• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Actually I see the price for Rock Band 2 isnt that expensive could I technically buy a new copy of it for the code, buy a used copy of rb3 to export and that would work?

Do the old codes not work anymore? I feel like I somehow missed this.

RB3 doesn't have an export feature at this time.

*edit*

I misunderstood. I think you have to contact EA to get RB2 to export.

I find this kind of annoying too. It would be nice if Harmonix added a variable to all the songs to determine this, so that the singer isn't completely random, but it's by no means a deal breaker.

I could be wrong but I think they already have that in place. The games defaulted to the gender of the actual vocalist, but your custom player would override the default and that's where the problem would arise. It'd be nice if you could opt in to "linking" two characters if you wanted to avoid that scenario.

GamerJM

Banned
Hyped, unfortunately can't play for a while since I live in university housing and I'll have to wait until I can go to my parents' house.

DarkOneX

I just don't know why I'd have to contact EA support though. Is this code expired or something?

Ya I've never got a straight answer or an answer period I don't think on this. If I have Rock Band 2 + manual with the code, do I have to buy RB3 and can I import it into that or do I still have to call EA for some reason?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
My xbox one won't open the games manager anymore, after queuing up a bunch of DLC songs I think. :((((

edit: downloading an update for another game unclogged it :D

ryseing

Guitar bundle still preparing for shipment. Agh.

Saw a wired mic on Amazon for $12 so think I'm going to pick one of those up and try to find a cheap PS3 guitar locally.

Goddamn it should have jumped on the sale earlier. Web store now has all tracks at $1.99 and I don't have access to my PS3 ATM.

Uncle AJ

If I already exported my RB2, Lego, Green Day and Blitz libraries into RB3 on 360, will it matter that those exports have "expired?" when I move everything over to XB1?

Gorger

Support this game, people. Really glad to see the good reviews, in spite of the missing features. Really surprised about no online play, but Harmonix is an awesome studio with a lot of integrety. If features are missing, I highly doubt its due to cynical corporate bullshit, we need to send them the message that its worth all of thier time and effort to rejuvinate the game, and for doing the right thing by prioritizing the ability for us to transfer over our DLC and use legacy instruments. I really hope this does well so the DLC train keeps going, and those missing features are added as updates or in a sequel.

Right. I was also very bummed when online was scrapped, having played it exclusively for 8 years and having a huge network of online friends I played regularly with, it's a damn shame I can't continue playing with them in RB4. Now I will only play the game alone since I don't have anyone else to play the game with :(

Fortunately there is a chance that online will be included in the future. Harmonix have said that RB4 is their main platform that they will keep updating, improving and expanding with both free and paid content instead of just making sequels. Since online is pretty much on top of the most wanted list hopefully we will see its return sometime in 2016, but that also depends on how successful the game is and how much we beg for it.

It will be exciting to see how RB4 looks like in one year from now. It might be a very different game from what we got at release, cause let's be honest it's very bare compared to all the flavor RB3 had with only the most core of features included. It will take a long time before RB4 has reached RB3's level of content.

Some features I know people have been asking for includes:

- The return of RBN, RB3 and cancelled DLC
- Better character creator, ability to customize the whole band.
- Making custom setlists
- The return of pro instruments and piano (will most likely never happen)
- ION support (For Xbox 1)
- Practice mode
- More detailed stats overview after each song

I just don't know why I'd have to contact EA support though. Is this code expired or something?

Ya I've never got a straight answer or an answer period I don't think on this. If I have Rock Band 2 + manual with the code, do I have to buy RB3 and can I import it into that or do I still have to call EA for some reason?

Yeah Im contemplating buying a new copy if its as easy as just doing that. 20 bucks for a new copy is easier than dealing with CS.

Anybody have reasons why the old codes wont work? Did they expire?

Great OT!! I am REALLY excited for this! I have the Game + Guitar bundle arriving tomorrow and I plan on jamming out tomorrow night! I am still bumming out about the lack of ION support on Xbone though :(

opoth

Banned
- The return of pro instruments and piano (will most likely never happen)

Take it with a grain of salt, they seem to have kept the keys charts intact (songs that had keys support on RB3 have significantly larger file sizes)

Hm, was going through and downloading legacy dlc on my console and had a few that were asking me to buy them even though I owned them. I skipped listing free packs and such but listed weird singles missing from packs and packs in general.

Going to update this list as I come across them:

Average White Band - Pick Up the Pieces
Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
Boys like Girls - The Great Escape
DevilDriver - Clouds Over California
Disturbed - Indestructible
All of The Doors
Dream Theater - Constant Motion
Electric Six - Gay Bar
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Little Wing (just plain delisted)
Judas Priest - Eat Me Alive (just plain delisted)
Killswitch Engage - My Curse
Lights Resolve - Dreaming of Love
Locksley - All
Machine Head - Aesthetics of Hate
The Material - Moving to Seattle
Megadeth - Sleepwalker
Night Ranger - Don't Tell Me You Love Me (just plain delisted)
Ozzy pack missing songs, also not letting me download those listed without paying again
RHCP - All
Silversun Pickups - Sort Of, Panic Switch
Snoop Dogg - All
Spinal Tap - All
System of a Down - B.Y.O.B. and Toxicity
The Used - Blood on My Hands (just plain delisted)
Vesuvius - Promised Land

In other news, I can't download the Frank Turner song that I missed previously. It shows up in the RB3 store, but I get an error when I try to download it.

MajorMane

Nice OT!

Been out of town over the weekend, so I've been unable to play Rock Band 4 since Thursday night. It's just been sitting there, waiting, and man have I been itching to get back at it.

They will bring back Keys and it will backwards compat with all eligible songs. They were smart enough to separate the stems this time.

As for pro guitar/bass I think that ship has sailed and docked with Rocksmith.

It pains me that I'll have to wait on this considering the Rock Band series is my favorite games series ever. But responsibilities! I'll try and pick up the guitar bundle sooner or later, and find drums off eBay.

Chris R

Charging my Enloops, finding my dongles and grabbing a copy at Best Buy tomorrow.

I don't need to do anything else to ensure all my music comes over do I? Like log into RB3 or something?

So can someone tell me the best way to redownload my old archive of songs?

What I have been doing is looking up my old Xbox 360 purchases, and searching for those songs individually on the XB1 store.

Is there better way to do this?

When I load up the game for the first time, will it be easier to "shop" for my old downloaded songs with the in-game store?

NolbertoS

So a friend of mine told me there is no online play or battle online?? Is this true, GAF?? All this time thought it would be like Rock Band in Xbox360. If true, gonna cancel the guitar and games. Honestly didn't know it had offline capability only.

Gorger

Were are Europeans getting the game? It's basically impossible to get a hold of the game in Scandinavia. I fear we have to wait weeks before the store gets their copies. There is also no digital downloads on Sony's EU store either.

MajorMane

So a friend of mine told me there is no online play or battle online?? Is this true, GAF?? All this time thought it would be like Rock Band in Xbox360. If true, gonna cancel the guitar and games. Honestly didn't know it had offline capability only.

This is true, at least at launch. Online capabilities might come further down the road, but it's no guarantee.

Being added before the end of the year in a free update I believe.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
They will bring back Keys and it will backwards compat with all eligible songs. They were smart enough to separate the stems this time.

As for pro guitar/bass I think that ship has sailed and docked with Rocksmith.

Do you have a source saying they separated the would-be keys stems from previous songs? We know they did this for the RB3 DLC because they had keys parts but I have my doubts as to whether or not they did this for pre-RB3 DLC. It would have had to factor into the migration time/effort that was already taking place for stuff like freestyle guitar and vocals. I would like to see the return of keys but nothing they've done or said has suggested that they would bring it back other than the occasional response along the lines of "If people want it enough we'll look into it."

Gorger

There is no online at release, might be included at a later time. Yeah it just sucks, but nothing we can do about it :(

I'm with you man. I'm sure it'll be fine. If not I'll be kicking up the standard late-Amazon-package fuss and sorting something out so not too much to worry about.

Some folks on the Harmonix board are saying that Amazon support are claiming that the items will be shipped tomorrow and will also arrive tomorrow. Something about them not being "allowed" to ship them before release day.

I really don't see it happening, sadly, but I hope it does and that you get your order in good time.

Still. Mad Catz' own site has fritzed and is showing UK prices converted to US Dollars.

Not the best thing to happen to them, given the conversion. Not only are they hapless in providing hardware to this region, but they're charging through the nose for what they do manage to deliver.

http://i.imgur.com/TxRSTEN.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

RIP. I haven't pre-ordered anything from Amazon before so I was hopeful it would get here on release date :/

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
What's currently the cheapest way to get Ions working on PS4 if I don't have a PS3 brain?

Why the fuck did I switch my order to Amazon.

With them using the wrong address and not shipping before release, I'm not gonna be playing this until the weekend.

Very disappointed in the lack of variety in the setlist.

I know it's called Rock Band, but rock just isn't that popular anymore. There should be more pop, R&B, and funk.

Really excited for this. I've been spending some money on the sale lately to grab some songs. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for new songs to come out.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The chart in the OP says that the MPA doesn't work on PS3, while it's been confirmed several times that it works. Maybe worth a mention.

bounchfx

are there really no custom setlists? like, no way to play songs I want in an order I choose?

if so, that's like... really, really sad. disappointing as fuck. there's gotta be a way, otherwise that seems like a ridiculous thing to overlook/leave out

I know it's called Rock Band, but rock just isn't that popular anymore. There should be more pop, R&B, and funk.

I do agree that DLC should have more variety. and historically it has, just not to a degree where things don't fit. but there's been hip hop, funk, and pop. but the idea that there should be less rock and more not-rock in a game called rock band is funny to me.

Top Bottom