• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

Shizza

Anyone else having issues getting the platinum coins for "Sign into Nintendo eShop (weekly)"? I've gotten the bonus coins for most other stuff, and I've signed into the eShop today (and made a purchase as well), but the missions is still showing as "active" instead of "get coins" (or completed).

Frimaire

I just received an email with a redeemable code for points. I'm thinking it will just be for promotional stuff like that.

Here's hoping though. :(

Yeah, I just realized I got that email, too.
It seems like it would be pretty easy to give rewards for physical games considering you can already redeem codes for other things.
Unless Nintendo's gonna be pushing all digital really hard.
I guess I can dream...

Anyone else having issues getting the platinum coins for "Sign into Nintendo eShop (weekly)"? I've gotten the bonus coins for most other stuff, and I've signed into the eShop today (and made a purchase as well), but the missions is still showing as "active" instead of "get coins" (or completed).

Having something similar with linking other accounts like Twitter, I've linked everything already but not getting the completion.

Griss

Has anyone calculated the relative value of the rewards?

From a brief glance it seemed like 100 plat coins were worth about a dollar, which was far more generous than I was expecting.

Points will automatically be used in the order in which in which you received them and will expire after 6 months if not used. If you or we terminate your Nintendo Account, if your Nintendo Account or linked Nintendo Network ID is banned, or if all or a portion of the Rewards Program is terminated or discontinued for any reason, your earned Points will become invalid and unusable.

Points are not your personal property. Points are promotional and have no cash or monetary value, are nonrefundable, and cannot be redeemed for cash or its equivalent. Any unused or expired Points will not be returned to you unless required by law. You may not combine your Points with any other Nintendo Account, or transfer or sell your Points to anyone for any reason. Any attempt to combine or transfer Points will result in the forfeiture of all earned Points.  Anyone found to have created multiple Nintendo Accounts in order to increase their chances of earning Points will be disqualified from the Rewards Program.
Well then.

It's unclear if purchases less than 5 pounds/dollars/Euros/etc. are meant to get coins. The site says no, some people are reporting that they're getting them though. So I want to try to get some myself before they potentially turn that glitch off, if it is one.

I believe I read that you get points based on the regular cost of a game. So if you buy a game that's on sale for less than $5, that normally costs between $5-$10. you will still get points for it.

I don't think games that normally cost less than $5 get you points. I think that's an oversight because you are still spending money on the eShop, so I think it should be worth some points.

TheJoRu

From the February 3 Financial Results Briefing, concerning My Nintendo now and in the future:

47l.jpg

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160203/05.html

I don't know what "Perks at Retail Stores, etc." is supposed to mean exactly, but they are planning on offering some incentives for buying physical games at retail, for you who are wondering about that.

Thraktor

I've got to say I've had a pretty good initial experience with My Nintendo, and its integration with Nintendo Accounts and NNIDs. This afternoon I did the following:

• Signed up for My Nintendo (fairly trivial)
  • Get a few hundred platinum coins for basic setup
  • Notice that there's a 20% off coupon for Zelda:ALBW, which I was going to buy soon anyway, and that I already have enough platinum coins for it
  • Spend my coins on the coupon, then go over to the Zelda:ALBW page on the Nintendo website (which already has the price marked down to €15.99 for me)
  • Pay for the game on the website (combining a card payment with money I already had on my Nintendo Account)
  • Check my 3DS to see that ALBW has already started downloading
It's not anything out of this world (I've used an online store to buy PS4/Vita games before), but it all works quite smoothly, and I did the entire thing on a phone without issue. The integration of eShop purchases into the Nintendo website has its positives and negatives. I'm not a particularly big fan of Sony's online store, but it does highlight things like games that are on sale, etc. and obviously shows the prices while you're browsing through games, rather than having to click into each of them individually. On the Nintendo site, unless it's a new game, you pretty much have to search for it, and there doesn't seem to be any way of seeing what games are on sale. Hopefully they'll fix these, though, and start to include prices while browsing to make the experience that bit smoother.

The second issue is that 3DS downloads are cripplingly slow, but I've just come to accept that as a fact of life now. At least Wii U downloads tick by at a reasonable enough speed.

I've just realized that being in Europe and spending 300 platinum coins of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds discount allows you to buy ALBW for around 15 euro. That's freaking awesome.

What was the first?

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, a former platinum reward for Japanese Club Nintendo.

Platy

It's not, but you can very quickly (within a week or two easily, or much sooner) get enough Platinum/Miitomo points for it.

IF your country has Miitomo ... otherwise it is a 4 month battle =P

A little less if you see the Club Nintendo email with bonus platinum points ... but yeah

georly

From the February 3 Financial Results Briefing, concerning My Nintendo now and in the future:

47l.jpg

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160203/05.html

I don't know what "Perks at Retail Stores, etc." is supposed to mean exactly, but they are planning on offering some incentives for buying physical games at retail, for you who are wondering about that.

Hmmm, will probably be partnership with their big 3, Gamestop, Amazon, bestbuy (and possibly target/wal-mart as well). Basically games themselves won't have codes, but you might get an email or it'll be printed on your receipt. Ideally a QR code you can scan on your phone or console.

deleted

I like the design, I like the rewards so far.
It looks very Nintendo but also quite modern and usable - if they follow this design philosophy they might make a good OS for the first time.

Rewards are great, I'm thinking of getting Yoshi with that 20% off coupon.

Edit: There also is a menu point for typing in a code. I guess they will add coupons to the physical games again.

RiggyRob

I've just bought Star Fox and Fire Emblem on the Wii U VC and my god, it was so easy! I almost can't believe I don't have to use the Wii U or 3DS to buy games anymore.

I really hope the games carry over and are playable on the NX, that would be the cherry on top.

Thraktor

I've just realized that being in Europe and spending 300 platinum coins of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds discount allows you to buy ALBW for around 15 euro. That's freaking awesome.

It is, and you get those coins pretty much straight away after signing up.

Did you get any gold coins for that?

Yep, 20. I'm not 100% sure if the number of gold coins you get is based on the full price or the discounted price, though, as I'd get 20 gold coins either way.

TheMoon

ramparter

Banned
Yep, 20. I'm not 100% sure if the number of gold coins you get is based on the full price or the discounted price, though, as I'd get 20 gold coins either way.
It wouldnt surprise me if it was based on the actual price. Either way that's really nice.

tim.mbp

Anyone else get an email for bonus Platinum Points for being a Club Nintendo member? Email also linked to a new (I think) store page.

http://www.nintendo.com/games

Looks like eShop balance is correctly applied now when buying via the web. Went to the checkout page for Pokemon Yellow and it had my credit balance and showed what it would be after purchase.

jblank83

Redeeming FlipNoteStudio 3d on my PC and having it remote download to my 3DS was pretty nice.

I noticed there's a nice purchase list history on the site as well.

Zalman

IGN interviewed Bill Trinen. Interesting quote about My Nintendo and physical rewards:

"Initially, the focus is going to be on digital,” Trinen says, “but we do have a lot of ideas for what roll out down the road for packaged goods or real world interactions. I think we’ll continue to look at My Nintendo and how we can grow that as a rewards program, so that it really is trying to encompass all the different touch points of how people come into contact with Nintendo products."
The bolded has me hopeful they'll reward players for buying physical games in the future, but we'll see.

LoveCake

Just trying out the app now, it's a whopping 553mbs in size & I have to say on my Moto 4G LTE that the app loads very slow :/

Canon

Banned
So I won't get gold coins for any game purchase under $7? Cuz it only says in "my missions" that I'll get them if I spend more than that...

Don't know if it was mentioned before but I just got 60 Gold coins for buying Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS. But it said I finished the mission and bought a game between 40 and 50 euros but the game is lowered in the price and cost only 30 instead its normal 45. So even when you buy a special offer you will receive the coins like you would have bought it at full price. Hope this isn't just a glitch.

You can probably get points for Sega 3D Classics because the regular price is between $5 and $10, even though the sale price is under $5.
Well some people are gonna make a fortune of Gold Coins on those Atlus sales. :D

Anywayz: I have nothing to run Miitomo, really wish they also made 3DS/WiiU version. Oh well. I guess 60 coins a week for logging in to eShop/Miiverse will have to do.

Richie

IGN interviewed Bill Trinen. Interesting quote about My Nintendo and physical rewards:

The bolded has me hopeful they'll reward players for buying physical games in the future, but we'll see.

This says to me not only physical games, but as speculated by ballad, amiibo, Nintendo merchandise...and more, like attending their theme park at Universal Studios once it opens, stuff like that.

Regiruler

Anyone else get an email for bonus Platinum Points for being a Club Nintendo member? Email also linked to a new (I think) store page.

http://www.nintendo.com/games

Looks like eShop balance is correctly applied now when buying via the web. Went to the checkout page for Pokemon Yellow and it had my credit balance and showed what it would be after purchase.

They actually remember that W101 exists.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
There is an option for point codes, so maybe in the future games will ship with them.

I think so, yes. In this very moment seem more bande to retail eshop cards but Nintendo could give us back codes sheets in retail boxes in any moment

jwillenn

It would be nice for Nintendo to reward those of us who weren't enrolled in the DDP for our past transactions. I mean, why not?

Griss

I was wondering what kind of value you get per coin when you redeem prizes, so here's an example for the US store.

Code:
Prizes (USA)---------------------Coins-------------Value-------Coins needed for $1 value
15% off Zelda WW             750 platinum          $7.50                 100
15% off Yoshi's WW           750 platinum          $7.50                 100
15% off Zelda LBW            600 platinum          $6.00                 100
15% off AC: New Leaf         450 platinum          $4.50                 100
15% off Mario 3D Land        450 platinum          $4.50                 100
WarioWare Touched (3DS VC)   1000 platinum         $10.00                100

30% off Splatoon             140 gold              $18.00                7.8
30% off Capitan Todd         100 gold              $12.00                8.3
30% off Zelda MM 3D          100 gold              $12.00                8.3
30% off Ultimate NES Remix   70 gold               $9.00                 7.8
30% off Punch-Out Wii        50 gold               $6.00                 8.3

Luigi U DLC                  170 gold              $20.00                8.5
Pikmin DLC Pack 2            20 gold               $2.00                 10
Mario 64 (WiiU VC)           90 gold               $10.00                9
DKCR (Wii VC)                230 gold              $20.00                11.5
Metroid Fusion (WiiU VC)     60 gold               $8.00                 7.5
Super PunchOut (WiiU VC)     70 gold               $8.00                 8.75
Mario Land 2 (3DS VC)        35 gold               $4.00                 8.75

Not sure about the Mario Land 2 price. But as you can see, the rewards are pretty much standardised value so you can't go wrong picking what you want. DKCR has the worst value for money. I can't access Miitomo so couldn't put a value on that stuff.

Can confirm Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl gives you 30 coins despite it being on sale for $13.99 CDN (it's normally $29.99 CDN).

Edit: Wait, maybe not. Is there an option to see how you got gold points specifically?

Edit 2: Found it, it's in the tiny icon on the top left of the My Nintendo page. And yep, I can confirm what I said above! :)

Dicer

Banned
Jailbroken, yes. Up to date as an iPhone 4 can be, 7.1.2.

There is the problem the app does a root/jailbreak check, I've posted the fixes for Android, I have no idea if there is a fix on the Apple side of things, sorry :/

zroid

Banned
FYI: WarioWare Touched reward expires on July 1st. From now till July 1st you can get 780 Platinum points just from weekly check-ins on Miiverse and the eShop (60 x 13 weeks)

so the 220 more would have to be from daily Miitomo activities

Discounted games give you the FULL price credit for gold coins.

Example: I just bought Yoshi's Story. Normal price is $9.99, but since I'd bought it on Wii already, I only paid $2.00. I still got credit for paying $9.99 though because I have 10 gold coins now! Hurrah!

zroid

Banned
Discounted games give you the FULL price credit for gold coins.

Example: I just bought Yoshi's Story. Normal price is $9.99, but since I'd bought it on Wii already, I only paid $2.00. I still got credit for paying $9.99 though because I have 10 gold coins now! Hurrah!

Oh shit. Time to upgrade Sin & Punishment finally, haha.

Top Bottom