• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Target shipped someone an Xbox One already? [Update: console-banned until launch]

Alebrije

vegeta_shocked_9000_by_wortmann-d6drw47.gif

I bet there are those who would pay that kind of money but aren't sure this is a legit system. The guy will probably have to turn it on and post pics.

Hawk269

I'm confused. I thought all Xbox Ones on launch day were day one editions....I mean, it is day ONE.

Nope Standard Editions will also be available on Day 1. Most Day 1 editions (Black Box) are for people that reserved the unit, then there will also be the Standard Editions (Green Box) also available on Day 1. Most likely the way that person scored one is that the Day 1 versions are mainly for Reserves.

Kajiba

Nope Standard Editions will also be available on Day 1. Most Day 1 editions (Black Box) are for people that reserved the unit, then there will also be the Standard Editions (Green Box) also available on Day 1. Most likely the way that person scored one is that the Day 1 versions are mainly for Reserves.

Ahh okay. Didn't know the other xbox's will come in green. Thought they was all going to be black.

Darksol

This is an insanely stupid policy. How is it the consumer's fault that the retailer sold it early?

Indeed. Pretty harsh to punish the customer. But we've seen them do it with many game releases in the past; I definitely wouldn't risk my system to game a little earlier than expected.

Trojan X

Banned
$10k BIN price and the guy doesn't even offer free shipping.

Nobody's going to pay that kind of price, so why bother asking?

Don't be surprised, there is always an idiot out there. We would all like to think that any buyer would do their research first but they won't. A fool and their money always part company, especially if they got more money than sense.

That mentioning of the money going to a good cause is obviously garbage. It's simple exploitation via sympathy.

As Mr T would say, I pity the fool that would buy the machine at that, or any other dear price, from that guy.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
0 bids, 4 days left, 0 games to play and no patch to make it work. I'd pay so much more than is being asked. I can't wait to pointlessly stare at it. Lol.

drproton

LAST WEEK, I WAS ABLE TO GET ONTO THE TARGET.COM PRE-ORDER WEBSITE FOR A VERY BRIEF MOMENT AND PRE-ORDERS WERE AVAILABLE FOR THE XBOX ONE. I PLACED MY ORDER AND RECEIVED EMAIL CONFIRMATION RIGHT AWAY, HOWEVER THE XBOX ONE DIDN'T SHOW UP IN MY ORDER HISTORY AND SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED TOTALLY FROM TARGETS WEBSITE. I FOUND IT WEIRD THAT THE PRE-ORDER WAS TAKEN DOWN ONLY 1-2 MINUTES LATER. ANYWAYS, I THEN IMMEDIATELY RECEIVED AN EMAIL WITH A UPS TRACKING NUMBER STATING THE CONSOLE IS BEING PACKAGED FOR SHIPMENT. APPARENTLY, THERE WAS A MAJOR GLITCH AND SCREW-UP FROM THEIR END AND THIS ONE CONSOLE SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS. I ASSUME MANY VENDORS MAY HAVE SOME IN THEIR FACTORIES AND MUST ABIDE BY THE GUIDELINES TO NOT SHIP THESE OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER 22ND.

Yeah he writes like a Special Ed Teacher.

sorry

iBuzz7S

Banned
This is going to be hilarious. For years now, almost every retailer has gotten away with shipping games out early. Let's see if Target or any other retailer gets fined for shipping a console 2 weeks before launch!

At the same time, I wish it was me. Even if it means just browsing the dashboard for 2 weeks, it's better than nothing.

rjinaz

I notice the guy that was selling the xbox one for "charity" is selling two PS4s for marked up prices as well. I am considering doing the same, don't get me wrong, but it kind of ruins his charity credibility there.

Persona7

Banned
Has it been confirmed that the day one patch isn't available yet? If I remember correctly MS uses an automated system to issue the patches.

Megasoum

Banned
Has it been confirmed that the day one patch isn't available yet? If I remember correctly MS uses an automated system to issue the patches.

Automated or not, the patch needs to be ready for it to be available. Unlease they have a unfinished version up on XBL right now.

Top Bottom