• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Syntsui

Man, imagine if they delayed SFV for three years and released all of this on day one. 100 metacritic, 5 million copies sold in a month.

Man, imagine if they delayed SFV for three years and released all of this on day one. 100 metacritic, 5 million copies sold in a month.
OdmNbr1g.jpg

Gutted. Thought Karin would get Tron Bonne but when Ingrid was leaked afterwards it seemed like a guarantee that she would get that instead. Ingrid sucks.

MCD250

Don't like Karin getting Ingrid tbh. Their costumes are too similar.

I know, I know. That's the point or whatever. But still, a bit of variation there would have been nice.

kirblar

@Mikami_XKira
Donovan's Costume will eventually be Dan's as well, during Server-generated Events (Challenges).
So that's interesting, they may be repurposing the costumes for other uses in the Extra Battle events in addiiton to using them as a standard costume.

Village

Fair enough, though one could argue for Bison getting the Wesker skin. But I agree that Nash makes the most sense to get said Wesker skin.

I know the amount of people who are fond of this character are... limited to say the least

But can I get a jake, ed skin

Femto.

I'm confused, Gief used v-trigg spin, I held up-back, and still got caught by his super. Gief player used spin again and I got caught by an SPD while still holding up back?

wtf.

kirblar

I'm confused, Gief used v-trigg spin, I held up-back, and still got caught by his super. Gief player used spin again and I got caught by an SPD while still holding up back?

wtf.
You need to backdash. You are still grounded for 2-4 frames after a jump (most 2, bigger characters 3/4) and if Gief's at frame advantage he's going to catch you before your feet go off the ground.

kirblar

back dash after spin I assume?
Yeah. Gief's CA is a 1 framer. I'm not sure who's got the slow grabs that are jumpable in this game, but in USF4 Honda and Poison's Ultra grabs both needed to be done when the opponent was in startup or recovery because they were slow enough to jump in reaction to them.

Femto.

Just lost 400 points in ranked in the past hour. People in Super Gold are fucking yolo as shit. I was put on tilt at some point too so that didn't help

Yeah. Gief's CA is a 1 framer. I'm not sure who's got the slow grabs that are jumpable in this game, but in USF4 Honda and Poison's Ultra grabs both needed to be done when the opponent was in startup or recovery because they were slow enough to jump in reaction to them.

Thanks, Gief is one of my worst match ups along with Guile.

Just lost 400 points in ranked in the past hour. People in Super Gold are fucking yolo as shit. I was put on tilt at some point too so that didn't help

I know that feel, but my pain has mainly come from Gold and Ultra Silver players lol. I thought I was beyond this now and crazy play wouldn't beat me most of the time but man I am getting bodied by some of this madness. And unfortunately what happens is that I turn into these players and start doing the same thing as a way to say "lets see how you deal with it then". I wonder if I'll ever climb back to Ultra Gold at this point when I get destroyed by Ultra Silvers who can always dash in on me and find the perfect cross up range all the time.

On another note, I find it funny how Nash players are so desperate to corner themselves. I just walk them down and stay at a range where their jumps will stay in front of me and their dash ins aren't as threatening.

JusDoIt

Congrats, I made Platinum in August I think on my PC account. But the truth is that I've completely regressed as a player. Last month I lost a ton of points on my PS4 account with Ryu. I switched to Akuma after that and even though I'm comfortable with him now I'm doing even worse. I started wtih 5200 and am at 4500 right now and was as low as 4100. Crazy Ultra Silver's have a 6/4 match up against me lol.

Ultra Silvers are probably the most stressful players to fight, now that I have experience fighting everybody from Rookie to Ultra Diamond. Ultra Silvers know how to control their characters and tend to have decent execution, but they're completely unpredictable. It's a very dangerous combination.

2016 SF5 was basically the only thing stopping Smash from taking over EVO and possibly the entire FGC.

Smash already wants 6 hours on EVO Sunday. Would be very hard to argue with them if both Smash games had more entrants than SF4 (a game that people were getting VERY tired of...see how fast everyone dropped it when SF5 appeared). And, who knows what kind of shockwaves that would have sent throughout the competitive community.

I hope that if Strider gets a costume, either Ibuki or Claw are the one repping it.

Strider over Zeku seems like too smart an idea for Capcom to handle.

Top Bottom