• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

uc4otbanner2dpufn.png

Special thanks to Mediking for helping me gather information and to Ascenion for the OT title!

Disclaimer: Best viewed using NeoGAF Dark Theme
RELEASE DATE | MAY 10, 2016
PLATFORM | PS4
DEVELOPER | NAUGHTY DOG
PUBLISHER | SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
GENRE | THIRD PERSON SHOOTER, ACTION-ADVENTURE
OFFICAL SITE

GAF MULTIPLAYER PSN EXCHANGE LIST
QUOTE TO VIEW

editionsbannersssio.png

STANDARD EDITION | $59.99 | £46.99 | €69,00

Includes:

| Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End​

SPECIAL EDITION | $79.99 | £69.99 | €79,99

Includes:

| Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
| Collectible Steelbook Case
| 48-Page Hardcover Art Book by Dark Horse
| Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil Sticker Sheet
| Uncharted Points: in-game currency to unlock various multiplayer content​

LIBERTALIA COLLECTOR'S EDITION | $119.99 | £109.99 | €150,77

Includes:

| 12” Premium Drake Statue
| Collectible Steelbook Case
| 48-Page Hardcover Art Book by Dark Horse
| Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil Sticker Sheet
| Two exclusive instant multiplayer unlocks, five additional instant multiplayer unlocks, and Uncharted Points for use in multiplayer​

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION | $79.99 | £64.99 | €74,99

Includes:

| Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Triple Pack: Includes the first ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and
two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary items
| Instant unlock to two multiplayer items

Pre-order this edition and receive the following:

| Instantly unlock three multiplayer items
| Uncharted Points: in-game currency to unlock various multiplayer content
| PS4 Dynamic Theme​

LIMITED EDITION PS4 BUNDLE | $399.99 | £329.99 | €429,99

Includes:

| 500GB (NA)/1TB (UK/EU) Limited Edition Gray Blue PS4 featuring a silk-screened image of Nathan Drake
| Gray Blue DualShock 4 Controller
| Uncharted 4: A Thief's End​

STEELBOOK EDITION | €69,00

Includes:

| Collectible Steelbook Case​

UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END TRIPLE PACK | $24.99 | £19.99

Includes future access to:

| The first ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series
| Two multiplayer packs that will unlock new multiplayer content:

• MP PACK 1 - Long Gun, Booster, Skin, Hat, and Taunt
  • MP PACK 2 - Pistol, Booster, Mystical, Hat, and Taunt

storybannerjyul0.png

uncharted1b4u9d.png

UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE

A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets Nathan Drake on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The search turns deadly when Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.​

uncharted2w5s49.png

UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES

Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artifact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal who’s after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city. Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything – but has his luck finally run out?​

uncharted3baqw7.png

UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION

A search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands” propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert, a journey that pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake’s quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.​

uncharted4qqsvw.png

UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END

Set three years after the events of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Nathan Drake has presumably left the world of fortune hunting behind. However, it doesn’t take long for adventure to come calling when Drake’s brother, Sam, resurfaces seeking his help to save his own life and offering an adventure Drake can’t resist. On the hunt for Captain Henry Avery’s long-lost treasure, Sam and Drake set off to find Libertalia, the pirate utopia deep in the forests of Madagascar. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End takes players on a journey around the globe, through jungle isles, urban cities and snow-capped peaks on the search for Avery’s fortune.​

charactersbannern7lxt.png

nathandraketextallk4.png

samdraketextleftj8cn3.png

victorsullivantextnby63.png

elenafishertextleftpwuxa.png

nadinerosstextnys0p.png

rafeadlertextleft4kljn.png

multiplayerfix9gqnm.png

Expect the teamwork, over-the-top action-adventure, and detail-rich gameplay environments you’ve come to expect from the Uncharted series. Uncharted 4 Multiplayer introduces a number of new systems to elevate gameplay including Sidekicks, Mysticals, a grappling hook, and a deeper weapon list than previous multiplayer modes. All future maps and modes will be included for no extra cost.​

roadmap9uslq.png

mproadmapsqsao.png

grapplinghookg8u24.png

The grappling hook allows for swift travel across the map using designated grapple points. Players can melee other players while swinging on a point to down them with one punch. You can also do a charged melee attack with the hook by holding down L1. This attack will also down an enemy with only one hit.​

mysticalsn6pa6.png

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer lets you deploy Mysticals, letting you harness some of the well-known supernatural elements from the Uncharted games to aid your team in attaining victory. There are five Mysticals:

• WRATH OF EL DORADO – When thrown, the El Dorado sarcophagus from Uncharted 1 appears to unleash spirits that track down the enemies near where it is placed, and damage them.
  • SPIRIT OF DJINN – The Djinn magic from Uncharted 3 imbues the player with the ability to teleport short distances, but they won’t be able to take cover.
  • CINTAMANI STONE – Activating this mystical from Uncharted 2 revives Downed allies within its area of effect to full health instantly.
  • STAFF OF AYAR MANCO – This staff, from the Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth novel, casts a magical force across an entire map revealing where the opposing team is located. It will also show up on the mini-map and can be destroyed.
  • INDRA’S ETERNITY – From the Uncharted: Eye of Indra motion comic, this Mystical slows down any enemy that enters its' visible area of effect.

sidekicksfixv8eij.png

Sidekicks are another loadout option, which spawns an NPC ally, each with a unique skill to help you or your teammates along. Sidekicks will earn you cash as they fulfill their role. There are four Sidekicks, each with a specific function:

• SNIPER – defends a location with a sniper rifle to take out members of the opposing team
  • SAVIOR – field medic who will revive Downed players, hand out ammo and help your team replenish their Gear faster
  • HUNTER – when called in, hunts down the nearest enemy and puts them into a hold for the player to KO them
  • BRUTE – heavily armored with a lot of fire power but slow moving

modesxur1j.png

• WARM UP PLAYLIST - This playlist gives players the opportunity to explore the many new mechanics that are available. You will only be able to play in this playlist for a certain number of matches, to help you understand the multiplayer mechanics before joining the fight.
  • TEAM DEATHMATCH - A fight to the end with teammates at your side. The goal is to score a certain number of points to win, with each enemy KO being worth one point.
  • RANKED TEAM DEATHMATCH - In Ranked Team Deathmatch, Ranks range from Bronze III to Diamond I. You’ll be awarded points for winning a match, and points will be deducted for losing. When you acquire the necessary number of points, you’ll enter into Qualifiers. At this point, a player is given the opportunity to increase his or her Rank by winning a certain number of the next few matches. Failing to do so will knock the player out of Qualifiers, and he or she must earn points again for another attempt.
  • COMMAND - In this mode, you’ll capture Command Sites for a steady flow of points, or knock out enemy Captains for a large point bonus. Command emphasizes teamwork and a large part of that comes from protecting your Captain. Whichever player contributes the most points to the team’s objective is the Team Captain, and will receive bonuses, such as cheaper In-Match Store Items, the ability to revive teammates faster, and more health when downed. As the Captain gains objective points without being KO’ed, the Captain goes up a Level to a max level of three, which increases the effectiveness of the Captain bonuses. However, at higher levels, the Captain is more visible to the enemy.
  • PLUNDER - A 4v4 objective mode similar to capture the flag. The goal is to place the idol in your team's treasure box. The first team to get 3 captures wins.
  • TRIALS - Set up as pseudo competitive matches, players go up against enemy NPC opponents with the goal of getting a high score using specific multiplayer mechanics. Each of the 10 Trials will include different levels of difficulty and will award Relics for completion.

videosfixnnqg1.png

screenshotsbanner3rz9p.png

OFFICIAL GAF SCREENSHOT THREAD

reviewsfix7jatx.png

Game Informer | 9.5/10
A Thief End’s is the best Uncharted yet, delivering a story I didn’t want to end, and an adventure that concludes with a hell of a payoff. The “wow” factor of the world exploding under Drake’s feet has diminished in the years following Uncharted 2, but those moments are still effective, and a true showpiece of the developer’s exquisite craftsmanship for world and gameplay design.

GameSpot | 10/10
In its writing, in its design, in its understanding of what makes games unique, Uncharted 4 is something to aspire to. It's a shining example. And we'll be talking about it for years to come.

Polygon | 9/10
There is nothing cheap about how Naughty Dog has decided to retire this franchise — no door is left open for a crass surprise sequel — and there's nothing ambiguous about its resolution. Every other Uncharted game has, to varying degrees, posed a question — "can a thief be good?" — and summarily moved on without wagering a guess. In finding an answer, Uncharted 4's story soars, and presents a moving, fulfilling finale.

GamingTrend | 10/10
It takes great strides to outclass its previous entries because it knows there won’t be another chance. From the opening moments to the credits rolling, Uncharted 4 is built from the ground up to close the curtain on the series with its most well-rounded, personal, and fine-tuned entry. With its new and polished mechanics, unrivaled technical prowess, human story, and thrilling action, nothing in Uncharted 4 is less than top tier. In saying goodbye, Uncharted soars to its highest heights, and bids farewell to an icon with a finale befitting of the history that preceded it.

spoilertagwarningfixtfc1i.png

Dominator

Best game I've ever played, I just finished. TLOU was my previous favorite. Yes, I think it's better than that.

The storytelling here is unmatched in the video game landscape. It's true that there is more of an adventure feel than an action one, but the adventure is what I love the most about these games and this final ride was worth the wait.

I know I'm buzzing and high off the game, but it's that good.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I bought a PS4 largely for this series, needless to say I'm hyped for tomorrow.

nib95

Banned
Great OT. Game is absolutely incredible. One for the ages, but at the same time immensely bittersweet. I'll deeply miss this franchise, and I just can't see any other developer doing it justice.

Nibel

Good job on the OT

Hope my copy arrives tomorrow, I need an adventure
(and I am free for the next two days)

dreamfall

Incredible, OT my goodness. We made it. Nolan North and Troy Baker dream team brothers! So much waiting, ready to embrace greatness and just get lost in it all. It'll be so nice to marvel at some beautiful art direction, and soak in the story, wander around for treasures, everything! SOOOON!

Great OT. Gonna stay away from this until I beat the game. Planning on picking it up tomorrow after work. See you guys on the other side.

EDIT: didn't like that the dark theme is required. I'm on mobile and too lazy to change it. Plus the light theme looks better and makes this OT difficult to read at parts. Not a fan of that.

SheHateMe

Didn't finish the trilogy in time to feel comfortable buying this now (still working through UC2), but I'm going to keep tabs on this game. Great OT, OP!

Ascenion

The time has come!!! Start the week with Uncharted 4 and end it with college graduation. Best. Week. Ever.

Shy

Quick question for people who bought it from amazon UK.

I tried putting in my pre-order code, but it kept saying it was invalid.

Anyone else having the same problem. ?

Top Bottom