• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

ScribbleD

Looking at the difference between Xao Hai just a few hours ago, and Xao Hai just now - the difference is immense. The biggest thing that stood out to me is his use and success rate with CA. He was constantly throwing full bars away on wakeup supers, random raw supers, missing combos into it, and whiffing AA supers before, and he corrected all of that in a hurry.

Dahbomb

That looked like the DP getting stuffed at the end lol.

USA looking hella shaky today. The dream of two US players going through is now dead.

vypek

Justin Wong, Chris Tatarian, Daigo, Momochi...a lot of players use their real names, actually...

And, a lot don't...MikeandIke's name is neither Mike nor Ike.

Didn't know that. Interesting. Assumed people used stage names. I gotta a start watching more of these tournaments.

DKL

Man, Du with that feels story of growing up on Triforce's couch.

(but yeah, I really like his story and the success stuff... something something follow your dreams)

All these Let it Die advertisements... Did that game actually make money??

That game was super fun until I finally ran out of free revives. Having to grind for hours to get enough money just to get your old character back is miserable. It's like starting over at level 1 when you die in Dark Souls.

Blueblur1

Didn't know that. Interesting. Assumed people used stage names. I gotta a start watching more of these tournaments.

If you're interested Tripon makes a tournament thread every weekend there are events - which is almost every weekend in Spring and Summer. Here's this weekend's thread.

And there's the fighting game community thread and official SFV thread as well in the games community forum. SFV thread's OP has a lot of info if you want to start learning about the game.

vypek

If you're interested Tripon makes a tournament thread every weekend there are events - which is almost every weekend in Spring and Summer. Here's this weekend's thread.

And there's the fighting game community thread and official SFV thread as well in the games community forum. SFV thread's OP has a lot of info if you want to start learning about the game.

Very interested.

That tournament frequency sounds great. Thanks for the links. Idk if I will turn up in the last two threads you linked since I don't play but love to watch. I'm gonna sub to that first link though. Great resource and good to know there will be more threads for each weekend tournament.

Thanks!

Blueblur1

Very interested.

That tournament frequency sounds great. Thanks for the links. Idk if I will turn up in the last two threads you linked since I don't play but love to watch. I'm gonna sub to that first link though. Great resource and good to know there will be more threads for each weekend tournament.

Thanks!

The more the merrier. There are actually a lot of people who just watch and don't play so don't stress it.

Top Bottom