• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

i0v4O.png

The two rules:

If you stop using an avatar please either PM or post that you are doing so. This way it may be easily added back into rotation for those who would care to have it.

Please either PM or post that you are taking an avatar, if you are currently using an avatar and exchanging for another please post something along the lines of:
Taking
YoB86.gif
in exchange for
NTBPn.gif
which is located in line 1X.

Due to the ludicrous amount of avatars I'd have to sift through and continuously cross check, posting which avatars you are swapping, along with the line it's located in will allow me to quickly and easily edit any avatars in and out of rotation. After line 9 the numbers repeat again from 1-9. Crazy I know but it cuts some space. Please just post whether it's in the first or second set.

Thanks in advance <3

Not only that but this post has seemingly broken my IMGUR account so that I can no longer view the urls of a large number of avatars from within the account. Apparently they have a 225 image limit per account and after that they become invisible. Or something haha.

If you would like any of the following avatars edited in any way please let me know I'll be glad to help out!

That being said, this is batch #4, fresh from the oven! I'm sure there are plenty of stinkers in here, but there's probably a few gems to go along with them. I apologize in advance for the size of this post, but I'm not really sure there is a logical way to make it smaller considering the plethora of pony content contained herein.

I present to you Foxix and Friends' great big wall of Equestria.

Adelor Lyon!
aCyIL.png
tKOLr.png
8K3XW.png
ipk1d.png
b5s46.png
ujoMJ.png
sMOcT.png

ahoyhoy!
Z6Hmo.png

Captain Fish!
optBl.png
NpU6z.png
7F6Nd.png
4VYfA.png

Firehead!
imQ604.png
imMhDY.png
imMf5Q.png
imLZh2.png
ik5wJE.png
imLWZu.png
ikAgP0.png
ikWgVo.png
ikWjh2.png

Mechanical Snowman!
15ojzfp.jpg
1zx0806.jpg
i2r8z4.jpg
19y03n.jpg
16bbokl.jpg

mmeyp1.jpg
sbu8gn.jpg
2gtrl9z.jpg
dvpqg2.jpg

iepm5x.jpg
33wkuj4.jpg
6t1nuo.jpg
2zxxaqc.jpg
28qpzf6.jpg

5pn0v7.jpg
2r6fvxd.jpg
2588jcw.jpg
2r5wwzr.jpg
4ugqc5.jpg

Nishastra!
cO24p.png
OUa08.png
gmAYF.png
Rx5b4.png
qHIUW.png
ckSD6.png
NvUvL.png
wRuQk.png
jf2pl.png

WXNQ6.png
SuEJ9.png
CiiUH.png
SU9h0.png
5NE8b.png
i0fEp.png
pLoVS.png
HjIRW.png
HjKG6.png

YnrUC.png
UPzFY.png
rls0N.png
vSUCH.png
E4J3n.png
cL250.png
dKb1j.png
4uiJz.png
5wNUy.png

fK9DP.png
kJNIV.png
kcLMH.png
Jlfkt.png
J8AYO.png
dRERC.png
F8C19.png
vkYh8.png
jjmMN.png

WBNR3.png
YGs6t.png
t3Yrk.png
ULyCI.png
HGYcX.png
6eS9v.png
GMAua.png
EMOyH.png
BNwnp.png

0h6zi.png
M4mC0.png
rFNVP.png
HWlF7.png
m2pd0.png
k1nMF.png
CwNh4.png
nxkkk.png
7TqAt.png

Wlev5.png
W6YR1.png
i55Ji.png
NdbSU.png
p2qRU.png
531Md.png
QqVb0.png
M8jHi.png
rwScn.png

OTZFE.png
x5GHi.png
DBO14.png
iRjLM.png
Gia4j.png
BGlxy.png
a9rEg.png
yrCR1.png
wGV8z.png

pAclI.png
gXtmt.png
xBUae.png
Yyky3.png
eQspJ.png
UUh9T.png
YjnKS.png

OMG Aero!
d5l5n.jpg
CUDCw.jpg
1UMHm.jpg
UFkU6.jpg
nOr0d.jpg
Sqt5y.jpg

Pandaman!
aNSOS.png
hdSms.png
Th2PY.png

And also from Dr. Pangloss!:

YEmGB.jpg
5aBEt.jpg
ciR2J.jpg
L7h4d.jpg
QNNeO.jpg
CpZHC.jpg
QKo3k.jpg
2KU4d.jpg

Ramma2!
AJ_Small_Close.png
AJ_Small_Full.png
Fluttershy_Small_Close.png
Fluttershy_Small_Full.png
Pinky_Small_Close.png
Pinky_Small_Full.png

RB_Small_Full.PNG
Rarity_Small_Close.png
Rarity_Small_Full.png
Twilight_Small_Close.png
Twilight_Small_Full.png

Ultimoo!
qHIUW2.png
qHIUW3.png

Hno6o.jpg
UCid1.png
4XPrX.png
pJ9Ci.png
vty6r.png
mRqgY.jpg
hTndi.png

unGTe.jpg
DrMU9.png
l4Zfy.jpg
Gyipa.jpg
Miz5x.jpg
LQIoK.jpg
FRgdy.png
6p6d4.png
y60NJ.png

xUCuT.png
QqbWs.png
ZaNLR.jpg
A3fcv.jpg
wseHH.png
Df44s.png
OZuiz.png
lsBdu.png
ZuFIM.jpg

4NfwV.png
KSZo8.png
5hOQH.png
h4jLT.png
wyjlN.png
CQVVQ.png
FWi6N.png
mMtsI.png
clibh.png

EaM0L.jpg
9OPPs.jpg
Ftkqj.jpg
BMgTt.png
cgQYT.png
YslOT.png
7knbq.png
G1AEt.png
vh1Gr.png

kWdLK.png
txXUK.jpg
kVYzC.jpg

Holy Pony Batman, that took forever.

ALSO! In memory of all the animated avatars I made here is an archive: http://foxix.imgur.com/pony_avatars
Post is up to date as of uhh... whatever time is down there v

So i tried to watch one episode and...are you guys for fucking real? This stuff is fucking embarrassing. Shit, i'm alone in my room right now and constantly checking the back of me to see if anyone is watching me watch this ridiculous shit.

IsayFever

salva said:
So i tried to watch one episode and...are you guys for fucking real? This stuff is fucking embarrassing. Shit, i'm alone in my room right now and constantly checking the back of me to see if anyone is watching me watch this ridiculous shit.

Embrace your inner pony!

Jintor

salva said:

Yeah, we're for real. Yeah, it's kinda embarrassing. No, you don't need to keep watching if you don't want to.

Though i strongly suspect that YOU HAVE NO SOUL

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
salva said:

You do need to have a taste for cuteness
and friendship
to appreciate it, so, it's definitely not for everyone. We commend you for trying, though.

Whogie

There. Caught up with all the episodes.

WJwfB.png

salva said:
Shit, i'm alone in my room right now and constantly checking the back of me to see if anyone is watching me watch this ridiculous shit.
Yeah, that's gonna kill any chance of enjoyment you may have had.

salva said:
*cosign*

couldn't make it past about 15 minutes of the first EP. Gave it a legit shot because of the GAF love-in.

smfh

IsayFever said:
Embrace your inner pony!

Jintor said:
Yeah, we're for real. Yeah, it's kinda embarrassing. No, you don't need to keep watching if you don't want to.

Though i strongly suspect that YOU HAVE NO SOUL

Myke Greywolf said:
You do need to have a taste for cuteness
and friendship
to appreciate it, so, it's definitely not for everyone. We commend you for trying, though.

dfra2.gif

Jintor

Up until now, I never realised how hard ponies are to draw, let alone to animate. Goddamnit ponies why don't you have a skeletal structure I vaguely understand?

KtSlime

Jintor said:
Up until now, I never realised how hard ponies are to draw, let alone to animate. Goddamnit ponies why don't you have a skeletal structure I vaguely understand?

Yeah, they are hard. It took me a couple of goes on David Pony. Circles is key, ponies are made of 3 circles, one large for the head, two for the body. Horse legs are weird cause they have a very different structure compared to most mammals. Who are you drawing? Or is it an OC pony?

KtSlime

Jintor said:
DJ Pon-3 - I've been listening to a shitload of ponybeat on repeat

Cool, I looked around but can't find can't draw pony image macro for FiM. I'd check knowyourmeme if you are interested but be careful there are a lot of ponies there. It's way past my bedtime, but if you haven't found it when I check back, I'll look some more.

shuri

Banned
salva said:
I swear this is a giant viral marketing thing this thread... I've seen the same shit on a bunch of big forums too.

edit: my girlfriend's 9 years old daughter is deep into those cutesy cartoons and toys. I actually asked her if this show was popular with kids at school and she gave me this giant rolleye about how lame it was.

G-Fex

polyh3dron said:
*cosign*

couldn't make it past about 15 minutes of the first EP. Gave it a legit shot because of the GAF love-in.

smfh

Well that's ok dude more ponies for us

SQUEEE! MORE NEW avvys. Can't wait to get home to see them

Tinabina

shuri said:
I swear this is a giant viral marketing thing this thread... I've seen the same shit on a bunch of big forums too.

edit: my girlfriend's 9 years old daughter is deep into those cutesy cartoons and toys. I actually asked her if this show was popular with kids at school and she gave me this giant rolleye about how lame it was.
lol I came to post the same thing. troll thread!

I mean its gotta be

i noticed some of your guys avatars and i thought it would be an adult themed show on adult swim or whatever with cute pony's. curious about it i started watching an episode. yeahhhh, glad you guys are enjoying it though, but not my thing ;P

G-Fex

Roude Leiw said:
i noticed some of your guys avatars and i thought it would be an adult themed show on adult swim or whatever with cute pony's. curious about it i started watching an episode. yeahhhh, glad you guys are enjoying it though, but not my thing ;P

Nope not adult themed, Pony themed!!!

FoxSpirit

shuri said:

Just shows what the damage the industry has already done. Seriously, the drivel shown on TV for girls is so bad and vapid that any women with even a slight feminist interest should be upset.
But girls, like all children are pretty empty vessels and if you let their brains be filled with trash, they'll think it's good.
There is no malice in this show, no bashing, no dark humour. No "cheerleaders are the best". No shitty "queens of the highschool" stuff.

So basically speaking, it does nothing of those absolutely horrible Amrican shows. And girls don't like that.

Think about it.

Furret

Banned
I assume this has already been in the thread somewhere before but if this isn't the best thing ever I don't know what it is:

PonyCraft II

You can turn the universe off now, it's not going to getting any better. (And I don't even really like StarCraft II).

Jenga

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
Just shows what the damage the industry has already done. Seriously, the drivel shown on TV for girls is so bad and vapid that any women with even a slight feminist interest should be upset.
But girls, like all children are pretty empty vessels and if you let their brains be filled with trash, they'll think it's good.
There is no malice in this show, no bashing, no dark humour. No "cheerleaders are the best". No shitty "queens of the highschool" stuff.

So basically speaking, it does nothing of those absolutely horrible Amrican shows. And girls don't like that.

Think about it.
I think what's great is that the target audience don't give a shit about MLP and find it lame while it's middle-aged men who have to try to justify watching a children's show on a deep philosophical level in order to justify it to themselves and everyone else

but of course, you watch my little pony

so the joke will always be on you

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
shuri said:

when have children ever had taste?

i knew kids who thought the land before time musicals were the best ones!

FoxSpirit

Jenga said:
I think what's great is that the target audience don't give a shit about MLP and find it lame while it's middle-aged men who have to try to justify watching a children's show on a deep philosophical level in order to justify it to themselves and everyone else

but of course, you watch my little pony

so the joke will always be on you

That's DEEP philosophy to you?? That's just something plain and simple.
See Italy? See why moms are protesting Berlusconi's shows? That's not deep, that's plain obvious.

Btw, what riles you so much? I've seen your post history, you don't seem all fire and flames.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like the recent episode much more, if only because it doesn't have the annoying CMC. Oh and rarity being a "lady" but with substance.

TheExodu5

Banned
salva said:

I watched an episode yesterday. While it doesn't really hold my interest, I can't deny that this is a legitimately good kids show. Refreshing to see, nowadays. The animation is also pretty amazing.

Pandaman said:
when have children ever had taste?

i knew kids who thought the land before time musicals were the best ones!

Man, I really need to find the original Land Before Time on DVD. Such a good movie.

shuri said:

Shame. When I was 9 years old, I loved shows like Carebears and Magic School Bus. It seems that now, kids can only enjoy teen dramas with poor acting and douchebag appeal.

I tried to watch the first episode but it wasn't for me, which is sad because I kinda liked the idea of liking it :(

Shit, I scrambled for that fucking volume like a madman when that theme song kicked in, though.
However, I can't help but think that a lot of the haters would be all over it if it was called My Kawaii Ponyru! or something and had subtitles. Cute + feminine + Eastern = OK, if it's a Western cartoon, then that shit's for girls...

shuri

Banned
I wonder how horrified the creators of the show must be.. Read the checklist of values they wanted to introduce in the show; all good stuff for kids.. But the fanbase turns out to be middle-aged men who are obsessed by the show for the wrong reasons and who keep repeating catch phrases to each other over and over again.

shuri said:
I wonder how horrified the creators of the show must be.. Read the checklist of values they wanted to introduce in the show; all good stuff for kids.. But the fanbase turns out to be middle-aged men who are obsessed by the show for the wrong reasons and who keep repeating catch phrases to each other over and over again.

What wrong reasons? It's not like they wanna fuck the ponies or anything... do they?

Narag

shuri said:

Thought I read that Lauren Faust has a good rapport with the community.

FoxSpirit

shuri said:

That is YOUR perception. You make up the reasons why we like it in your mind, seemingly while ignoring everything that has been posted.

Unless, "charming, heartfelt, solid plot, nice characters, awesome animation and great voice actors" are wrong reasons to like a show.

TheExodu5

Banned
The animation and attention to detail (every pony step) is pretty astounding.

Anyways, that's it for me. Like I said...it doesn't exactly hold my attention, but I'm very surprised at how good it is.

Continue on pony-gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom