• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

lupinko

Wtf Roger isn't in this because of animal activists?! What about Alex!

No, Roger isn't in the game because they didn't feel like putting Roger in. Roger Jr can still be in as dlc (since Roger is a legacy character, it would be free dlc).

You can get a Roger hat in the game, and both Kuma and Panda are in the game, so lol at the animal activist crap.

TaterTots

Banned
When Tekken 6 released I was so hype. I bought the collectors edition that came with the cheap fight stick. Spent a ton of time in the lab and was ready to go online for some matches.......worst online experience I ever had. Dropped the game because of it. I pre purchased Tekken 7 on Steam, I hope the netplay is a lot better.

Honestly, I thought I had it all folded out when I decided to share my own pic.

Tried searching and instead took some of my own:

Was just an empty case to add your own collection to.
Oh I see. So it just came with Tekken 5 and empty slots for all the rest of the games. Still, I think it looks really cool. Thanks for sharing the photos, I didn't even know about this till now
Actually, the CE box is empty.
You still had to buy the games (sans T5) separately.

IIRC the set was somewhere between $100 and $150.
damn, the set with just Tekken 5 included alone ranged from 100-150? if it was closer to the former perhaps I would have considered but that sounds quite pricy imo

who am I kidding though if they did that for Tekken 7 I'd probably cave lol

Oh I see. So it just came with Tekken 5 and empty slots for all the rest of the games. Still, I think it looks really cool. Thanks for sharing the photos, I didn't even know about this till now
damn, the set with just Tekken 5 included alone ranged from 100-150? if it was closer to the former perhaps I would have considered but that sounds quite pricy imo

who am I kidding though if they did that for Tekken 7 I'd probably cave lol
Regular game case and game, 10th anniversary artbook, fight stick and special case for $120 iirc.

Noticed a bundle which includes the Hori Fighting Stick Mini 4, does anyone know if that's a stick worth getting? I don't have a stick for my PS4 and probably wouldn't shell out the money for a full sized one so the mini might be ok for me.

Yeah, you can see it and the box it came in in that initial post I shared with my collection (top right corner).
when i first looked at that picture, i didn't look closely enough to see that the box had an image of the 1-6 set collection. i thought that CE box was just the game coming with the stick

when i first looked at that picture, i didn't look closely enough to see that the box had an image of the 1-6 set collection. i thought that CE box was just the game coming with the stick
I'm now questioning what the artbook came with. Doesn't show it on the box. Maybe with the strategy guide?

Fraeon

No, Roger isn't in the game because they didn't feel like putting Roger in. Roger Jr can still be in as dlc (since Roger is a legacy character, it would be free dlc).

You can get a Roger hat in the game, and both Kuma and Panda are in the game, so lol at the animal activist crap.

I thought the whole activist thing was a joke from Harada, really.

But yeah, kind of a shame. Roger was one of my sub chars so I need to replace him with someone. Probably gonna be Akuma... or Kat/Chloe.

Numb

It sure was cool to get the we are tekken edition of Tag 2 and the artbook that comes with it being just panels that you could access even in the default game..

sarcoa

I saw people making playlists.

Unless I'm missing (or haven't unlocked) something this appears to be limited to Tekken 7 tracks. Tracks from every past game are in there, but only with game-spanning preset or shuffle options.

I saw people making playlists.

Unless I'm missing (or haven't unlocked) something this appears to be limited to Tekken 7 tracks. Tracks from every past game are in there, but only with game-spanning preset or shuffle options.
Can you explain this better? Because there was a stream that showed slots for each specific game, one with all of the logos, and also 3 custom slots.

And I didn't even know how that worked. So I'm just curious what you mean and how it works.

DSix

Banned
Ready to show my elite Tekken 3 and TTT ancient skills, please tell me the game plays the same. ;_;

You wont be lost. Generally people have become better at footsies because everybody can watch and learn from Korean play nowadays.
But from a pure gameplay feel and mechanic standpoint? The core is still the same Tekken. You'll just have to learn the new character moves and combos.

The one really new mechanic is rage (and the rage arts), but it's easy to assimilate.

sarcoa

Can you explain this better? Because there was a stream that showed slots for each specific game, one with all of the logos, and also 3 custom slots.
There are slots for each specific game with corresponding logos for each game. Accessing them presents two options; shuffle and preset.

When you access the empty slots (playlists) all it provides for selection are Tekken 7 tracks.

This seems insane but I really don't see any other options.

There are slots for each specific game with corresponding logos for each game. Accessing them presents two options; shuffle and preset.

When you access the empty slots (playlists) all it provides for selection are Tekken 7 tracks.

This seems insane but I really don't see any other options.
Weird. Maybe day one patch?

Thanks for the reply and info.

Actually, that makes sense to keep all of that music off the disc? Not sure.

Wtf Roger isn't in this because of animal activists?! What about Alex!
wait, I thought this was a joke. Roger, a fake, fictional, computerized, made-up-of-pixels kangaroo is not in the game because animal rights activists complained about him? Wtf sort of rights does a fucking animated animal have? smh

You wont be lost. Generally people have become better at footsies because everybody can watch and learn from Korean play nowadays.
But from a pure gameplay feel and mechanic standpoint? The core is still the same Tekken. You'll just have to learn the new character moves and combos.

The one really new mechanic is rage (and the rage arts), but it's easy to assimilate.

I am so relieved, back in the day all that I played for a while was T3 and TTT, glad I can port some muscle memory from those times.

cordy

Banned
Yeah that Roger thing was a joke. He's just not in because he's just not in. Mind you Kuma and Panda are in the game.

has anybody else preordered the game on Ps4 with amazon? I have it preordered for $51, with tax it comes out to $56 and I just told a friend about it and apparently the sub-msrp price is now $58.

so was it a price error when it was on sale for $51?

Two Words

I just revisited the 90s Tekken animated movie, and it actually holds up pretty well.

They did screw up by not going with the canon ending though.

raw

cordy

Banned
I think the issue with the T7 OST is that while there are some good tracks, some of the bad tracks IMO have been arguably the worst in Tekken's entire history. For reference, here's my first playlist that I'll change with Jukebox Mode. Since we can at least do 3, I'm going to switch them up a few times.
Character Select - Are You Ready? (Character Select) (T2)
Dragon's Nest - Dragon's Nest "To Those Who Go To Heaven" (T5)
Dragon's Nest (Final Round) - Garden of the Tiger (T5DR)
Mishima Building - Same
Mishima Building (Final Round) - Same
Mishima Dojo - Same
Mishima Dojo - Same
Duomo Di Sirio - Old version
Duomo Di Sirio (Final Round) - Old version
Infinite Azure - Same
Infinite Azure (Final Round) - Same
Twilight Conflict - Same
Twilight Conflict (Final Round) - Same
Arctic Snowfall - Moonlight Wilderness (T5)
Arctic Snowfall (Final Round) - Snow Castle (T5DR)
Souq - Lei Wulong Arranged (T3)
Souq (Final Round) - Same
G. Corp Helipad Day - Dragon's Nest (T7)
G. Corp Helipad Day (Final Round) - Dragon's Nest (Final Round) (T7)
G. Corp Helipad Night - Authentic Sky (T4)
G. Corp Helipad Night (Final Round) - Lightning Storm (T6)
Violet Systems - Same
Violet Systems (Final Round) - Same
Arena - The Strongest Iron Arena - Silver Mix - (TTT2)
Arena (Final Round) - Paul Phoenix Arranged (T3)
Geometric Plane - Same
Geometric Plane (Final Round) - Mystic Forest (T6)
Kinder Gym - Same
Kinder Gym (Final Round) - Same
Jungle Outpost - Same
Jungle Outpost (Final Round) - Same
Abandoned Temple - Same
Abandoned Temple (Final Round) - Same
Devil's Pit - Same
Devil's Pit (Final Round) - Same
Forgotten Realm - Bryan Fury (T3)
Forgotten Realm (Final Round) - Quiet Interim Report (T2)
Precipice of Fate - Same
Precipice of Fate (Final Round) - Same
Brimstone and Fire - Same
Brimstone and Fire (Final Round) - Same

If you're using Jukebox you can copy this list and put what songs you want to switch out.

BHK3

Banned
When Tekken 6 released I was so hype. I bought the collectors edition that came with the cheap fight stick. Spent a ton of time in the lab and was ready to go online for some matches.......worst online experience I ever had. Dropped the game because of it. I pre purchased Tekken 7 on Steam, I hope the netplay is a lot better.
Has there been any word on netcode improvements from ttt2? T6 and ttt2 were online travesties for me

LowParry

Has there been any word on netcode improvements from ttt2? T6 and ttt2 were online travesties for me

Uh, if TTT2 was bad for you...T7 is probably going to be bad. However, TTT2 has probably one of the best netcodes out there. The fact that T7 was built around online should be good indication that it will be fine.

MoogleMan

has anybody else preordered the game on Ps4 with amazon? I have it preordered for $51, with tax it comes out to $56 and I just told a friend about it and apparently the sub-msrp price is now $58.

so was it a price error when it was on sale for $51?

Amazon's prices fluctuate frequently. It probably just jumped back up in price from you bought it to when your friend did.
If you have prime, it comes out to $48+tax because of the prime discount. Same with best buy gcu.

Demoskinos

Had to fight to get my pre-order settled since PSN randomly decided to stop recognizing my card but bought some pre-paid cards and go myself sorted out.

Can't wait to get my hands on Akuma. Its so bizarre that he still has a super meter.

Looks Like I'm gonna buy through Gamersgate for $61.49. I know CDKeys is cheaper, but I'd rather get Eliza as well. I wish the PC version was getting a collector's edition. It would be nice to have as a centerpiece for the rest of my Tekken games.

Looks like this will also be my personal workaround. Thanks.

Top Bottom