?

hatchx

Banned
d+pad said:

Metroid : Other M is going to take it to a new level with Motion plus. Swing in any direction to punch/kick in that direction with on-screen reticule for shooting.

What is a AAA game, anyway? Honestly, I think that, if a single, small developer who only makes one or two games at a time, and they put a lot of time and effort into it, then it is a AAA game. Sin and Punishment 2 and Muramasa, both games that sold/will sell at full price, I'd consider AAA.

Bluth54 said:
Nintendo re-registered their Super Mario All Stars trademark in Japan a few months ago, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get a DS port with new voice work.

I doubt that it'd be a port, because the GBA Super Mario Advance games were pretty much that. If anything, they'd probably redo the games, DS style, with new music, graphics, and stuff.

Bluth54

sjt333 said:
Come oooon Luigi's Mansion 2
Along with New Play Control Luigi's Mansion as a preorder bonus. :D

Einbroch said:
Super Smash Bros Tournament.

Believe.
Nintendo really needs to Sakuari to make a DS Smash Brothers game.

Why would you do that? said:
I doubt that it'd be a port, because the GBA Super Mario Advance games were pretty much that. If anything, they'd probably redo the games, DS style, with new music, graphics, and stuff.
Yeah I could see them using the New Super Mario Brothers engine if they were to make a Super Mario All Stars DS remake.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
d+pad said:
Sin & Punishment 2 may be a great game, but it certainly isn't a "AAA title."

While it certainly doesn't have the budget or the marketing push of typical AAA titles, it probably is polished as hell.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
It's Super Mario's Martial Crisis, the mature game created in response to Heavy Rain.

wRATH2x

Banned
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment, I want Paper Mario 3 just as much as you guys. But it will turn out to be a side game that not many care about.

Super Mario HD, for the Wii HD!

developed by Naughty Dog

More seriously, I hope he's not doing voices for a Mario RPG, it would be unbearable :lol

Hiltz said:
- Mama Mia!!!! I'm going to Seattle this week to record a new Mario game! Woo Hooo!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!1

- Big day tomorrow! Seattle for a new Mario game! Yippee!!! And just as a joke, it's going to rain....in San Francisco tomorrow!

- Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!

Am I the only one who finds it really annoying that he does the Mario sounds when normally speaking?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Megadrive said:
Am I the only one who finds it really annoying that he does the Mario sounds when normally speaking?

you've gotta remember that this guy may technically be a "professional voice actor," but he's actually just someone's grandpa who used to do a mario voice while playing the game with his grandkids and thought nintendo might like it enough to use it. he's just some old dude who's proud of being the voice of mario, i'd imagine, and doesn't maintain the pretense of professionalism.

deleted

TreIII said:
What about that "Super Mario Museum" we heard about around E3 Time?

Even if it's just a collection of older titles, maybe they'd want to have his voice for something relating to that.

Hopefully not! The voiceovers killed SMB3Advance for me! Seriously, just leave the games as they were and don´t add floaty Luigi controls and annoying vo.

On the other hand I can already see "New Play Control Season 2" including Mario Sunshine and Zelda.

Linkified

Amir0x said:
How can you get more epic than FLYING OVER A SUN and around blackholes in the middle of the GALAXY!?

Super Mario Galaxy = Epic Mario

Using Bowser Jr's paint brush to draw meteorites colliding with a black hole. :lol

ZAK

Amir0x said:
How can you get more epic than FLYING OVER A SUN and around blackholes in the middle of the GALAXY!?
FLYING OVER A SUN and around blackholes in the middle of the GALAXY... with YOSHI!!!

Sadist

Amir0x said:

Super Mario Galaxy = Epic Mario
I was only joking :(

I only have love for Mario Galaxy.

d+pad said:

I think even the Japanese will buy Other M, because they made Samus look anime-ish a bit...:X

upandaway

Man, so this is real and all? It's weird how open he is about a new game. People are ready to rip their hearts out and eat it and then scream like school girls at the mention of a new Mario.

I don't really think it's a spinoff. It seems Nintendo kind of let off with Mario spinoffs lately. All Stars could be it.

Also it's definitely the thing IGN was talking about. Leads me to believe it's an RPG Mario.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
LUIGI'S MANSION really is such a fun little game. it got sort of destroyed by the fact that it seemed to stand in at gcn launch for a mario platformer, but taken out of that context, it's still a really creative ghostbustin' game.

i actually like it better still than the legitimate GHOSTBUSTERS game :lol

Peff

Are IntySystems making any new games that we know of? As far as I remember their latest project is the newest Wario Ware which has already been released. It's high time for another Fire Emblem in console (<3Radiant Dawn<3) and yeah, possibly another Paper Mario (though these don't exactly have much voice acting, unlike the M&L series)

Top Bottom