• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

gameplay record pauses during cutscenes...I have an elgato so I dont really care, I just need to find a way to disable the notifications.

EDIT: Sweet found it. Now that shit wont show if I do stream from elgato

Jubern

Question about the remake that is kind of a spoiler :
I hated the final dungeon the first time around, thought it was incredibly tedious despite the fact all my characters were at decent levels... Was it tweaked in any way ?

I'm seriously considering starting on Easy because of that part...

Also, did they change the leveling system or do you still need to level everyone separately, at an excruciatingly slow speed?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Question about the remake that is kind of a spoiler :
I hated the final dungeon the first time around, thought it was incredibly tedious despite the fact all my characters were at decent levels... Was it tweaked in any way ?

I'm seriously considering starting on Easy because of that part...

Also, did they change the leveling system or do you still need to level everyone separately, at an excruciatingly slow speed?
You still level separately yes. As for that area I don't think it was changed.

Redx508

I think someone forgot to lower the "motion blur" effect slider is a bit too much
having a hard time getting use to it

JayEH

Super excited to play this. Granted I wouldn't be buying this right away if it wasn't for the XV demo but this on its own seems really good.

Ok. In the first post Kagari said it won't be available until Tuesday Digitally on the NA PSN for whatever reason.

Will it be available at midnight Tuesday morning or during the middle of the day?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is difficultly tied to trophies? I would hate to beat it twice just to have to beat it a third or fourth time due to playing it on easy...

I don't believe so, no. But you can only get some rewards by playing on Officer so you need those for trophies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Super pumped! I was watching people play on Live on PlayStation last night, and it got me totally hyped. Thursday feels so far away. @_@

So as you need to level everyone separately can you use the same party for pretty much whole game or are there sections where you are forced to use specific characters for story reasons?

Thoraxes

So hyped to replay this one. My copy is ready for pickup tommorow.

Also, never forget this game brought us this legendary post from the announcement thread:
Hey Square, go die in a fire you worthless POS company.

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

As the owner of a PS4 and a Vita please go swallow glass.

Also, never forget this game brought us this legendary post from the announcement thread:
That post is a little bit hilarious since I'm pretty sure the fan-translation moved up their release just to get it out before the announcement.

Don't really know anything about Type-0 at all, but I talked myself into pre-ordering this just for Episode Duscae and I've been in a JRPG/Final Fantasy type of mood recently - it led me to trying to start up FFXIII again which didn't help at all. Hopefully Type-0 will keep me busy for the week leading up to Bloodborne!

Elginer

I really hope this is good. I'm jumpin back into the Final Fantasy series after the abysmal at least to me XIII series of games.

Jubern

You still level separately yes. As for that area I don't think it was changed.

Aw, that's too bad... You can't change difficulties during a playthrough right ?

Decisions, decisions...

So as you need to level everyone separately can you use the same party for pretty much whole game or are there sections where you are forced to use specific characters for story reasons?

There are a few moments where you need to use more than one team. Maybe just one? I'm not too sure anymore.

Game is brutal though, you can die in just a few hits. So you need to be pretty good or have a few decent reserve characters.

Victrix

*beard*
I really hope this is good. I'm jumpin back into the Final Fantasy series after the abysmal at least to me XIII series of games.

The irony being lots of people jumping back in... with a four year old game.

At least it appears to be a good one :D

komorebi

So find 3 characters you like and stick with them. I can live with that.

On PSP I rotated nine characters (3 teams) because sometimes I would bite off more than I could chew and people would start dropping like flies. You don't want to get in a situation where a reserve comes in and is severely underleveled, even if it doesn't happen often. Plus all the characters are cool so its hard to stick with only three.

I been watching some streams. I really need to get this but it's too close to bloodborne. Looks like a ton of fun and pretty addictive. Hyped!

Elginer

The irony being lots of people jumping back in... with a four year old game.

At least it appears to be a good one :D

I really hope so. This should keep me busy along with Bloodborne till June shows up with Batman and The Elder Scrolls Online. Been on a kick of only getting games with replay value. Had a friend beat the imported PSP game and said he spent about 85 hours on it.

For those of you that have beaten the game before, what characters ended up being your "dream team"? There's too many characters for me to experiment with due to other games like Bloodborne and RE Rev2 coming out around the same time frame so I'd prefer to just know what to gun for and power through to experience the story. All the more so if I'm going to have to play multiple times to get all of the story. Does the game make you use all the characters? Or can I get away with just building up three or four?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Those asking about the changing of difficulty, you can change the difficulty at a save point (aka relic point) when you're not on a mission.

Been playing for a few hours since yesterday. Camera feels better than the PSP version but the motion blur takes time to get use to.

Remember SPP, the points you have to grind for in multiplayer? They've changed it so that you get points for allowing Akademia assistance during mission. Which is what they should have done so in the first place so I welcome this change. Those rewards for achieving certain conditions with certain characters (like "Rem collected 10 phantoma) is also now unlocked through normal mission play and not multiplayer only like on the PSP.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, been waiting for this. Will probably play on Cadet mode just to see the story, cause this is my first time playing through it. Nice OT!

Geg

lmao that thread is crazy. It feels like there's only a fraction of the amount of people excited for this now that it's coming out as there was in that thread though.

I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play Type-0 before Bloodborne comes out, but I'm still excited for it. I'm curious about trying it out, but I'll probably wait to do a full playthrough until after I'm done with Bloodborne. Hopefully my copy should arrive tomorrow.

Ralemont

not me
On PSP I rotated nine characters (3 teams) because sometimes I would bite off more than I could chew and people would start dropping like flies. You don't want to get in a situation where a reserve comes in and is severely underleveled, even if it doesn't happen often. Plus all the characters are cool so its hard to stick with only three.

Good to know. Do reserves get any exp?

rybrad

Does this require grinding or can you just switch out regularly without everyone ending up too low level to progress? I am not against grinding if needed, just want to plan things correct from the start.

rotar2

Neo Member
Picking this up from Gamestop at midnight! So excited to finally play it, since my PSP died shortly after importing the JPN version and never got around to replacing it.

Top Bottom