• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.11.7 on Wii U system features - Nov. 7, 6AM EST

conan_head_spin1i7ts.gif

Friend codes and no cross game chat incoming choooo choooooooo

...am I doin' it right?

ASIS

I'd rather they didnt and kept it game based like Smash Bros.

Achievements are such a bad way of developers skimping on content (since people go farm them instead of complaining about a lack of content).

I never felt that was the case though. If anything I'd blame online multiplayer for skimping out on actual content (you want more replay value? Play with your friends!!) But that's not a crtisicm at the developers as much as the consumers, since developers really have delivered great single player games full of content.

TriGen

America is pooped after election night

I think NoA will do one between the 13-15. I think, because of the election they held off this week, but I still expect them to do one before launch. I actually think NoA's will be longer, as it wouldn't surprise me if they do it really step by step. Such as showing you what happens when you hook up a hard drive and all that. Really basic stuff, on top of the info we'll get today.

warerare

My Prediction: There is going to be one stupid thing Nintendo does that will negate a whole bunch of awesome stuff. Has anyone got any guesses? Mine is region locked Miiverse.

ALRIGHT GUYS

I'M CASHING IN ALL MY HYPE!!!!!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!

[Reasonably excited. I expect to be slightly disappointed but I do find that I am very much interested in Nintendo's contributions to console online infrastructure by sheer virtue of it having that Nintendo touch to it. MiiVerse is such a novel concept and the thought of having a genuine sense of community is really quite appealing.]

ASIS

Friend Codes or no Friend Codes? That is truly the question.

I can almost guarantee FCs to be there in one form or another. But I don't think they will be nearly as tedious as before.

EDIT: BTW why didn't Nintendo name it the U-Miiverse? It just makes much more sense that way :(

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Its nintendo.
Temper your expectations.

Thanks for bringing me back down to earth. I remember the first Nintendo direct I watched, it felt like a waste of time (half of the time some guy was talking to some action figure). So I ignored the next one. Jokes on me, they revealed the 3DSxl, something I did care for.

okay i have my spicy korean noodles and a bag of kettle potato crisps and the foul stench of academic examinations and an awareness that i am 35 minutes closer to failing

I do declare, let the hype commence.

Robin64

3DS style friend code system would be fine. Are people scared of typing in a string of numbers once? Only letters will do! Because once you've typed it in, that's it..

3DS style friend code system would be fine. Are people scared of typing in a string of numbers once? Only letters will do! Because once you've typed it in, that's it..

Yeah, as long as they are universal for all games like the 3DS it's not really a big deal. But still, there's a stigma associated with friend codes now.

Top Bottom