• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical MLB Power Pros Thread of Super-Deformed Awesome

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
distantmantra said:
I couldn't find the PS2 version today, hopefully places around Seattle get it tomorrow. I still play the previous Japan-only titles, and I'll miss the facial expressions from the Japanese titles, but I don't care. We're getting Power Pro in North America, something I never thought would happen.
A handful of Best Buys received it Tuesday, more Weds, and I'd expect most of them to have it by Thurs. Each store seemed to get an order of 10-20 copies at least, while I've heard most EB/GS stores only got a few shipped to them, likely preorders.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Our store (Gamestop) got around 3-4 copies of the Wii version, 5-6 of the PS2 version, IIRC. No preorders.

XiaNaphryz

ZealousD said:
Our store (Gamestop) got around 3-4 copies of the Wii version, 5-6 of the PS2 version, IIRC. No preorders.
I've hearing mixed reports, some areas aren't getting any copies while others are seeing plentiful.

XiaNaphryz

Awesome post for those of you who want to edit player stats. I suspected the bolded part, but didn't want to say anything until someone else confirmed...it will make tweaking a lot easier if we don't have to sim through a season to see results!

bigmanzam said:
Ok, fellas. I'm going to be the messiah here. I just got the US version last night and this post will give you all the info you need to edit stats on your own. I've already done 75% of the Mariners. You won't be needing an in depth text key after all, because the key to editing batting stats is right in front of you.

See that edit stat line thing at the very bottom? There is a button that lets the computer automatically generate numbers for you. Press it a bunch of times and you'll get the general idea of what those attributes will get you in a full 162 game season. Just keep tweaking the stats until you get something fairly close to the final 2007 totals. This method only works with simple batting stats and ERA. You'll have to actually know your stuff when it comes to speed, defense, and AI.

If you find RBI totals to be low, like you'll probably get with guys who have 20 homers and 100+ RBIs, that's where Clutch Hitter comes into play. That should help your homer to RBI ratio a little bit. Now I'm going to break some things down using a list system.

1. Reserve 4 trajectory for only the very elite batters. Basically only guys who can hit over 50 jacks in a season. This would be guys like Pena, Howard, Fielder, A-Rod, etc. You could possibly give A arch to a 30 homer guy, but you should use B power. Just think about real life games. Who are the batters who hit tape measure shots on a regular basis?

2. Reserve A arm strength and A defense for only the cream of the crop. On the Mariners I have Ichiro(with cannon and accuracy), Betancourt, and Beltre with A arm strength. The latter two were voted by managers as having the strongest infield arms this year. As good of an arm as Jose Guillen has, I gave him 13 for his arm strength, since he's coming off of Tommy John surgery. I gave him cannon arm and normal accuracy, which means he'll air one out once every blue moon. Remember, defensive level only reflects how much range your guy has, so just because the guy makes diving plays a lot on ESPN, it doesn't mean he's A level defense.

3. I highly suggest only using Contact Hitter and Power Hitter for guys who you'd want to see hit over .350 or 40 homers. They're very powerful skills and could end up giving you very unrealistic end of season stats if they're abused.

4. Make sure to account for number of at bats when you're editing batting skills.

5. C level speed usually means 5-10 stolen bases. B level should be 10-30 depending on whether you use special attributes or not. A level should be reserved for base stealers who can reach 40 at least.

That's all for now.

KarishBHR

I have a question about the Wii version of the game.

What are my various control options? As far as I can tell I either have to play the "wiimote mode" or just use typical buttons. Can I not use the wiimote motions when playing the normal game?

All the Seattle area Best Buy stores got this in today, I'll go pick it up on my lunch break and use the current 10% off coupon. Gamer Gift Card coupons dried up around here long ago...

Bluecondor

KarishBHR said:
I have a question about the Wii version of the game.

What are my various control options? As far as I can tell I either have to play the "wiimote mode" or just use typical buttons. Can I not use the wiimote motions when playing the normal game?

No - unfortunately - the only modes that allow you to use the Wii-mote like we did in Wii Sports Baseball is Wii-mote Exhibition game and Home Run Derby. And - even in those modes, you can only use the Wii-mote to bat and pitch. Fielding, throwing and baserunning are completely computer controlled in the Wii-mote exhibition game.

The controller in the regular game is a lot like All Star Baseball with the deformed oval-shaped cursor. You can use the Wii-mote+nunchuk, any GC controller or the classic controller in the regular game modes (in which you have complete control over hitting, pitching, fielding and base-running).

XiaNaphryz

Some good impressions from SportsGamer Blog

What the hell was 2K thinking with the marketing of Power Pros. The guys at Gamestop joked that there were 4 Japanese big head players on the box, and Ryan Howard. They thought that was odd (they figured Dice-K, Ichiro, Matsui for example). The back of the box makes it sound like they wanted to make the game kid friendly. I almost cancelled my preorder because it sounded like Backyard Baseball (not to say that’s a bad game, but not what I was looking for).

My goodness, that would have been stupid. This game uses the same pitching/batting model as PYS, lets you use the classic controller and is easily one of the deepest games I have played. 2K should license PYS as their MLB game next year and tell Brinkman to find another job. :). Seriously though, the game rocks. And you can use Wiis.

The AI in one game is better than I’ve seen in a whole season of other games — the computer actually pinch hits, then I changed pitchers, then he pinched again to get the right combination. It was very impressive. I’m not sure I would have subbed Wily Mo Pena for Varitek, but I’m impressed that they subbed at all. (Oh yeah, the rosters are as of opening day 2007, not now, so Pena is on the Red Sox). It was also weird seing Steve Treschel as the #1 starter for the Orioles given how great Bedard is/was.

I just wish it had online play. Of course, that’s my one game thoughts, they are subject to change, but it I likey so far.

1. After the game, you see a box score which also shows the HITS in each inning for each team!

2. The batting box score is PERFECT. Like better than a newspaper. Awesome.

3. After that, you get another batting page that shows the # of hits, HR’s, Bunts, Fly balls and ground balls — for example I hit 11 ground balls — 3 to third, 1 to short, 4 to 2nd, 1 to first, and 2 to the pitcher. I know, that’s not detailed enough for you, so you can then see where your lefty batters hit and your righty batters. Oh and 15% of the pitches were called strikes, I swing at 68% of the pitches and my power rating is 23%. The computer swung at 25% of my pitches and 34% were called strikes. Still not enough for you? My three pitchers (Bedard, Loewen and Ray) threw 112 Pitches total. Need to see the location of all 112 pitches…you can see that.. The strikeout pitches? You can see where you threw them — 4 of the 9 were on the lower left corner of the plate. What’s that you want to see individual totals? No problem. Of Bedard’s 8K’s, four were on curveballs and all on the lower corner of the plate.

Yeah, now those are stats. Oh yeah and the action game is fun too. And you also get text like this: “Everyone Loves Exhibition Mode! Enjoy an awesome game!”. Glen says he hates the play by play, but seriously it reminds me of Joe Buck. IT’S A SINGLE TO LEFT!!! NOW THE ORIOLES WILL TRY TO TAKE THE LEAD!!! OH MY GOD! LET ME PLEASURE MYSELF! See, just like real Fox broadcasters!

This rulez.

Ok. I’ve decided that it’s not getting enough attention. PEOPLE SHOULD BUY MLB POWER PROS. Forget the big head player aspect and look at the fact that this is probably the deepest baseball game that you will play this year. It has more stats than most of the text based games that are out there. Also, it costs $20 less ($30 less for the PS2 version) than any of the ‘next-gen’ baseball games on the market. It has your MLB rosters, even if they’re dated. You can edit them and make the rosters accurate without too much trouble as well.

My biggest objection with the game at this point would probably be the damn game case. If you look at the back of it, you’d think it’s a game for 7 year olds. I can only pray that 2K and Konami learn their lessons from this release and put out a new version next year and market it to the baseball geeks out there. I’m not so proud that I won’t beg. Please, PLEASE, buy this game! We need games like this and PYS to make it to the U.S. market to force EA and others to make better sports games. Ok, I’m getting off the soap box… for a moment…

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
This game is killer!!! By forgoing the need to have player models which look super-realistic, you gain in exchange a much smoother gameplay and a fantastic baseball engine.

Much like the ingame golf engine in Hot Shots has always been superior to the Tiger Woods series, MLB Power Pros has a vastly superior baseball engine. Games play quickly, results are realistic statistically, walks and strikeouts are not rare and uncommon; all in all, this game is a fabulous rendition of baseball. I really just can't get over the shock that it was brought over here. That kind of forward thinking could be dangerous...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Any news on what the PS2 version looks like on the PS3?

Is it widescreen? (I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but all I could find was Wii widescreen discussion).

Will we be able to d/l save files CONFIRMED?

XiaNaphryz

AstroLad said:
Any news on what the PS2 version looks like on the PS3?

Is it widescreen? (I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but all I could find was Wii widescreen discussion).

Will we be able to d/l save files CONFIRMED?
Haven't read anything on how it looks on the PS3, other than one guy saying he plays it on a PS3 but it's hooked to a SD set.

Pretty sure there's no 16:9 on PS2 either, past PS2 games never had it.

Wii saves may be an issue, unless someone can get access to some dev equipment that can copy protected saves. I don't foresee an issue with PS2 save transfers though, unless those can also be protected.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
XiaNaphryz said:
Haven't read anything on how it looks on the PS3, other than one guy saying he plays it on a PS3 but it's hooked to a SD set.

Pretty sure there's no 16:9 on PS2 either, past PS2 games never had it.

Wii saves may be an issue, unless someone can get access to some dev equipment that can copy protected saves. I don't foresee an issue with PS2 save transfers though, unless those can also be protected.

Oh right, that all makes sense. Guess I'll probably pick it up for the Wii then. Impressions sound very good, just waiting for one or two reviews now.

I know it's been mentioned before, and I know it's nitpicking, but lack of 16:9 is really a bitch.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I have it, playing on the PS3.

It looks really good. If you turn on the Full Screen and smoothing, it's not totally widescreen, but, for me at least, it looks to cover about 95% of the image area. The game plays very smoothly and really does look quite acceptable. I should also say that I'm sort of a graphics whore (have a hard time playing games like SMT: Nocturne, Disgaea, etc., because they look so awful to me) but this game is much better looking to me and very acceptable. Hope this helps...

XiaNaphryz

tekumseh said:
I have it, playing on the PS3.

It looks really good. If you turn on the Full Screen and smoothing, it's not totally widescreen, but, for me at least, it looks to cover about 95% of the image area. The game plays very smoothly and really does look quite acceptable. I should also say that I'm sort of a graphics whore (have a hard time playing games like SMT: Nocturne, Disgaea, etc., because they look so awful to me) but this game is much better looking to me and very acceptable. Hope this helps...
The simple character models and art style probably helps a lot.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Found a pretty thorough blog review of the Wii version with videos and such:

Pros:

Excellent pitching/batting controls.
Plenty of game modes to keep you busy for the long winter ahead.
Simple to pick up and play, yet deep enough to keep most baseball enthusiasts entertained.

Cons:

Steep learning curve for fielding controls
Inability to control pitching speed
Awful commentary

Final Opinion: If you are like the majority of gamers, you skipped The Bigs in hopes of a better baseball title in the future. Thankfully, Power Pros is a stellar title, even if the season is just about over…

The Tanooki Rating: 8.0

http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/10/04/impressions-mlb-power-pros/

XiaNaphryz

Decent review, though I think he should look into the pitching controls a little more. You can get a quick pitch speed boost if you hold the button down at the right time after pitching. I think that will make your pitcher tired faster though. There's also an Expert pitching option if you want more of a challenge for location. Seems more like a "first impressions" review, considering the ridiculous amount of depth in the game, I dunno how much time he put in before writing it.

Torgo

I am playing the PS2 version on the PS3 and it looks pretty good. It's definitely cleaner than on the PS2 on an SDTV.

I'm reviewing the game on our show this week, but the short answer is if you like Baseball games, you can't pass this one up. I'm having a blast with it.

XiaNaphryz

distantmantra said:
Does the Japanese version have online play? Last year's Power Pro Major League had online play.
Are you sure? I didn't think it did...though I had the GC version.

I know the J-league Pawapuro Wii game had some sort of online features, but they didn't bring any of that over into the MLB game.

XiaNaphryz

Some cool little bits for the PS2 version, I'll have to dig up the Wii/CC/GC equivalents when I get the chance. The only little one I recall for sure with the GC controller is tilting the C-stick would make your pitcher grab the little chalk bag thingie for a bit then drop it. Don't think it ever actually did anything other than play a neat animation.

bigmanzam said:
Ok, so there is a lot of hidden stuff in this game that only someone who's played for years would know from reading forums everyday. Here is what I know...

-After throwing to the first baseman to end an inning, press R1 to flip the ball to the first base coach.

-Rapidly press all four shoulder buttons to hustle just a bit more while running bases. Great for stealing bases, touching up, and getting infield hits.

-I haven't seen it yet, but you could have an outfielder throw the ball into the stands by pressing R1 at the end of an inning in the Japanese series. Try it out. You'll probably have to make a catch near one of the walls.

-Press R2 before pitching for a pitch out.

-This isn't really a trick but more for the new fans who don't know the series well. On defense, press square to lunge for the ball(takes a lot out of your throw), X to dive, and triangle to jump. In the outfield, square will also allow you to make a butt sliding style catch. It's a lot safer than laying out to make the catch. I'm pretty sure the lunge is how you'll be able to do the Derek Jeter style jump throw. Also, when you're catching a fly ball, give yourself a bit of room and throw with momentum to get some extra zip on the ball. This is the only true way to make an amazing throw to the plate.

I know I'm forgetting some stuff, so I'll post again in the near future.

bigmanzam said:
When using digipad controls, hold L1 while batting to make the cursor move super slow. I'm not 100% sure this is in the game, but it's been in all previous games, so I don't see why not. The purpose of this trick is so you can hit like 100 homers in a row in homerun derby. I should probably try it, since hitting 100 homers in previous games would unlock all of the old hall of fame players. WARNING, I am 99.999999% sure there are no HOF major league players in this game.

I'm not 100% sure if touching the rosin bag does anything, other than reset what pitch you selected. I know in Pro Yakyu Spirits, it makes release timing a bit better when you've pitched deep into a game and find your grip getting worse. Perhaps this works in the same way in Power Pros?

Pressing the X button rapidly will increase the speed of your pitches. I know most people already know this, but I'm putting it here for archive purposes.

XiaNaphryz

I just spent the last few hours on Success Mode, created a Starting Pitcher. Didn't get to play on the team the first year, but I focused mainly on training with the occasional study break - just enough to pass finals. Soon after the season I was told I made the roster for next year, and soon after that I was named team captain, so I guess I did enough training to catch the coach's eye that first year.

I'm up to my 2nd year now and after winning the last regular season game I'm about to enter the tournament. My max speed is 81 mph, I have D control and C stamina, and I have a 2 rated hard slider. I also have Poise 4, RISP 4, and the Lucky attribute. I've also been seeing the geeky TA girl, which looks like a good choice - you get both Ladies Man and Bookworm stat increases for seeing her. But other than that and resting, I've focused all my time into training, no part-time job or anything else. I'm sure I'm missing something and that other strategies will likely work out in beating this mode, but I want to try this approach first and see how well I can do.

I've gotten three increases to my Scout rating so far as well - 1 for when the scout's daughter joined the team as assistant manager, another for winning the scout's challenge during a random event (he offered to take a look at me if I would throw 10 pitches at a target, probably the pitching mini-game, but I used a Challenge fate card here and the scout changed it to a "get this batter out" challenge instead), and winning the last game of the season to make the tournament.

I've noticed you get a pretty big boost to all your stats if your player does well in a game, so I'm hoping to win the tournament and get a couple nice boosts - the amount of EXP needed to boost a stat increases as the stat itself gets higher. By the end of Success I hope to have at least B control and B stamina, with a max speed of 88 or higher and at least 1 pitch rated at least a 3 and another pitch rated at least a 2.

allen1982

Banned
I am happy and it is really funny to see North American gamers all going like "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS SO FUN AND DEEP" after playing this game for the first time, when this game and its engine, stats-keeping, and all the things being praised for actually haven't changed at all from the first Pawapuro game on the Super Famicom 14 or whatever number of years ago; it just took that damn long for American publishers to notice this game to port it over here.

I think it is also saying a lot about US-made sports game, developers like 2KSports and EA always tend to forget GAMEPLAY and instead focus on eye candy (LOOK, OUR PLAYER MODELS SWEAT!!) and pointless extra features, like having a slam dunk contest in NBA Live when the actual basketball gameplay is shit...

XiaNaphryz

That's the biggest mystery right now...my guess is either review copies went out late, or all the big sites aren't bothering to give this title the attention it needs and is sitting under a bunch of other games on reviewers' desk. Considering the GS preview and how often they called this an "arcade game," I'm not sure if this will get fair reviews, despite the really positive impressions from the sim sportsgamer crowd so far.

XiaNaphryz

Completed my first player in Success Mode! We won the tournament title at the end of Year 3, and ended up playing a MLB All-Star team! And you get complete control over the game, batting and pitching! My pitcher went 8 innings against them (despite starting to get tired after 5) giving up 6 hits and 3 runs while striking out 2, Jeter and Mauer. Pujols took me deep, and there was another short rally that resulted in the other 2 runs. I managed 5 hits against Peavy but only got to 3rd base once. It was still an awesome thing to play through!

I ended up with a max speed of 89 mph, C Control, B Stamina, a 3-rated hard slider, a 2-rated hard-sinker, a 2-rated curveball, D fielding arm, C fielding, D error resistance (though 1 more point will raise it up to C), E run speed, trajectory 1, G contact, and G power. I ended up getting the following attributes: w/ RISP 4, Poise 4, Spin 4, Release 4, Consistency 4, Recovery 4, Strong Finisher, Poker Face, Good Release, Breaking Ball Pitcher, Good Pace, and Aggressive Runner. My Bookworm attribute ended up at level 2, and Ladies Man was level 1. I didn't bother with earning money, so my Money Man rating stayed at 0. Note that these attributes are Success Mode only, they don't carry over or translate into anything for Franchise mode.

I picked up a couple of those extra attributes from random events and items - it's nice getting the Book of Pitching item as a Valentine's gift, it gives you a random attribute for free!

I believe the player is nicely setup for franchise, a couple seasons there should allow me to get his max speed up to the low to mid 90s, get control up to B and stamina up to A, and get at least 2 pitches rated at 4 at the least (I'm assuming player progression in this game is similar to past Pawapuro games' MyLife modes). I'll probably end up doing a closer next, and then an outfielder.

XiaNaphryz

Oh yeah, and after completing Success Mode once you unlock a "Shortcut Mode" option which will automatically skip certain scenes you've already gone through - saves a lot of time skipping text screens.

I'm confused, is this an imported Japanese version but with MLB players and stadiums? What's the connection between the U.S. version and Japanese version?

And does this need to be experienced on the Wii or does it matter?

Thanks for all the info XiaNaphryz...

mcgarrett

I thought people were being picky about the announcer, but he truly is bad. Some Detroit Tiger mispronounciations:

Ivan Rodriquez: Pronounced as a very Russian-sounding "Eye-van"
Magglio Ordoñez: Pronounced as "Ordonez"
Brandon Inge: The "e" should be silent, but he pronounces this as "Ingy"

Great game though. I love how they studied the player mannerisms, like Sheffield's batting stance. Even lesser stars like Carlos Guillen have their quirks captured.

tim1138

Got this from GameFly today and started a season with the Reds. One thing I noticed was that Alex Gonzalez wasn't on the roster, in his place was Giant Kennedy, however thanks to the edit mode I got that straightened out. Did the Fantasy draft thing at the start at of my season to boost my pitching, but otherwise managed to keep the Reds starting 8 from the end of the season. Won on Opening Day in dramatic fashion with a walk off 3 run home run by Javier Valentin to win 3-2. I must say, I'm having a blast with this and will be keeping it from GameFly, this is my first PowerPro game and its so much better than the recent 2k MLB games (at least to me).

Zep

Banned
Is there anyway to have more drop on my curveballs(Wii version)...I mean it drops but its still to easy too hit.

itxaka

Defeatist
arrrghh! i hate you guys! i migth have to import this game but i have to modchip my wii if i want to play it.

Well i thinks it´s worth, so any shop that ships to europe?

Damn, couldn´t they bring this games to europe for the people that like baseball?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
itxaka said:
arrrghh! i hate you guys! i migth have to import this game but i have to modchip my wii if i want to play it.

Well i thinks it´s worth, so any shop that ships to europe?

Damn, couldn´t they bring this games to europe for the people that like baseball?

videogameplus.ca does ship to EU.

mcgarrett

A very annoying user comment for the Wii version on Metacritic, hopefully it doesn't put too many people off (as there are no actual reviews up yet):
PSWii60 Elite gave it a 3:
Horrible, even for the price. Why you might ask? Well its essentially WiiSports Baseball with a MLB license. thats right, so there is no fielding. Oh wait, there is a little fielding. When the ball is hit into play you simply shake the Wiimote. Yep, thats it. Other than that, ITs exactly the same as WiiSports Baseball.

XiaNaphryz

tim1138 said:
Got this from GameFly today and started a season with the Reds. One thing I noticed was that Alex Gonzalez wasn't on the roster, in his place was Giant Kennedy, however thanks to the edit mode I got that straightened out. Did the Fantasy draft thing at the start at of my season to boost my pitching, but otherwise managed to keep the Reds starting 8 from the end of the season. Won on Opening Day in dramatic fashion with a walk off 3 run home run by Javier Valentin to win 3-2. I must say, I'm having a blast with this and will be keeping it from GameFly, this is my first PowerPro game and its so much better than the recent 2k MLB games (at least to me).

I don't think Alex Gonzalez is a union member, so he's not in. Here's the complete list:

Red Sox - Great Anderson - Brendan Donnelly

* Orioles - Great Johnson - Kevin Millar
Great Thompson - Jamie Walker
* Twins - Great Young - Luis Rodriguez
Great Cameron - Dennis Reyes
* Indians - Great Baker - Roberto Hernandez
* Rangers - Great Miller - Ron Mayhay
* Mariners - Great Cruz - Cha Seung Baek
* Phillies - Great Wood - Abraham Nunez
* Reds - Great Kennedy - Alex Gonzalez
* Brewers - Great Williams - Damian Miller
* Padres - Great Hudson - Heath Bell
* Dodgers - Great Gordon - Wilson Betemit
* Giants - Great Gonzalez - Barry Bonds

Big Zep said:
Is there anyway to have more drop on my curveballs(Wii version)...I mean it drops but its still to easy too hit.
Increase the rating for the curveball - here's the general scale:

1 - Mix-in, junk pitch
2 - Serviceable, marginally below average, nothing to rely on
3 - Useful, good, a real major league pitch
4 - Very good, above average
5 - Excellent, up with the best in the league but aren't really someone you could say has THE best (Beckett's curve)
6 - Top of the league (Wake's knuckleball, Rivera's cutter, Zito's curve, Webb's sinker, Lowe's sinker, etc.)
7 - Otherworldly, freakish, HOF legend stuff that noone actively playing has.

2-seamers looks like there's only three ratings:

1 - throws it but it's nothing special
2 - average
3 - great

Increasing your Spin attribute may help as well. If all that's not enough for you, there are also several different curveballs available, one might have a harder break that would suit what you're looking for.

XiaNaphryz

tim1138 said:
Is Success Mode the only way to make new players? I wanna make Joey Votto and Homer Bailey for the Reds.
It's supposed to be the main way to do it, but if you're in a hurry you can always modify some no-name free agent or AAA scrub.

Torgo

On PS2:

To grab the Resin Bag, hit L2

Hitting R1 does work to toss the ball to the Base Coach/Crowd

3 of us played the game for about 6 hours last night and we had a BLAST!!! This game needs to sell well so that we start getting a new one every year.

alanias

This game is fantastic. My favorite baseball game since MVP '05, and it's been a couple of years of shitty baseball games in between. I am just wondering if it has a couple of my favorite things in recent baseball games.

Does it have the ability to charge the mound/get thrown out of the game?
Can you argue with the umpire?
These are both bonus features but I am wondering if they are in the game.

tim1138

XiaNaphryz said:
It's supposed to be the main way to do it, but if you're in a hurry you can always modify some no-name free agent or AAA scrub.

Ok, cool.
This game just continues to be a blast, so far I'm 3-1 in my season. Opened up with a sweep of the Cubs then got humiliated by the Pirates (10-0). This is probably the most fun I've had playing a new baseball game since the original Ken Griffey Jr Baseball came out for the SNES. Kudos to 2k and Konami for bringing this over!

Tamanon

Banned
My bud rented this last night, and we played a few exhibition games. Fun stuff, the pitching took a bit to get used to, as did the hitting, but it was good fun. Was good to play a baseball game on there that actually had other elements besides "Single, Double, Triple"

Although I think they made Ichiro overpowered:lol Seemed when I played as the Mariners, he went 3 for 4, stole 3 bases and scored 3 runs.:lol

XiaNaphryz

Tamanon said:
My bud rented this last night, and we played a few exhibition games. Fun stuff, the pitching took a bit to get used to, as did the hitting, but it was good fun. Was good to play a baseball game on there that actually had other elements besides "Single, Double, Triple"

Although I think they made Ichiro overpowered:lol Seemed when I played as the Mariners, he went 3 for 4, stole 3 bases and scored 3 runs.:lol
Funny thing is, the general consensus is that Ichiro's default attributes make him gimped. :D

His clutch rating's too low as well as some of his other hitting stats.

Might've been the difficulty you were playing at?

XiaNaphryz

Still no reviews on this anywhere oddly enough...what's the longest wait we've had after a game release until a first review popped up?

Loving this game, but I'm stuck on success mode...tried it four times already, cannot even get close to creating an MLB player...so many random events and bad sets of fate cards set me back, as well as my team often being in not-so-great situations during playable games...any tips?

And it sucks you can't fast forward success mode until after you create a successful player =/

Top Bottom