• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

This has to be the most annoying thing that happens routinely here. For every single game that doesnt get released on the PC first you have port begging, then you have "no PC, no buy" over and over and over.

Exactly what is it that makes this acceptable? You dont see 360 gamers going into threads for PS3 exclusive games saying "no 360 no buy" and you dont see it from from PS3 gamers when something is exclusive to the 360.

At this point i do not feel to buy a 60 euro game anymore to play on 7 year old hardware i have a Xbox 360,i played a lot of games on it but i have not touched my xbox in almost 2 years now. To me PC has more to offer for low prices. I can get for 60 euro's 2 whole new games from GMG with 25% off. Why should i buy a game on the xbox when i can get great games for low prices on PC?

raven777

Since its at least sort of MMO, I wonder how they will deal with the servers and accounts. Like, will PS3 and 360 have same server? Will you be able to use your account and characters you played in current gen consoles to next-gen consoles?

FourMyle

Also, we can now finally stop talking about which platforms this will be on. The answer is all current HD ones and the PS4/720!

I hope the next gen versions don't come out after the current gen one does. But if it does, I will be double dipping.

Character classes

untitledx0elu.png

Hunter, Warlock and Titan.

At this point i do not feel to buy a 60 euro game anymore to play on 7 year old hardware i have a Xbox 360,i played a lot of games on it but i have not touched my xbox in almost 2 years now. To me PC has more to offer for low prices. I can get for 60 euro's 2 whole new games from GMG with 25% off. Why should i buy a game on the xbox when i can get great games for low prices on PC?

I understand your reasoning for wanting the port. Im just saying its annoying that you only have this "no insert platform, no buy" mantra from PC gamers. How many times have you entered a topic about a PS3 games and seen numerous people posting "no 360, no buy"? Not many, but i can go into any topic for a console exclusive game and see that from PC gamers.

And judging from your post its not "no pc, no buy", its "no heavy discount, no buy".

IHaveIce

Banned
Character classes

untitledx0elu.png

Hunter, Warlock and Titan.

I think I will try to do pixel guys out of this art for my avatar later today.

I also think it is interesting that Bungie didnt want to comment if these 3 are the only classes, I expect something like a Mechanic, Doctor or else would still be fitting.

Hindle

Banned
The art is seriously awesome. Now just to see the vehicles.

Have we had any confirmation about the design, is it open world or just Halo with different skins?

Nokterian

I understand your reasoning for wanting the port. Im just saying its annoying that you only have this "no insert platform, no buy" mantra from PC gamers. How many times have you entered a topic about a PS3 games and seen numerous people posting "no 360, no buy"? Not many, but i can go into any topic for a console exclusive game and see that from PC gamers.

And judging from your post its not "no pc, no buy", its "no heavy discount, no buy".

Not just me but a lot of people will be dissapointed that Bungie will not do a PC version. Not using the power that PC have. And there is market for it but if they will not adept then it is there choice but for my choice it is simple,i am not going to buy it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh shit awesome, I know nothing about this - going to be rather interesting, has there been any confirmation that it's cross-gen ( I remember some leaked court documents ages ago ) ?

Yep the IGN video says 360/PS3 and "future gaming consoles"

lol its like they have more development freedom herr in Activision than back at MS.
many people condemn activision too hard.
iirc, bizarre said that they had complete freedom for a project and that project was blur.

i can imagine, that sony, nintendo and mircosoft are more harsh with their studios to catch up mainstream genres or to expand genres.

Was this posted? IGN analyzes Destiny concept art. Stuff which haven't been shown yet. Yep. Pretty cool stuff! (And official stuff. God damnit I am excited) The video confirms that Destiny will be coming out on Xbox 360, PS3 and future technology. It is an "always connected" game but you can play it solo too.

Edit.: Three classes: Hunter, Traveler(can use magic), Titan.

Great stuff, has raised my interest in this game 100%

Principate

Saint Titanfall
many people condemn activision too hard.
iirc, bizarre said that they had complete freedom for a project and that project was blur.

i can imagine, that sony, nintendo and mircosoft are more harsh with their studios to catch up mainstream genres or to expand genres.

TBF Activision is making bank, considering they're MO is find a fad and milk it dry it's not surprising, given the amount of money that they willing to experiment, currently anyway. Can't find that fad if your not searching.

JimiNutz

Banned
Was this posted? IGN analyzes Destiny concept art. Stuff which haven't been shown yet. Yep. Pretty cool stuff! (And official stuff. God damnit I am excited) The video confirms that Destiny will be coming out on Xbox 360, PS3 and future technology. It is an "always connected" game but you can play it solo too.

The art style looks amazing, I really hope it translates over into the final game.

Really excited for this and hope we see footage of the game running on next gen consoles soon.

Perfusion

Neo Member
Currently playing music on repeat...fingers crossed for some game footage.

Who am I kidding? I'm a sucker for any Bungie ViDoc...they could just stare at the camera and I would think it was amazing.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

TAKE MY MONEY NOW BUNGIE! TAKE IT GODDAMN IT!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just based off that analysis I'm sold. The art alone sold me.

pelican

The concept art is cool, but I do expect to see footage of the game tonight.

The announcement today would be rather flat if no screens or footage and just concept art.

edit - LOL @ IGN. Nice break of embargo. GG.

Woorloog

Banned
Lol@IGN indeed.
But thanks as well.
Got a new avatar finally.

EDIT the new avatar mostly because i got bored of the old. Still not hyped for Destiny, this one i ain't going to pre-order but will wait for impressions. Burned by hype too many times.

As much as I love sci-fi's in distant galaxies or alternate universes, seeing those concept arts of Saturn, Mars, and our own moon really has me excited. Love the look to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom