• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

All I want is the spawns to be fixed and the god damn tickrate my god it's insane I kept thinking "I swear I'm not this bad at call of duty" I'm no pro but I'm not terrible then i did some reasearch then I found out about the tickrate and it makes sense

Fix both of these Acti Infinty award Raven whoever and I'll be a happy chap

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...inite-warfare-ps4-bundle-launching-next-week/

I've just noticed, the new PS4 bundle says a Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Blu-ray disc, and a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered download voucher.

So, I imagine they will be selling COD4 remastered by itself in a month or so?

If you buy the legacy edition game - you get a disc with Infinite Warfare on it and a code voucher to download COD4. So the bundle is a PS4 with a copy of the legacy edition in the box. I'm afraid it doesn't mean they are selling COD4 Remastered separately yet.

Anung

Un Rama
Got every trophy apart from Mile High Club on Veteran :X I can get to second floor easy enough but just can't make that finish push in time.

Ame

This fucking glitched new items green arrow is getting on my fucking nerves.

This. The last patch also introduced some new glitches. Kill cams not working and the fact that they added melee and environmental kills in stats tracking, but they always reset when you prestige.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Somehow managed to do mile high last night yet complete blow at the obstacle course and idk why. It is beyond frustrating that I can accomplish something that's supposed to be tough but can't do something fairly basic.
Otherwise I was pretty happy to come back to this game in general

Anung

Un Rama
Congrats!

I'm not doing COD4 again on Veteran but I root for those who want to relive that hell.

I don't know if they messed with the balancing or I'm just way better at games now than I was 9 years ago but aside from a few sections Veteran wasn't too bad. Even the fairground bit which gave me hours of hell last time I blasted through easy enough.

Played a few hours of pvp last night and snipers need a serious nerf. A few maps was just a matter of people camping at the back of a map hardscoping a lane just waiting to bodyshot. It ruins the game. It is dull. Snipers should reward precision. Headshot should be ohk.

Ame

I don't know if they messed with the balancing or I'm just way better at games now than I was 9 years ago but aside from a few sections Veteran wasn't too bad. Even the fairground bit which gave me hours of hell last time I blasted through easy enough.

Yeah, aside from Heat and Mile High Club, it wasn't to bad.

Unfortunately I think I'm done with the game. The bullet lag is just too much. Icing on the cake was right now on Vacant. Dropping at least 5 shots into someone, he kills me, kill cam shows I didn't fire off a single round. Losing 95% of one-on-ones because of this is not fun.

The lag is baaad. I love the game but man it's infurating.

mr_chun

I'm slowly chewing my way through this. The campaign has aged really, really well IMO. Having a ton of fun playing it for the first time in 5+ years.

The multiplayer is great, too. I miss the simple times.

I used to love this game, but the snipers are just too much. Maybe it was always this bad and I just didn't mind it before, but it's so boring now. Quick scoping galore.

I used to love this game, but the snipers are just too much. Maybe it was always this bad and I just didn't mind it before, but it's so boring now. Quick scoping galore.

Nah it wasn't always this bad. People used acog snipers later on after release of cod4, but the quickscoping plague didn't really start until around MW2.

GOOCHY

They changed the spawns in Hardcore TDM to get rid of the spawn counter. As you might imagine it has turned the mode into a complete shit show.

No, you don't need the base game. You need the Legacy Edition. You can't buy MW:R with just the base game.

Isn't there an upgrade program that lets owners of IW get MWR for an extra $30?

EDIT:

https://support.activision.com/arti...-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-Legacy-Edition-Upgrade

"Players who own the retail (game disc) or digital Standard Edition on PlayStation 4 or the digital Standard Edition on Xbox One are eligible to upgrade to the Legacy Edition. The retail Standard Edition on Xbox One and PC versions are not eligible for the Legacy Edition Upgrade."

So that means if you have this on PC or bought vanilla IW disc on X1 you're not eligible. Shame.

But the upgrade program ends on 3\31\17, so perhaps they'll be offering it standalone soon afterwards?

I don't understand how the netcode in MWR and Infinite Warfare be so much worse than every other shooter out there. For years it's been terrible with no type of improvement, makes me wonder if the devs even care.

All I want is the spawns to be fixed and the god damn tickrate my god it's insane I kept thinking "I swear I'm not this bad at call of duty" I'm no pro but I'm not terrible then i did some reasearch then I found out about the tickrate and it makes sense

Fix both of these Acti Infinty award Raven whoever and I'll be a happy chap
Yeah 10 tickrate is abysmal. R6 Siege, Battlefield 1, and Overwatch competitive are 60 tickrate.

It's fucking embarrassing.

GOOCHY

Am I the only person who thinks that the Hardcore TDM timer being removed has completely broken the balance of the game?

Daffy Duck

They just had to fucking add new weapons didn't they?

Surely the fact sales are down should tell them something, but no it's the easy way to grab the money isn't it.

FFS

New weapons, are you fucking kidding me. Locked behind crates as well. I thought this was a remaster, not a remake. If it was a remake, sure, do as you will but don't sell and advertise your fucking game as a remaster but change it. I can't believe there are people who are okay with this.

Li1quid

Neo Member
Wow, new weapons? Was waiting for a standalone to buy this and experience the good old times again.. Never mind I guess

MrNelson

Banned
They just had to fucking add new weapons didn't they?

Surely the fact sales are down should tell them something, but no it's the easy way to grab the money isn't it.

FFS

I knew this shit was coming.

Black Ops III started with just cosmetics, then moved to full on new weapons around the time the first map pack released. I pointed out that the leak that happened before weapon kits were added also had completely new weapons, which points to them doing the exact same shit there, and a bunch of people just kept saying "They must be from something else, they would never add something new that would change the game.".

GOOCHY

Yeah, Raven is going off the rails with the changes they're making to the game. If it were just aesthetic changes I wouldn't mind but the changes to the HC TDM timer, new guns, changes in spawn logic. The game is broken.

jacobs34

I'm just happy to get some new stuff to mess around with in the game and hopefully they have improved the tick rate and the atrocious spawns (bog on domination is a disaster). I've prestiged a couple of times now, and it will be nice to have some new stuff to play for. As for the new weapons, I'm going in with an open mind. They don't seem like they are anything game breaking, but we'll see. In a game that features a god weapon like the M16, it's hard to get to up-in-arms about other guns.

Daffy Duck

It's a real shame that they've gone down this road, I'm just thankful I have Battlefield 1 to play and hope EA keep their systems the same.

Top Bottom