• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh coming to Steam on November 7, Nioh Complete for PS4 same day

Wow, awesome. I loved the game on PS4, but got sidetracked and didn't even come close to finishing. Too bad the rest of the year is packed for new games, but I'm really glad this is happening.
Pretty much my thoughts. Wouldn't buy again but glad it's coming to Steam anyway.

Wereroku

Thanks!
What's the ratio of single-player-only missions, roughly?

Also, that's exactly 9 months after the PS4 release. Coincidence or a new exclusivity window?

Seems like it was timed to all of the DLC instead of a set time frame. That explains why they were so on point getting the Season Pass completed.

I don't know what "Yokai realm" is but the first point on that slide certainly sounds like they removed that restriction.

You have two means of co-op in Nioh, either with a random ala Souls or with a buddy in a 'lobby'.

Co-op with a buddy is different from a random- you can't use any rest points but you can revive each other so long as you have a resource in a meter. However once that meter runs out the mission is considered failed and you have to restart.

Shengar

Considering Ni-Oh popularity on the West, I hope those stupid executives on KT don't botched it with stupid attempt at aiming for Asia potato PC market. Hoping for Warriors All-Star port quality this time around.

Dinjoralo

Apparently, there will be 60 FPS. But it'll be a part of an "Action Mode", with the other option being "Movie Mode", which is at 4K 30 FPS.

I'm going to wager there won't be any graphics options besides these. It's Koei Tecmo, this wouldn't be the least absurd thing they've done.

Caim

Thanks!

Also, that's exactly 9 months after the PS4 release. Coincidence or a new exclusivity window?

Very few I wanna say less than 10, but some of the single-player only missions allow coop via Yokai Realm instead of the usually summoning method.

Thanks!

The single-player-only missions are side missions that usually involve 1v1 battles with bosses. Mostly "friendly" duels with characters from the game whom you beat to get special items. These missions typically unlock once you've cleared all the main story and some/all side quests on a map. Basically, they are few and far between and you should be able to co-op most of the game easily.

JMY86

I am a super glad this is happening. I doubt I will be in on day one with it being the same day as the Xbox One X release but I will definitely pick this up down the road...

Wereroku

Buy this game folks.

BUY THIS GAME!

The DLC has also been great. Wish they would go back and add the new enemies to the earlier levels for a bit more diversity at lower difficulty levels but at least you have that option if you use one of the higher difficulties.

jmga

Thanks!

Yakuza 0 was released in january, so probably 12 months for that one or a stealth release this month.

Durante

Very few I wanna say less than 10, but some of the single-player only missions allow coop via Yokai Realm instead of the usually summoning method.
Eh 10-15% ? It's a small enough number and most are just straight boss fights.
The single-player-only missions are side missions that usually involve 1v1 battles with bosses. Mostly "friendly" duels with characters from the game whom you beat to get special items. These missions typically unlock once you've cleared all the main story and some/all side quests on a map. Basically, they are few and far between and you should be able to co-op most of the game easily.
Thanks, sounds great.
Yokai realm is what I would use to play with a friend right?

Caim

Can't wait to use sloth again, unless they nerfed it.

It's weaker on certain bosses and higher difficulties.

Thanks.

You can play with a friend on both methods using a password like in Bloodborne.

Yokai Realm is for replaying missions in coop, you both start the mission together and share a special "assist" bar which is basically how many times you can revive eachother.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Was thinking of making this my xmas game, really delighted to see we're actually getting a PC version. Now to see what the port quality is like.....

Thanks!

Both. There's a reason why it's happening with a complete edition.
I mean, Sony distributed the game. And as I said multiple times here: This isn't a first for Koei Tecmo:
See Ninja Gaiden 1, 2 (Microsoft timed exclusive) and 3 Razor Edge (Nintendo timed exclusive).

Can't wait to use sloth again, unless they nerfed it.

I actually started using Sloth last month so not sure if it was nerfed, but it's still extremely potent and makes every boss MUCH easier, sometimes ridiculously so. I'd go as far as to say sloth is the "easy mode" of this game. I definitely used it on some bosses that were proving to be too much for me. I have no shame!

Kyoufu

Thanks.

Yokai Realm is a different mode to the standard missions.

Basically in the Yokai Realm, when your companion dies, a meter depletes by a certain amount. Once that meter has depleted fully from deaths, then it's game over. Some enemies are stronger in this mode.

In standard missions, your companion is sent back to his own world when dying like Souls games.

Thanks, sounds great.

Yokai way is the best way to play in co-op! Removes the yellow glow around you're friend as if you were to summon them in the other way like before.

Also the challenge and enemies are harder the yokai way.

Wereroku

Was thinking of making this my xmas game, really delighted to see we're actually getting a PC version. Now to see what the port quality is like.....

It should be a good performing port at the least but I could see them having the option be very limited. The movie mode is locked 30 and the performance is locked 60 so hopefully they will do a new option that lets you do a user set mode.

Yyeeeeeeeesssssssss!!

This game is awesome. I feared it would take years for a PC port knowing it was in development hell for so long.

jmga

Also note the false advertising on some regions.

E9oCUrW.jpg

Miletius

Wow, this is great. I held off on picking this up all summer long just because I had the feeling that it would make it's way to PC eventually, but I wasn't expecting 9 months!

Thanks, sounds great.

I've never really tried the Yokai realm myself, but from what people are saying it sure sounds fun! I just summoned companions the same way I do in Souls games, so I guess you can play both ways and stick to one you and your friend enjoy more.

Quick note of the Youkai Realm revive meter- You can also revive yourself when you're dead, in the event both you and your buddy died but it'll cost more of the meter.

Wereroku

I actually started using Sloth last month so not sure if it was nerfed, but it's still extremely potent and makes every boss MUCH easier, sometimes ridiculously so. I'd go as far as to say sloth is the "easy mode" of this game. I definitely used it on some bosses that were proving to be too much for me. I have no shame!

Sloth used to be crazy broken now it is just good. They cut the effect duration and I don't think it works on some enemies anymore. Apparently some of the higher difficulties make it much worse.

Top Bottom