• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CIVILIZATION VI |OT| He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

safe_image.php

Can't wait!

Zoator

Civilization VI's Sogno di Volare live at Cadogan Hall

The official channel just uploaded this. I'd slap it onto the OP as thread theme, cause it's great.

While this live performance is great, I highly recommend listening to the studio orchestra recording that is currently up on iTunes and Amazon, and should be up on YouTube later today (see Christopher Tin's Twitter). The orchestration and recording quality are in a different league and really make this song incredible.

tmespe

Damn...so it Unlocked earlier for you guys?

Yes. It unlocks in AU, NZ and Asia in ~3 hours and 50 minutes.

Steps, for those unfamiliar:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change your password via the the desktop client
1) Download and install FlyVPN (20-minute session limit) TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (500MB bandwidth limit).
3) Connect to a server in Australia, New Zealand or Asia
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

Just follow this.

TunnelBear ran out of data and FlyVPN disconnected mid decryption. I think I'll just wait at this point.
edit: Looks like Stellaris may have tried updating which might be why TB ran out of data. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

StonedRider

I've put more than 800 hours in Civ5.
Of course, Civ6 is preordered and I can't wait to start playing. I have a week long vacation just in time.

Anno

Hey cool they have the seed ID in advanced start options now incase you want to replay specific maps. I don't think that was there in V? Maybe I'm crazy.

Sitting at work and reading these threads is like torture.

It's like being stuck inside in a body cast looking out the window while all your friends are out playing... and then the Monopoly Man shows up and starts handing out Ferraris.

Merino

Early unlock worked *O*

Got a few good beers (Westmalle Tripple), smoked mackerel on toasted baquette with peper and olive oil, a big bag of Cannabis Sativa and no work untill monday.

See you on the other side great leaders of civilizations!

GRaider81

Rather than VPN'ing it im going to play some of the new Stellaris and Total Warhammer DLC.

Soon as midnight hits though, its going to be a long, long night!

My only regret in not getting Civ 6 on Steam. I have to wait until the game is delivered to me from Amazon tomorrow. Hopefully won't take too long to install. Still, saved around £15 which I'll now spend on a curry and some cider!

epmode

So, unlocking early through VPN, are Steam typically cool with that or is it a breach of TOS?

It's technically against the TOS but Valve hasn't penalized a single account for doing it.

Using a VPN to purchase products from different regions is another story. Don't do that.

I wasn't going to buy this on day one, but who the fuck was I kidding?

I have a Target coupon, so I'm hoping I can just get my Steam code in nice packaging for cheaper than if I bought it on Steam straight up.

Hari Seldon

Fuck it, taking a half day tomorrow since I gotta wait for amazon to deliver it anyway. I really like Friday releases, feels like a holiday.

Sarek

Early unlock worked *O*

Got a few good beers (Westmalle Tripple), smoked mackerel on toasted baquette with peper and olive oil, a big bag of Cannabis Sativa and no work untill monday.

See you on the other side great leaders of civilizations!

Anyone got a guide how to unlock this early?

Papilloma

I've unlocked it with the VPN trick. 1st game I've done it with since Xcom 2. I think I may like Firaxis games! Now to get the kids to bed!!

BashNasty

For anyone who's never tried using a VPN for unlocking games early on steam, do it! It works great and Valve doesn't care at all. I've used VPN for unlocking things many, many times on both Steam and Origin.

Brokun

Unfortunately this isnt working for me. Doh!

Hmm, this definitely worked for me. Going into Steam settings and deleting the download cache. Steam will exit by itself and then delete the cache in the background (you'll hear your hard drive working) and then restart by itself. Wait for this process.

Top Bottom