• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

zroid

Banned
Reporting for duty:

BYt9yHk.jpg

I HATE YOU

edit: wait why does the 3DS hardware have a PG rating lol

My original plan was to get OR, but then I saw that I would get another Latias if I chose it. I think I have about 3 of this damn bird.

I remember how much of a pain Latios was to catch... Tracking that thing down near Mauville and actually catching him was SO HARD! >_<

Kinda glad the Eon Ticket is easily obtainable to get both Latias and Latios.

Don't expect it anytime soon. Usually you can tell how far the next generation is by the anime, Ash still hasn't even gotten to 4 badges yet. I expect a X/Y sequel next year.

I would be okay with this.

Latias comes with AS actually. You can catch both if you get an Eon Ticket from StreetPass.

Thank god. And I'll never get an Eon Ticket here, too far away from the distribution centers, if I could translate that to words, I feel like Madagascar in that world disease game.

lupinko

So they weren't just bogus fakes... Wow... So we really can get all the Pokémon between XY and ORAS! O_O This is too good...

*Crosses fingers and prays for an in-game Jirachi event*

The only currently running Gen 6 Jirachi event is to buy charity wristbands from a Pokemon Center, so yeah Pokemon Company gonna Pokemon Company.

XY's Mysterious Idol comes to mind.

Basically it's really possible that all the teasing will lead to another full-price Pokemon game, which I would find infuriating. It's one thing to do a remake of an old game, but another thing entirely to take that remake and pull its content apart into two full games.

I thought it was pretty clear that the idol is teasing something for a future game, maybe even Gen VII.

Also if they did add the Frontier in a different game that wouldn't be splitting content, the Frontier wasn't in Ruby and Sapphire.
Apparently the pentagon mark can only appear in two games after this so it makes me wonder what the plans are (a RB 20th anniversary game would be too soon after a late 2015 z or emerald version...assuming they got for Feb 2016).
I'm thinking we'll get a 20th anniversary game and then they will release Z a year after that to close out Gen VI.

I thought it was pretty clear that the idol is teasing something for a future game, maybe even Gen VII.

Also if they did add the Frontier in a different game that wouldn't be splitting content, the Frontier wasn't in Ruby and Sapphire.
A lot of things weren't in Ruby and Sapphire but were in Emerald and yet are included in ORAS

I really don't see the point in saying that that they werent in R/S, it comes off as making excuses for Game Freak

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
For those of you asking about Jirachi I wouldn't mind giving a few away for free this weekend heck we can pretend it's 2003 again and I will give away the same Jirachi we had access to back in Ruby & Sapphire which is the WISHMKR Jirachi.

Looking forward to getting this even if Gamefreak seems determined to troll us with Battle Frontier. Even if they seem to make this game even easier than before. Even if they seemed to revealed all the Megas in this game a whole month in advance. Even if customization is gone.

Wait, why am I getting this game again...

It's really tempting to breed a team of perfect mons in X/Y and transfer them over, but I feel like it'll take a lot of the fun out of the game.

But then I remember the time my Meinshao failed to KO Ghetsis' Hydreigon with Jump Kick and I got swept. Imperfect Pokemon are so gross to me now...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mudkip or Treecko... I CAN'T DECIDE.

Poor Torchic got shafted by being given away, Mega included, in X/Y. Now nobody wants him because he's old news.

Looking forward to getting this even if Gamefreak seems determined to troll us with Battle Frontier. Even if they seem to make this game even easier than before. Even if they seemed to revealed all the Megas in this game a whole month in advance. Even if customization is gone.

Wait, why am I getting this game again...

Because it's fun? Because you like Pokemon?

is there anything like that circle city in XY this time around, with the camera making it pretty much unplayable? that was so bad.

Nah, the cities in Ruby and Sapphire were pretty simple... There shouldn't be anything as crazy as Lumiose (the size of it bothered me more than the camera)

is there anything like that circle city in XY this time around, with the camera making it pretty much unplayable? that was so bad.
One city is like that but it more the camera swings round at certain parts rather than the camera only centers behind you if you're using the cricle pad. It also has a lot more maps scattered around so getting lost shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: From Serebii 16:35: In the Battle Maison,
you can partner up with Wally, Steven, Archie/Maxie or your rival
My thoughts
Please can one of those have good AI/team. Multi battles are very difficult is you lack good partners...I struggled enough with a Typhlosion/Vensaur partner which is one of the best ones

Plasmid

So excited! Sapphire was my favorite GBA game. Can't wait to see it in glorious non sprite form.

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Trying to think what Team I wanna go with when I pick this up (probably in a few weeks, wanna get Smash first)...

Mudkip as my Starter. Then Trapinch (eventual flyer), Gulpin, Numel, Spoink, and Cacnea. All Pokemon I've wanted to use but never got around to.

Ultimadrago

I pre-ordered off the BB discount, but this is the first Pokemon game in a while where I feel I'm picking it up "just because 'Pokemon' is on the box." I hate the original 3rd generation (R/S/E), but I feel compelled to give this remake a shot anyways with the improvements it contributes along the way.

Add that on top of already playing over 900+ hours of X and I don't know if there'll be anything left to feel or experience with Alpha Sapphire. Hope it's not going to be a mistake.

spiritfox

Trying to think what Team I wanna go with when I pick this up (probably in a few weeks, wanna get Smash first)...

Mudkip as my Starter. Then Trapinch (eventual flyer), Gulpin, Numel, Spoink, and Cacnea. All Pokemon I've wanted to use but never got around to.

Well, you don't really need a flyer this time round...

Avixph

Now that we're up to GBA remakes, I wonder how long until we get remakes of Fire Red and Leaf Green. ;)

Looking forward to playing this again. I'm not as crazy about digging into the games as I was a few years ago (ggs time and patience) but I still always get excited to play through them.
It better not be before the Diamond and Pearl remakes.

Bladelaw

So they weren't just bogus fakes... Wow... So we really can get all the Pokémon between XY and ORAS! O_O This is too good...

*Crosses fingers and prays for an in-game Jirachi event*

Is this for real? I just completed the Kalos Dex. If I complete the A/O-Hoenn Dex will I actually have them all (sans event only)?

Sooo... Been trying to keep away from spoilers, but saw this thing about Hoopa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roDI5FsSDq8

This is too crazy... Why can't Hoopa and Volcarion be out already? :/

Is this for real? I just completed the Kalos Dex. If I complete the A/O-Hoenn Dex will I actually have them all (sans event only)?

I've heard it a few times where the intent is to be able to get all Pokémon between the 3DS games. I can't remember where I've heard it, exactly, but I know I've heard it multiple times, and with the way things look, I'm more an more inclined to think it's truly possible.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sooo... Been trying to keep away from spoilers, but saw this thing about Hoopa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roDI5FsSDq8

This is too crazy... Why can't Hoopa and Volcarion be out already? :/

I've heard it a few times where the intent is to be able to get all Pokémon between the 3DS games. I can't remember where I've heard it, exactly, but I know I've heard it multiple times, and with the way things look, I'm more an more inclined to think it's truly possible.

Goddamn straight outta DBZ or something.

Bladelaw

For those of you asking about Jirachi I wouldn't mind giving a few away for free this weekend heck we can pretend it's 2003 again and I will give away the same Jirachi we had access to back in Ruby & Sapphire which is the WISHMKR Jirachi.

I am supremely interested. That and manaphy are the only event only 'mons I don't have.

Top Bottom