• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorillaz-Humanz |OT| After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkid

Momentz is such a wholesome song :3

Nonconformist oath was funny, wish the transition into Submission was smoother but this is a first listen so it might smooth out later. Weird guitar? part before Danny's verse should have been louder in the mix but song is fire in any case.

Charger giving earlier-Gorillaz vibes.

DarkKyo

This says more about you than it does Gorillaz

I disagree, I always enjoy listening to Gorillaz albums in the song order they come in as well. There's something about them where the album unfolds in a pleasing way with the intended progression of their songs.

Yeah that's nonesense. He's on more tracks than not.

It's perfectly reasonable to want more of his singing, and there are some tracks that would have benefited from more of his presence, but it's just factually not true that he's not on these songs lol.
I brought this point up a few days ago regarding who produced this album.

Damon is all over this album and that's why I believe he is the producer, in spirit, of this album

Just like Russel was of self titled
Noodle of Demon Dayz
Murdoc of Plastic Beach
And 2-D of The Fall

I honestly forget that this is a Gorillaz album while listening to it sometimes

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yea Momentz is gunna be a lot of dumb fun live. Legit DUMB FUN.

Almost makes me want to save up for floor tickets for the Seattle show and pay the flipper charge and flip my seated seats.

I'm listening to it on Spotify as my copy won't be here until tomorrow and I'm still up. Plus it's the Deluxe version! My family choose a good time to get on that family plan.

So far I'm really enjoying this album. Busted and Blue is probably my stand out favourite so far.

Moonkid

Busted and Blue brehs...
S6iHjA9.gif

Moonkid

First listen is a wrap, like probably half the first songs immediately. We Got the Power is wonderful. Now moving onto the 'coda'...

Oh yeah, I can post my top 5 now since it's the OT

1. Submission
2. Andromeda
3. Let Me Out
4. Busted and Blue
5. She's My Collar

That's just the regular album because I haven't listened to the deluxe stuff as much. I can see something knocking off She's My Collar easy. Almost put the Apprentice up there.

wenis

Benjamin Clementines voice is sublime. Per usual. Dude deserves to be bigger than he is.

Soul Beat

Welp, Amazon cancelled my order so now I've got nothing. I'm so sad...

On my birthday no less! Ugh!

Any place I can at least get a regular vinyl?

hughesta

Banned
glad I switched to the Gorillaz store instead of Amazon. Glad to see people enjoying the album, it's really great and probably their most cohesive work both in sound and thematically.

Not feeling this album at all.

Plastic Beach is a masterpiece in comparison.

Plastic Beach is a masterpiece in it's own right. I'm sure Humanz will grow on most people who are, not unsurprisingly, taken-aback by all the collaborators.

Also OP; in the OT section describing 'Phase One: Celebrity Take Down' 'Tomorrow Comes Today' is missing the noted 'o'.

Plastic Beach is a masterpiece in it's own right. I'm sure Humanz will grow on most people who are, not unsurprisingly, taken-aback by all the collaborators.

Also OP; in the OT section describing 'Phase One: Celebrity Take Down' 'Tomorrow Comes Today' is missing the noted 'o'.
Whoops, this is what happens when you don't proof read your work.

Vectorman

Banned
For those who are losing their Amazon deluxe vinyl orders, call your local record stores! Seems like most of them are getting their stuff. Support Gorillaz and your local businesses! Win win.

Appleman

I disagree, I always enjoy listening to Gorillaz albums in the song order they come in as well. There's something about them where the album unfolds in a pleasing way with the intended progression of their songs.

I think he was implying that listening to artists on shuffle in general is bad form

robotrock

Banned

They put a lot of care into their tracklisting for sure. I think a lot of artists do this as well though, so I'm pretty anti shuffle when it comes to listening to an album.

hughesta

Banned
yeah I don't listen to any album on shuffle. The artist intends for their work to be heard in a particular way, and it's just bad form to throw their intentions to the side.

wenis

Found some images of the Deluxe Edition.

ecG7XaG.jpg

wmMGpPV.jpg

drvTekz.jpg

Really excited to get this thing tomorrow.

I love Plastic Beach, actually. The only song I don't like on that album is Sweepstakes.

Yeah, I dunno. I like me some rap. People have already discussed how much or how little Albarn features in this album, but it does feel like his voice gets lost a little.
Sweepstakes is the best track on Plastic Beach tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom