• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Alright everyone to celebrate OT2 migration I would like to take the time to streamline information and provide us with a new design. Mods, is this something I could coordinate with you? duckroll specifically if I update will you be able to update first post?

I love this thread.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Aw, I already miss the old Demon's Souls thread aka the greatest thread in GAF history.

Anyways, let the record show that this game is awesome and I love it dearly.

Shuusui

I'm re-rolling a character. I'm thinking about a Faith build, seeing as my last one was a magic/warrior. Any advice for offline content?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
canova said:
At least you can give us warning so we can pay tribute to the legendary, longest active thread

Tribute!?

You steal Men's Demon's souls and make them your slaves!

oracrest

Currently stuck on the FlamerLurker. He is pretty tough second time around. I will have to start farming some full moon grass, and maybe leveling up a bit. I wish I could just kill him though, because I want to start messing with all the other Boss souls with Blacksmith Ed.

76f22fe4.jpg

Articate

Banned
oracrest said:
Currently stuck on the FlamerLurker. He is pretty tough second time around. I will have to start farming some full moon grass, and maybe leveling up a bit. I wish I could just kill him though, because I want to start messing with all the other Boss souls with Blacksmith Ed.

76f22fe4.jpg

What level are you on what version? get some blue phantoms?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
wait its white tendency now for everyone ? (referring to op)

i bought this and only beat 1 level like half a year ago, i should go back soon

oracrest

I'm level 94 on NG+

Yeah, I should try some more online playing. So far, I have only really made a multiplayer run 3 or 4 times, and been invaded 5 - 10 times.

Carnby

does anyone know if an offical number was ever released as to how many copies of the Deluxe Edition were made for NA?

Tiduz said:
wait its white tendency now for everyone ? (referring to op)

i bought this and only beat 1 level like half a year ago, i should go back soon

No, some of the info is extremely outdated. I apologize for that.

Max

I am not Max
Time for another playthrough I think. Gonna get back into my 16 mage

Tell me about the items I absolutely need. I know I have the cleaver-girl's robes so far

soldat7

Kuran said:
So after March 2011 you can no longer play DS online?

That is rather lame..

Atlus might choose to extend it. I think originally they were only planning on supporting the game through April 2010.

I'm definitely going to do one final playthrough before the servers go down.

bunbun777

oracrest said:

76f22fe4.jpg

There is a very very cheap way of beating the Flamelurker:

Make sure you have the thief ring equipped. I also suggest the ring of magical sharpness. Use soul ray and engage. Attempt to get the flamelurker to come to you towards the entrance, then attempt to run to the exit. At the exit you should be able to get behind what appears to be stone rubble. If the Flamelurker is not right behind you, than he will usually always reset and start to walk in place away from you. Attack with soul ray and then stay as far back as possible. The only time he may actually come to the back is after you get him past 33% health. Even then just lure him out and run back. Should get him this way very easily.

Oh boy, that new thread smell again. Can't wait to play this again, but I'm afraid my ps3 won't live through another 300 hours of Demon's Souls.

oracrest

Holy shit, you actually keep the collected souls you get in blue phantom form when helping someone out? I died on the boss, but still had all my souls after :D

Om3ga

Why is magician not recommend? That's the class I started with and I was having an easy time. Order I'm currently going through the game is. 1-1, 1-2, 4-1, 2-1, 5-1, 5-2 and I haven't decided where to go next. Might just finish off 5 as I heard you get a decent weapon.

Once I found the scimitar in 1-1 the game got significantly easier. Upgraded it to +4 and had no troubles in 1-2 except for those stupid dogs, but took them out 1 by 1. Went to 4-1 just to try it and beat the mini boss. Found the Uchigitana which has been my sword of choice and just left because I got scared. I farmed souls in 4-1 for awhile then went on to beat 2-1 which was pretty easy. Went back to 4-1 and finished it. I'd recommend finishing 4-1 you get some really useful items.

Lol kind of hating 5-2, but the items I got in 4-1 is making it barable or I'd have left it for later. Some guys can one and 2 hit me and I can't dodge! Is there any items I can get so that I'm able to roll? I'll keep pushing until I beat it regardless. It's just annoying since I get to enemies I can normally beat and get overwhelmed.

Animator

I tried rolling a new character and doing a no magic, no ranged weapon melee only run.

...yea that didnt really work out. :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have to say, whenever Atlus DO decide to shut off the servers, it will be a sad, sad day. Though I think it'll end up running much longer than March 2011, what with the game just now becoming a Greatest Hit and all.

Also, I just want to say that since I got my PS3, a lot of games have come and gone from my collection. But only Demon's Souls has never left. And it never, ever will. :D

Just got this game yesterday and I love it! It's difficult at times but it's still fun. The atmosphere is great, and I really like the enemy designs. I'm at the Shrine of Storms right now and man do those skeleton things look badass. Wish there was a party system, and voice chat, aside from that I like everything else about the game.

Man

WHOAguitarninja said:
Will probably start this for the first time today. Anything I should know before getting started?
Close the curtains. Turn off the lights. Bring some beverage, food and a blanket.
Get lost.

Canova

Banned
oracrest said:
Holy shit, you actually keep the collected souls you get in blue phantom form when helping someone out? I died on the boss, but still had all my souls after :D

yes being a blue phantom has more rewards than risk. You only lose your souls as blue if you get killed by an invading black phantom

Canova

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
Will probably start this for the first time today. Anything I should know before getting started?

- start as temple knight (melee) or royal (ranged magic)
- find thief ring and cling ring in 1-1
- be patient, and always have your shield up when you move forward
- when you see a red-eye armored knight in 1-1, run!
- bookmark this site
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

Coldsnap

I tried to look on google before asking this, nothing.

What is the earliest I can get a blessed weapon? I'm at 2-1 and putting most my stats into faith but I need a blessed weapon.

What is the best place to farm for materials for weapon upgrades?

Coldsnap said:
What is the earliest I can get a blessed weapon?
There's a Blessed Mace +1 about halfway through 5-1.

Coldsnap said:
What is the best place to farm for materials for weapon upgrades?
Each world have their own kinds of upgrade stones. You can buy the basic upgrade stones (splinter/large sharpstone/hardstone) from a vendor in 2-1 and 2-2. Faithstones (magic damage scales with FAITH stat) can be found in the Valley of Defilement. Check out the DS Wiki for specific locations and upgrade paths.

Coldsnap

Ah okay, I will probably get beat up real bad in 5-1.

Ah nvm there's a gimp guide on youtube for it. Maybe I'm not as low level as I think anyways, I have done more farming than actually playing the game haha. Sould level 21 and I have +5 shield and weapons

roxya

Coldsnap said:
Ah okay, I will probably get beat up real bad in 5-1.

It isn't that easy to get to. If I remember correctly, you need to do a jump off a plank down into a pile of... I dunno, hay I think. You get ganked by two enemies who are hidden inside it. Really nice early weapon though, it's worth trying to get it.

oracrest

I got some good Karma going on last night. I helped out a few guys as a blue phantom, got to Flamelurker and killed him, which gave me my body back, and then I summoned a phantom to help me out. Easy, like 1, 2. :D

RyanDG

Game will be here on Monday and will be my first time playing it. Wish me luck. I may take off Monday since I have Tuesday off already this week. ;)

ZeroRay

Best game this gen and a serious contender for greatest of all time.

*salutes From Software and the old thread*

Who thought it would even make past 1000 posts back in February of '09?

Top Bottom