• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

I don't get why everyone's so happy about this, I'm pretty indifferent to it tbh

People don't like Goku even though the series is about Goku and as a result he takes up a decent amount of the plot. Therefore any time he gets kicked down they're happy. XD

I don't get it either.

monaka___ultra_instinct_by_greytonano-dbqylkj.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/776ta3/you_knew_this_was_comingart_by_greytonano/

HeroR

Zamasu should have stole Toppo's body so we could have Toppo Black.

Since we all know how much Zamasu loves justice.

It also shows how much of a pansy manga Merged Zamasu was.

It's pretty annoying how people think not wanting Goku to succeed all the time or be painted in the best light automatically means they you hate him or have something against him.

Except in Super Goku succeeds rarely and people still wants to see him get his ass kicked. And Super doesn't paint Goku in the best light. He was literally the reason why Zamasu went crazy in the Future Trunks Saga and everyone called him evil in this saga. Yet, people still acts like the show presents Goku in 'he can do no wrong' light. It's like we're watching two different shows.

It's pretty annoying how people think not wanting Goku to succeed all the time or be painted in the best light automatically means they you hate him or have something against him.

It doesn't mean that at all. But folks in this very thread just straight up do not like him which is more of what I was getting at.

Also Goku doesn't succeed or get painted in the best light a lot lol.

Except in Super Goku succeeds rarely and people still wants to see him get his ass kicked. And Super doesn't paint Goku in the best light. He was literally the reason why Zamasu went crazy in the Future Trunks Saga and everyone called him evil in this saga. Yet, people still acts like the show presents Goku in 'he can do no wrong' light. It's like we're watching two different shows.

Yeah lol. Dude has been taking pretty consistent L's since Battle of Gods. I'd understand if Goku was painted like Kirito from SAO or something but he's not.

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to double post.

That still doesn't mean you have to have something against Goku. I'm well aware of how not perfect he has been in Super.

I still think having him lost there, regardless of what came before, is good storytelling and sets up Goku's situation up in more of an interesting way. It makes the situation more heavy, as TheSpoiler said.

It doesn't mean that at all. But folks in this very thread just straight up do not like him which is more of what I was getting at.

Also Goku doesn't succeed or get painted in the best light a lot lol.

Ok then maybe I'm the only one who don't hold these opinions out of spite of Goku or something.

HeroR

That still doesn't mean you have to have something against Goku. I'm well aware of how not perfect he has been in Super.

I still think having him lost there, regardless of what came before, is good storytelling and sets up Goku's situation up in more of an interesting way. It makes the situation more heavy, as that one poster said.

Ok then maybe I'm the only one who don't hold these opinions out of spite of Goku or something.

Never said 'you have something against Goku', it's just the way many fans think Goku is portrayed doesn't match the reality like 'Goku always wins' or 'the show treats him like an angel'.

The manga only took a different take. In the anime, they obviously wanted to hide how strong Jiren really was and give the audience the impression that Jiren may be overhyped since Toppo wasn't much for Goku. We even had people thinking Jiren wasn't the main force of the tournament, especially with the 'there's a mortal that a God of Destruction cannot defeat and this god is stronger than Beerus'.

Then Jiren kicked Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken x20 Goku's ass with the Spirit Bomb, which shocked fans, especially those who didn't read the spoilers for Episodes 109 and 110.

The manga didn't need the surprised factor since it's already behind the anime, much like the manga barely bothered to hide who Black was.

If they added the missing characters to that art it would have been amazing.

The actual art is pathetic.
I feel like the success of Xenoverse has ruined Dragon Ball box arts, all of them have to just be Super Saiyan Goku looking cool now, only he looks more dorky due to the art on FighterZ's box.

Never said 'you have something against Goku', it's just the way many fans think Goku is portrayed doesn't match the reality like 'Goku always wins' or 'the show treats him like an angel'.

The manga only took a different take. In the anime, they obviously wanted to hide how strong Jiren really was and give the audience the impression that Jiren may be overhyped since Toppo wasn't much for Goku. We even had people thinking Jiren wasn't the main force of the tournament, especially with the 'there's a mortal that a God of Destruction cannot defeat and this god is stronger than Beerus'.

Then Jiren kicked Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken x20 Goku's ass with the Spirit Bomb, which shocked fans, especially those who didn't read the spoilers for Episodes 109 and 110.

The manga didn't need the surprised factor since it's already behind the anime, much like the manga barely bothered to hide who Black was.

I don't disagree with these points, but I'm just talking about how the outcome of the Toppo fight itself affects the situation.

Slaythe

I feel like the success of Xenoverse has ruined Dragon Ball box arts, all of them have to just be Super Saiyan Goku looking cool now, only he looks more dorky due to the art on FighterZ's box.

It looks like ssj 2 goku who's not even in the game lmao.

But then again they used 17 on the key art so they clearly don't care what's in the game. ;D

HardRojo

Can't find the boxart for FighterZ. Are you guys referring to that promo art that has a giant 16 and 21 rising above almost all of the roster?

Toyotaro totally traced Vegeta kneeing 2nd form Cell in the gut for that Toppo versus Goku panel in the manga. He really can't draw any original content to save his life.

Toei should of hired that Yamcha manga artist to handle the Super manga already.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Toyotaro totally traced Vegeta kneeing 2nd form Cell in the gut for that Toppo versus Goku panel in the manga. He really can't draw any original content to save his life.

Toei should of had that Yamcha manga artist handle the Super manga already.
In an alternate universe, Lee is doing the Super manga.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Goku using that pillar for boost during UI gave me a deja vu moment. Pretty sure I saw an exact scene like that in some anime before.

Kyzer

Banned
Guys when Beerus first arrived wasn't there a point where Vegeta was being super subservient and reminisced that his father warned him never to disrespect Frieza or Beerus? My friend is telling me I'm mixing up when Frieza was remembering his dad saying not to mess with Buu or Beerus but I know that happened and thought it was a separate thing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I really misremembering?

Top Bottom