• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Motherfuck. Did a fresh install of Windows 10 and now Steam crashes whenever I log in, and before that was crashing whenever I tried to run any games. I've done all the fixes; uninstalling and reinstalling, updating graphics drivers, disabling compatibility mode and running as administrator. Now I'm getting pissed off

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So have there been any reports of accounts getting banned for activating keys via VPN? Really want to play the uncut version of Wolfenstein 2 but I don't wanna risk my 700+ games account over it.

No reliable ones. In practice, Valve doesn't care about VPN usage provided you're not skirting regional restrictions on gifts or cross-region purchasing on the Steam Store itself. You'll find no shortage of people even on here who've used a VPN to activate a key or unlock a game early, myself included.

That all being said, the ROW version of Wolf2 is heavily region-locked for Germany. All public packages have a runtime-level restriction that you'll need to work around until it expires three months after activation.

Missed my flight, the first time ever in over a hundred of them, and there’s not another for two days.

I was so excited to get back to my desktop ;-;

MissChief

Motherfuck. Did a fresh install of Windows 10 and now Steam crashes whenever I log in, and before that was crashing whenever I tried to run any games. I've done all the fixes; uninstalling and reinstalling, updating graphics drivers, disabling compatibility mode and running as administrator. Now I'm getting pissed off

did you move the steam folder by any chance ?

Uzzy

👀

She can be my mummy

3cCy0AH.gif

On the other hand, I've just come across some stuff in the game that is making my head spin. I understand it's a loot hunting game and grinding is the core gameplay loop but some of the stuff they ask you to do is insane. Layers upon layers of grinding to get to what you actually wanted to accomplish.

I looked through some recipes I found and there are a lot of different ingredients. Looks like the wiki will be very helpful to discover where to find them.

zkylon

zkylewd
When was the last time you played Rage? You may want to replay it and see if its visuals still hold up.
As I worte very few sections looked impressive, and these are among those few that I remember looked anything worthwhile
years ago for sure

watching a youtube video, sure the textures up close are blurry, but i never cared for that shit, and i still think the art direction, the vistas and the animation are all stunning

after watching some videos, i still think it looks great and i stand by what i said, rage was worth its size, doom was not (most modern games are not)

i definitely would love if all the ultra high res bullshit for all games was an optional download

Another old Ubisoft game, another technical issues. When i tried to run The Settlers 6: Rise of an Empire for the first time, it's just crashed on desktop with some short error message. Thankfully game worked after second try, but for some idiotic reasons game forced lowest possible textures and blocked "texture quality" option, so i had to look at steam discussions for this game to find hacked .exe file where this option is unlocked. I mean, why the hell you even need to do this, why i can set everything else to ultra quality on any setup but not textures?

Knurek

Another old Ubisoft game, another technical issues. When i tried to run The Settlers 6: Rise of an Empire for the first time, it's just crashed on desktop with some short error message. Thankfully game worked after second try, but for some idiotic reasons game forced lowest possible textures and blocked "texture quality" option, so i had to look at steam discussions for this game to find hacked .exe file where this option is unlocked. I mean, why the hell you even need to do this, why i can set everything else to ultra quality on any setup but not textures?

You have more VRAM than the devs thought possible at the time of making the game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Walking Vegetables, Access for this weekend only -- MB-E306CA2C0FAAC2BA

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my steam profile is super secret and incredibly hard to figure out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

My steam's in the email thing, tell me who you are STRANGERS SCARE ME

dont add Madventure... he picks up gray loot in rpgs... gray loot. Who the fuck does that, its not even worth anything!

Top Bottom