• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

ShadiWulf

We could start a new Neocraft map, but CC would die of a dome induced heart attack. Also, I don't think many people want to lose their builds again, some people are still miffed from the last time we did it. That's why I kind of hope we restart this new Multiverse map like once a year or something. That way we have a permanent world where everyone can store their stuff and build things that won't go away, and we would have a temporary world where we coulc start afresh from now and then, go exploring in, and also get all the new stuff that patches add in. It would be the best of both worlds in one Neocraft, IMHO.

Personally, I love restarting from scratch regularly. I have like two dozen single player worlds on my PC, maybe more honestly. Starting from nothing in a brand new world is half the fun of the game IMHO.

I was talking about the new multiverse Survival only map, not the actual Neocraft map :p

And yes, newly generated chunks will create new biomes, but you also get some ugly chunk border errors :p

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding, i was talking about the survival only map too. Haha, i never thought the main map would be restarted any time soon.

Ark

Because I'm an idiot and didn't backup and my computer sucks so it crashed while I'm updating, I've lost the list of users.

It also means I've lost the list of permissions. So I get to rummage through thousands of permissions commands to find the ones I need again.

Basically, please post both your MC name & the rank you had in this thread and I'll re-add you in promptly.

Tiktaalik

Jumped back into this after not playing since pre-1.0 and man is it ever great. Tons of new surprising content for me. We were hunting around in a cave and we came across an enderman, which I'd never seen before. Terrifying.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Because I'm an idiot and didn't backup and my computer sucks so it crashed while I'm updating, I've lost the list of users.

It also means I've lost the list of permissions. So I get to rummage through thousands of permissions commands to find the ones I need again.

Basically, please post both your MC name & the rank you had in this thread and I'll re-add you in promptly.

OUCH!

Mengy, Moderator.

Ark, when I get home I'll check my pc, I know I have a copy of the server files on my computer but I don't know how old they are, Most likely they are at least half a year old, but I know I have the permissions file there, so it would probably help you out quite a bit.

ShadiWulf

we all make mistakes, so don't sweat it, but yeah, re-adding everyone will be a pain i imagine... or maybe lots of people on the list completely forgot about neocraft... anyways

ShadiNeko - Citizen

Ark

OUCH!

Mengy, Moderator.

Ark, when I get home I'll check my pc, I know I have a copy of the server files on my computer but I don't know how old they are, Most likely they are at least half a year old, but I know I have the permissions file there, so it would probably help you out quite a bit.

That would be a huge help if you you could :)

By the way, what plugin did you use for the chat? I still don't know which one is controlling it.

we all make mistakes, so don't sweat it, but yeah, re-adding everyone will be a pain i imagine... or maybe lots of people on the list completely forgot about neocraft... anyways

ShadiNeko - Citizen

The issue isn't as such re-adding people, but having to remember all the permissions for each group.

CharmingCharlie = Well Hung God

This is what you people are missing by not being on Neocraft :-

Mack The Masochist said:
nsuimYd.jpg

xenoflux2113 I think my rank was Lord of making Charlie make domes for me because I was using the wrong circle tool until he yelled at me. (Regular old citizen, I should really donate)

Taffer

I haven't been on since 1.5 or so since it introduced some nasty crashiness into my game but I figure I'll need permission in case 1.6 fixed it, I want a horse enough to give MC another shot.

MilitantCactus - Donator

While I'm posting here, has anyone got any recommended methods of playing with a controller on the PC version?

Mirk

head21mirk - fallin mod xD.

That really sucks Ark! Best of luck to you sir!
Also did you lose all the mod configs too then? I would shutdown the ftb server if I had to redo that bag of cats lol.

Ark

Due to unforeseen titting-up, I've scrapped everything and we're starting the plugins from scratch! Bear with me. I'll add everyone that's posted in this thread when I've figured out permissions again.

The map hasn't been affected. Only the plugins.

Mengy

That would be a huge help if you you could :)

By the way, what plugin did you use for the chat? I still don't know which one is controlling it.

The issue isn't as such re-adding people, but having to remember all the permissions for each group.

I'm pretty sure the chat mod I ended up using was iChat. It was the only one that I could get chat colors to work with.

I sent you a copy of the text from an old permissions file I had from almost a year ago. Hope it helps.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Oh thats not BoP?

Totally ripping it off! =)
I wouldn't be surprised if like the horse update before it, they're working with the creators again. See, the great thing about MineCraft is mods end up being like previews for the future. The best ideas become part of the game.

I want that biome! I hope it can be gotten in a world that already exists. I'll delete all chunks around our working areas just to get it.

M4shy

Neo Member
We could always load new chunks for the new biomes in the next update. I suspect it isn't going to come in the near future, though.

TehMushy - Supreme Citizen

Jhriad

Jhriad - Donator

Also a list to help for users that don't frequent GAF

Tavara - Donator
dhenson - Citizen
krovan - Donator
Zolis - Citizen
priscus27 - Citizen

there's one or two more people in our group but I can't think of what their usernames are atm.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So is there a huge difference between xbox minecraft and pc? I was thinking about buying it on PC but for 26 bucks I don't know if its worth it.

Mengy

So is there a huge difference between xbox minecraft and pc? I was thinking about buying it on PC but for 26 bucks I don't know if its worth it.

An immense chasm of a difference. If you have the option of getting it for either platform, then definitely buy it for the PC. I don't know how far behind the Xbox version is on updates but last time I looked it was missing huge amounts of stuff. And that says nothing for the small worlds that the Xbox version has...

Taffer

I wouldn't say it's a massive difference in terms of normal gameplay, you'll be doing much the same thing as on the 360 version but there's a lot of stuff on the PC version not on 360 (less than when it launched on 360, I was surprised at how fast some features made it across). Having no limit on the size of the world and loading up on daft or useful mods is fantastic though. There's a differences list on the Minecraft wiki but it only mentions two updates for 360 (it's currently at TU11 I think) so it might not be 100% accurate.
If you're thinking of getting it because you're bored of it and are hoping the PC version will inspire you to waste another few dozen hours I would say don't bother, if you're still loading up the 360 version and playing away then it's absolutely worth the price of admission.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
If you're thinking of getting it because you're bored of it and are hoping the PC version will inspire you to waste another few dozen hours I would say don't bother, if you're still loading up the 360 version and playing away then it's absolutely worth the price of admission.
Ahh ok, ill wait then. Does it ever go on sale?

ShadiWulf

Ahh ok, ill wait then. Does it ever go on sale?

like M4shy said, never goes on sale. There is always a chance the price could go up though... if they feel like they got enough features to justify the increase. If you are just burnt out and think you will come back to the game at a later date it might be worth buying it now. Buy it once and you never have to buy it again. Lifetime membership, all additional updates are given for free :D

I know sometimes i get burnt out, sometimes have to take really long breaks. Can range from anywhere to a few days to a month for me depending on how I'm feeling. but I always end up coming back to it, it's just a lot of fun if you are in the right mood.

Ark

Here's the sit-rep:

Since I broke and wiped all the plugins, we're now only running PermissionsEX, Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, and of course Bukkit.

I'm trying to get chat working back the way it was before I broke everything, after that I'll put on WorldGuard and WorldEdit and also an announcer/death message plugin. And after that, should everything be working, Multiverse! With any luck, I'll be able to finish this tomorrow.

Today's victory: /sethome and /help work for everyone now!

-Minsc-

like M4shy said, never goes on sale. There is always a chance the price could go up though... if they feel like they got enough features to justify the increase. If you are just burnt out and think you will come back to the game at a later date it might be worth buying it now. Buy it once and you never have to buy it again. Lifetime membership, all additional updates are given for free :D

I know sometimes i get burnt out, sometimes have to take really long breaks. Can range from anywhere to a few days to a month for me depending on how I'm feeling. but I always end up coming back to it, it's just a lot of fun if you are in the right mood.

Indeed, Minecraft is just one of those games I can see myself coming back to again and again. Sometimes I need a break but that can be the same for anything in life.

M4shy

Neo Member

I burnt myself out since the game released (1.0). I was all against the new food system and experience bar. Until I realized how easy it is to get food now it doesn't bother me. Getting back into it now though and I'm really liking it.

Here's the sit-rep:

Since I broke and wiped all the plugins, we're now only running PermissionsEX, Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, and of course Bukkit.

I'm trying to get chat working back the way it was before I broke everything, after that I'll put on WorldGuard and WorldEdit and also an announcer/death message plugin. And after that, should everything be working, Multiverse! With any luck, I'll be able to finish this tomorrow.

Today's victory: /sethome and /help work for everyone now!

Success! Only a little more to go now..

Ranger X

Wyzdom - Donator

(would be nice to have game mode option in original Neocraft though)

QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS:
I downloaded the new launcher. Logged in and then pressed "play". Now if I try to enter a map created before 1.6 my Java platform crashes. If I try to log into Neocraft, my java platform crashes. Basically I can't play right now. What gives?

-Minsc-

Wyzdom - Donator

(would be nice to have game mode option in original Neocraft though)

QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS:
I downloaded the new launcher. Logged in and then pressed "play". Now if I try to enter a map created before 1.6 my Java platform crashes. If I try to log into Neocraft, my java platform crashes. Basically I can't play right now. What gives?

Using any mods?

Ranger X

Using any mods?

Nope. As vanilla as it gets.

I always get this crash... might be my custom skin??

Client> 2013-08-08 02:22:27 [SERVER] [INFO] Wyzdom joined the game
Client> Setting up custom skins
Game ended with bad state (exit code -805306369)
Ignoring visibility rule and showing launcher due to a game crash
Deleting C:\Users\RangerX\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\1.6.2\1.6.2-natives-441726302393530
Couldn't delete C:\Users\RangerX\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\1.6.2\1.6.2-natives-441726302393530 - scheduling for deletion upon exit

Top Bottom