• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

SOME-MIST

these probably aren't that rare, but they're the rarest I own..
2012-02-07211832.jpg

dodonpachi daioujou black label extra, muchi muchi pork/pink sweets, battle garegga

the only reason ddpdojblex is expensive is because of the one print run due to stolen code, and for some reason mmp/ps seemed to have a pretty limited supply.

Trokil

Banned
Nah I wish I had a single puppet, but I actually picked these both up years later and it just happened to be a sealed copy of Eternal Blue.

So you also missed the watch with Arc the lad?

The puppets are cool, i was very lucky.

And yeah

jakg.jpg

danwarb

Still have a lot of SMS, MD, Saturn and DC games somewhere, and the consoles. I don't know if any are rare.

Shenmue 1&2. Nights and Virtua Cop wth controllers. Skies of Arcadia.

I have Valkyrie Profile on PS1 (bought it new for $20) as well as the Strategy Guide.

Also, a copy of Tetris by Tengen on the NES. I remember my father finding it in a small video store years back for $2.

outsidah

I've had a few but sold most of my stuff as I didn't see much of a point keeping them all around. I do regret selling my AES stuff though... so many good memories with that system.

Not a game, but I have an N64 rumble pack that was some kind of demo model my mom's friend (nintendo sales rep) gave me. She also gave me Banjo Kazooie 1-2 weeks before release :). The rare thing about it is it doesn't use batteries, it runs off the controllers power somehow. Where you'd put in the batteries is sealed so that it's not even a different piece of plastic, it's just for show. So weird, never seen one like it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The rarest game I have nowadays is the japanese ps3 version of Vesperia lol. A few years ago I bought my brother a mint copy of Earthbound though.

I guess the rarest games I have are:

Final Fantasy 7 black label
Eternal Darkness
Persona 2: EP
Radiant Historia

If any of those are actually considered "Rare"

Uncle

Probably a boxed PC version of King of Dragon Pass. The game is on iOS these days, but I doubt there are many of the originals around.

There are actually quite a few DS games you could say are rare, though it might be more accurate to say they're merely hard to come by. The DS, more than any other system in recent history, has more games go out of print quickly than any other. There were a bunch of games I had a helluva time acquiring when I started to build my collection about a year and a half ago.

Go out and try to find a copy of Kirby Canvas Curse, for example. Or the first Ace Attorney game. Some of the Castlevanias. Dragon Quest V. Infinite Space. Radiant Historia. Even the Mario and Luigi rpg's. For a fairly recent system, it's odd how hard some games are to find.

There are actually quite a few DS games you could say are rare, though it might be more accurate to say they're merely hard to come by. The DS, more than any other system in recent history, has more games go out of print quickly than any other. There were a bunch of games I had a helluva time acquiring when I started to build my collection about a year and a half ago.

Go out and try to find a copy of Kirby Canvas Curse, for example. Or the first Ace Attorney game. Some of the Castlevanias. Dragon Quest V. Infinite Space. Radiant Historia. Even the Mario and Luigi rpg's. For a fairly recent system, it's odd how hard some games are to find.
Oh I've been trying to find it :/

I don't even care about owning it. I just wanna play it. If I knew someone who had it even that would be great.

KariOhki

Neo Member
Definitely nothing as cool as that Elemental Gearbolt case, but here's my list:

-Suikoden II
-Magic Knight Rayearth
-Valkyrie Profile (missing manual)
-Earthbound (cart and box only)
-Final Fantasy VII black label with typo
-Growlanser Generations deluxe edition
-Metroid Prime Trilogy

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition is the rarest game I own, I guess. Not really that rare, but it might be in a few years. :/

illadelph

Sadly, just Super Mario RPG.

There is nothing sad about owning Super Mario RPG.

Hmmm...I own a Metroid Prime 2 demo disc that was only given to Nintendo Power subscribers, don't know if it's worth anything. And also a RE4 demo disc that Capcom sent to me.....I don't think the Double Dash demo disc is very rare, there has to be a fairly large amount out there....

Pyccko

Off the top of my head this is about it:

-Metal Gear Solid (Ghost Babel) (Game Boy Color) with box and manual

-Lunar 1 + 2 (PSX) complete with boxes, booklets, demo discs and pre-order hand puppet

-Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GCN)

-Zelda Game & Watch Mini Classics remake

-Mega Man Legends 1 + 2 both in good condition

-Mega Man 8 for Saturn (disc only)

It probably USED to be Street Fighter Zero 3 for Saturn complete with obi strip, but I finally sold that off on Amazon last year to help me pay for my 3DS.

Nothing mega rare, but these two seem to be fetching a decent price at Amazon:

2cXUo.jpg

Atlus was teasing a possible reprint for this on Facebook, so I might have to sell this quickly.

8O86S.jpg

This one took me forever to find. After searching for a good damn while, only one I found and snatched was a display copy at some run-down Gamestop.

0iybs.jpg

This is not going for a really high price anywhere, but I think it's still a pretty nifty and unique addition to any collection. :p

It also kills me, but I used to have a copy of Suikoden II just hanging out there gathering dust and it freaking disappeared on me one day.

I don't really know what's rare. According to this thread, I own Radiant Historia, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (complete with cloth map), Earthbound + box, and Valkyrie Profile for the PSX (actually found that one used for $10 at the thrift store I used to work at).

I also still have Devil Summoner 2 still in the packaging complete with the plushie doll. I don't know if that's worth anything, but it's probably the only "rare" unopened thing I own.

Digital Devil Saga deluxe box set (unopened) and Suikoden 2 with a damaged jewel case. I don't have them with me right now so no pictures. I guess my copy of Radiant Historia is pretty rare now too, but that appears to be getting a reprint soon.

EDIT - Oh wow I didn't realize Pikmin 2 was worth so much these days. I guess you can throw that one in there.

kai3345

Banned
Not much, probably just my SMT games, theyre all opened and played so not really that rare.

Nocturne, P3, P4, Devil Summoner 2, DDS 1&2

Sold off everything, so I guess black label sealed ICO? Something tells me the improved relaunch will kill its value, but $10 at Best Buy is fine by me.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Persona 2: EP
Radiant Historia

1. got a GQD reprint back in 2005, so not as rare as it was (though sealed copies still go for a bit). They shipped a bunch of copies to gamestop (who opened them and sold as used for 40 bucks)

2. if amazon.ca is to be believed, will get a reprint next month

I don't have anything I would consider super rare. Earthbound w/box is probably worth the most. Pikmin 2 goes for a decent price. My copy of Cubivore is pretty beat up. (bought used when I actually found one)

I've got all the NA released MegaTen games (minus Demikids, Persona 1 PS1, Jack Bros)

In terms of actual small print runs (but not worth anything) Spikeout: Battle Street

edit: I've got a Panasonic Q (the drive motor sounds like it's dying though) and a gamecube broadband adapter

I don't have anything really outrageous, but I was a big JRPG fan during the SNES and PS1 years. I never had a Sega CD and only got a Saturn after I got my dreamcast, and I've never paid more than new price for any games, but a few did go up in price. I've also picked up a few things recently in Japan that are going for quite a bit more in the states.

Suikoden 2
Shining Force 3 US
Albert Odyssey
Dragon Force
The Zelda bonus discs for GC
Metroid Prime Collection
Tech Romancer
Radiant Historia
Pikmin 2 (just found out its rare in this thread, too bad I got it used without a box)
Fire Emblem PoR

Pepsiman PS1
Mother 3
Umihara Kawase DS

and a few other's I'm sure. Not really sure what else I have of value, since I haven't considered selling any games in years. I only sold off games I didn't like, with the sad exception of some DC games I wish I had not sold, particularly Hyper Magnetic Neo and power stone. Actually, I sold almost all of my DC games to pay for Metal Gear Solid 2 while I wasn't working, but I think that was the last time I sold any games.

Not sure on mine.

• SNES - Super Metroid CIB
  • Stack of AES games but nothing too major
  • Sakura Wars Ltd Edition on Dreamcast with all the soundtracks and custom mem card - unopened
  • a few full cave PCB kits with marquee, stickers etc
  • Virtual Fighter on the Sega Game Gear (Kids Gear) edition
  • sealed copy of Shaq fu! LOL!
  • and a few Saturn/3DO/Mega CD games all sealed
  • Shenmue II PAL on Dreamcast.

Theres a lot more but i cant remember. i have more rare consoles than games.

-PSO Episodes 1+2 for Gamecube (Not Plus, I think, but still pretty rare nonetheless.)

-Skies of Arcadia Legends for Gamecube.

-And possibly the Ocarina of Time/Maste Quest promo disc for Gamecube. Remember picking it up from a Circuit City certainly months after Wind Waker came out - just straight up bought it for either $5 or $15 I think (didn't get it via pre-order.)

And I'm sure at least a couple of my old GB, GBC, or GBA games are rarer.

One interesting thing I have is the Metroid Prime Hunters [First Hunt] demo cartridge that came with the launch DS. That can't be too common.

I remember a long time ago trading in Kirby's Star Stacker (sort of like Tetris - pretty cool game) and I got extra money for it because the guy at the counter said it was rarer. Couldn't have been more than 10 at the time though. I know it's rare still now, but it's not worth too much.

Raide

Pre release versions of Fur Fighters and F355 Challenge for DC. Also have my Chu Chu Rocket that SEGA sent out for the Dreamarena access.

Top Bottom