• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Animator

Jeez, the low population for this game is a crime! How people are playing BF1 over this gold is beyond me.

Lack of maps for me. I love the game but the small amount of maps we have available got old long ago especially considering I only enjoy playing like four of the maps including Angel City and the rest are trash tier.

Also R6 Siege mid season update came out so I have no incentive to go back to tf2 at the moment.

Arttemis

PC? I dont understand that at all. How many total are playing? PS4 is just cruising with every game mode it seems.

Yeah, PS4 in the US has no problems. That said, I still sympathize with anyone on any platform unable to play this game due to lack of players.

Animator

No I don't know.

Every FPS is struggling on PC tbh.
Even Overwatch MM takes AGES

That is not due to lack of players, that is how Overwatch MMR works.

Every FPS is struggling on pc, lmao what? Siege, CS, Team Fortress, Overwatch, BF1 and a ton of others have a ton of players.

Siege has 21k on steam alone right now. So it is at least double that on uplay right now. Thats like 70k concurrent players on a Thursday morning when the majority are at work. No, FPS is not struggling on PC. Titanfall is.

deoee

That is not due to lack of players, that is how Overwatch MMR works.

Every FPS is struggling on pc, lmao what? Siege, CS, Team Fortress, Overwatch, BF1 and a ton of others have a ton of players.

Siege has 21k on steam alone right now. So it is at least double that on uplay right now. Thats like 70k concurrent players on a Thursday morning when the majority are at work. No, FPS is not struggling on PC. Titanfall is.

Ok let me rephrase that :D

Every FPS falls short and Titanfall has the problem it has many many playlists which even further split the thin playerbase.
Siege has had a great comeback (I play it myself).

Titanfall would be really doing fine if it was one playlist like in most of the games you mention.

Izuna

Banned
<3

5882761808.png

--

sadly, my last train in a couple of hours so unless I rush the editing I don't think I can get this done here. I'll try, though.

TheRed

Honestly I think a factor is the amount of hugely popular free games on PC. Mostly MOBAs like LoL and Dota 2. You can play for hundreds of hours with tons of depth to learn all the time, that if you are dedicated to getting better in them you have no time to play other games. Also since all of the enjoyable gameplay is completely free there's not a big draw to go spending money on new games.

I went back to playing Dota 2 now with its big update that just came out, after playing a few matches I haven't had time to play Titanfall. I've been playing some other games too but still. My point is there are huge audiences that are dedicated to just 1 game, and it's not just for a year or two. It's for many many years and even decades. LoL and Dota cover millions of players and CS:GO is basically the default PC shooter for competitive players with millions of players too, it's also way cheaper, CS audience will mostly just play that game even if they've been playing it for 10 years now.

My point is you don't really see that on consoles because they've had to move on to the new consoles and their more looking for new games with it. A single game doesn't really stay growing for 3+ years on console. More people are willing to jump to the next new game at launch after a year of the last game they got into. On PC most multi-player people are happy staying with their old game unless they get a lot of convincing. It doesn't mean it's not possible to become successful in the market over time. Rainbow Six Siege was very small too and consistent updates and communication about upcoming additions have built the community up into being really solid. It just took a year of work after launch rather than getting a lot of players up front. I think that's because PC players don't want to ditch their game they're playing until they see that the devs are really committed to supporting it and that just takes time.

Plus there's stuff like being on Origin and people unnecessarily against it. Siege is at least on steam too and that helps get those type of people in. If it was just on Steam. I'm sure it would have a bigger community already.

Animator

Ok let me rephrase that :D

Every FPS falls short and Titanfall has the problem it has many many playlists which even further split the thin playerbase.
Siege has had a great comeback (I play it myself).

Titanfall would be really doing fine if it was one playlist like in most of the games you mention.

I agree with the playlist issue. They need to remove like %80 of it imo. Just keep Attrition, pilot vs pilot, bounty and hardpoint and make a "solo queue no groups" playlist.

Respawn need to be much much more active in supporting this game then they are currently. There needs to be events every weekend that unlock skins and stuff and more frequent map releases.

deoee

I agree with the playlist issue. They need to remove like %80 of it imo. Just keep Attrition, pilot vs pilot, bounty and hardpoint and make a "solo queue no groups" playlist.

Respawn need to be much much more active in supporting this game then they are currently. There needs to be events every weekend that unlock skins and stuff and more frequent map releases.

Yesterday in the Dev-stream Jay said that most of the team is currently on vacation because shipping a AAA title is exhausting like crazy.
I'm pretty sure he said we will get more frequent updates starting 2017

Animator

Yesterday in the Dev-stream Jay said that most of the team is currently on vacation because shipping a AAA title is exhausting like crazy.
I'm pretty sure he said we will get more frequent updates starting 2017

I hope so. A roadmap will help a ton. That is one thing Siege did right early on. And Siege didn't have the good reviews Titanfall has. In fact most review sites wrongly wrote it off as "pay to win".

Respawn has an amazing game at their hands here that deserves success.

Mupod

well I'm not playing again until SLI is fixed. Funny thing is if you update your nvidia drivers it breaks it completely. Progress!

deoee

well I'm not playing again until SLI is fixed. Funny thing is if you update your nvidia drivers it breaks it completely. Progress!

SLI is so not worth it it seems...
Every other game does not work or patches cause new issues.

And yes, a Roadmap (tomorrow maybe???) would really really help :v

Vipu

Banned

If they reduce playlists then it should be BH, pvp, lts, ctf and mixtape to take people randomly to all playlists.

I really need a good song. Montage taking more time than I thought primarily because I fell out of love with the one I started with.

deoee

I don't play Bounty Hunt ever since I realized that AI don't count for weapon kill leveling.

I gain more weapon level when i play Attrition. I'll keep doing it till I level my stuff to Gen2.

SwolBro

Banned
Ok, found my fun gun after volt nerf.

Alternator+extended Magz+gunrunner . Now This is fun!!!! Why can't they make more guns this way? And cater to this type of gun play?

This setup might even be my go to for CTF

Heel

Quote to reveal a Buffalo Wild Wings skin for Titanfall. Expires today.
83GF-VLTB-B9DZ-GLVG 83GF-VLTB-B9DZ-GLVG 83GF-VLTB-B9DZ-GLVG Redeem at titanfall.com/redeem
Enjoy!

SwolBro

Banned
here i am parkouring like crazy, killing people with moves and strafing, and then there's this douche camping a roof the whole game with a hemlok.

sigh.. hurry up Respawn this is getting tiresome.

I really need a good song. Montage taking more time than I thought primarily because I fell out of love with the one I started with.
Do you realize - Flaming lips
Feel right- Mark Ronson
Freedom - Beyonce ft Kendrick
Treat me like your mother - Dead weather
Kick out the jams - Mc5

It was like this after release then rose to about 6-8k and now it's back to it's shit numbers :(
I wonder if PC players just don't like arena-style shooters anymore. All the reasons people gave for dropping Titanfall 1 don't apply to Titanfall 2, and yet people are still leaving the game behind a couple months after release.

It's weird to say, but that technical test was probably the biggest blessing and curse possible. It's great that it allowed so many things to be fixed before release, but the perception of the game never really recovered.

Top Bottom