• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

I am one of those people you encounter who has won only 1 game out of his last 15. Played for 30 min and dropped two ranks from fighter while three other ppl get promotions against me.

Humiliating

I'm starting to feel like Brawler is my "true" skill level. Every time I jump up to vanguard, I end up losing to a bunch of people in straight matched who are "boosting" their 2nd and 3rd characters. Meanwhile, my main (Ling) never strays too far from my Asuka and Kaz, and I barely know any of the latter's moves (and I darn sure can't EWFG or wavedash.

I've spent like 30 min in practice with Kaz and I mostly just stand back and punish and yet I spend hours with Ling practicing but they're the same rank.

The Kree

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

AllenShrz

Can someone tell me what to do against Eliza qcb 3, 1.

Today I fought against an Eliza that was spamming that but I could not do anything about it, I could not punish or sidestep at all, not even with 10f punishers I was able to do something about it. BUT in practice mode I could punish that move easily every time. Whats the catch?

galvenize

Can someone tell me what to do against Eliza qcb 3, 1.

Today I fought against an Eliza that was spamming that but I could not do anything about it, I could not punish or sidestep at all, not even with 10f punishers I was able to do something about it. BUT in practice mode I could punish that move easily every time. Whats the catch?

Qcb 3 is usually punishable on block. If you're caught in the low jab qcb 4 spam you can parry the low jab. Not sure how viable backdashing is in that situation but you could try that.

GrayFoxPL

Damn, I got teared apart in ranked today. Jin lost 3 ranks to super defensive players. At least Lee gained 3 ranks instead.

Also some serious Akuma appeared. Was impossible until I figured him out and got 2 wins then he left. Obvious.

GrayFoxPL

Come back!

fcFAvOb.gif

Are you feeling ok, man?

AAK

Hey man, Awesome time. (You know I woulda fared better if I wasn't using pad :p) Also, after the 4+ hour session it needs to be said: Tekken 7 PC >>>>>>>>>>>> Console

Here's those 2 nerds FoxFist & Dereck kicking the shit out of each other:

Anyways, here's me and him chilling in downtown Toronto (Dereck is a pretty massive guy, wouldn't recommend messing with him):

Started my night as a Vanguard, having won 9 out of my last 10.

Demoted down to Maurauder having lost 19 out of 21.

Nothing like losing to a King and never ending throw strings.

GrayFoxPL

Hey man, Awesome time. (You know I woulda fared better if I wasn't using pad :p) Also, after the 4+ hour session it needs to be said: Tekken 7 PC >>>>>>>>>>>> Console

Here's those 2 nerds FoxFist & Dereck kicking the shit out of each other:

Anyways, here's me and him chilling in downtown Toronto (Dereck is a pretty massive guy, wouldn't recommend messing with him):

Cool pics!

I know I saw an actor that looked like you AAK. Can't remember who though.

I'll post this here too:
Played a chunk of online for the first time since just after they fixed the matchmaking after launch. Man, I have a blast, but when I lose and don't know why, I get a bit upset.

And when I say "don't know why" I'm referring to being constantly oki-ed and not knowing how to get up, or getting hit by the same starting hit whether I stand or crouch block or just being unable to counter fast pokes in general. I play as Yoshi and Cosmic Forge has offered great tips in the past, but I want to be able to know when to throw out certain moves and which popular moves from opponents are best countered by X or Y move etc. Any Yoshi specific channel for that?

GrayFoxPL

I'll post this here too:

On poking:

Counter poking can be hard online. Many times the guard animation can be cancelled before it ends, it's never obvious though. There's a reason why 90% of players can't punish Kazuya's df+2 and even let Kaz do stuff afterwards because the timing is weird.

Jossie's 1,2,2 is supposed to be -13 but I tried 10 frame jab as hard as I could every time and still didn't punish it online. Again weird timing and you aren't suppose to look at full guard animation.

GrayFoxPL

ggs Grayfox.

Man, your playstyle leaves me pretty salty at times <.<

Ggs, yours give me salt too, haha. I panic from all those pokes.

If I could ask a favor - could you always leave the best of 3 rounds like you did later? I know 4 round match is to extend gameplay but if it goes into marathon 6-7 rounds back to back my hands are falling off. Best of 3 and load times give me time to rest and play closer to my potential.

Grayfox come beat me up

Come on man, you know I don't play at this hour. Today I played Tekken like 8 hours straight.

GrayFoxPL

It's 7PM :___;
On friday

I can't, I end gaming at 6. I wouldn't even have any strength left anyway. I'm old, like this old:

IsUYbL6.jpg

It's funny that the more I'm becoming an old fart the more I appreciate Paul, Kaz and others being old farts in Tekken, lol.

Ggs, yours give me salt too, haha. I panic from all those pokes.

If I could ask a favor - could you always leave the best of 3 rounds like you did later? I know 4 round match is to extend gameplay but if it goes into marathon 6-7 rounds back to back my hands are falling off. Best of 3 and load times give me time to rest and play closer to my potential.

Sure, the new patch makes the lobby a bit faster too it seems. I'll probably leave it on 3 in the future. Before it was just sooooo long in between matches ;/

AyzOn

Neo Member
I need a bit help..

I´ve been playing with Nina for a while now and I enjoy her moves so far, but since im still a super noob I only get so far as to launch someone and then that´s kinda it.

one example: d+2,3 hits low and then launches, now how do I find out what I can do after that? I think people are looking for "guaranteed" moves or something like that but im not sure about the terminology there.

I found one or two strings/combos or whatever they are called, like for example f+2,1,2 connects with an airborne opponent. Finding that one was pure coincidence though.^^

Thanks in advance!

Numb

I need a bit help..

I´ve been playing with Nina for a while now and I enjoy her moves so far, but since im still a super noob I only get so far as to launch someone and then that´s kinda it.

one example: d+2,3 hits low and then launches, now how do I find out what I can do after that? I think people are looking for "guaranteed" moves or something like that but im not sure about the terminology there.

I found one or two strings/combos or whatever they are called, like for example f+2,1,2 connects with an airborne opponent. Finding that one was pure coincidence though.^^

Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1sA82k3jYo&index=26&list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

AyzOn

Neo Member
This helped me a lot thank you!

I learned one of those and I can finally pick people up from the ground, also having a go to combo frees up so much of my mind that I can actually pay more attention to what my opponent does.

Top Bottom