• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

autoduelist

You took the words out of my mouth. Most fun I've had since forever.

Man. I so want this game now. I'm still addicted to TLOUR MP, and I bought Battlefield 4 Premium last week... and i'm not in the financial position to pick this up for my PS4 right now.

But I did play the beta, and enjoyed that... I'm sad I'm going to miss the early community sorting everything out. But I think if any game is going to successfully rip me from TLOUR it'll be
Socom
Rainbow 6.

Lingitiz

Playing on PC...I really like this game so far. It feels at least like something kinda new-ish since it's not just your basic deathmatch respawn setup. Matches play really tense and tactical.

I'm very tempted to get this on PC but what has me backing off is the thought of a population nose dive after a month. I fear everyone will just go back to CSGO when they get bored of it.

When are maps going to be added. I think this game actually has a chance to.get a population boost seeing how good it actually is. As long as it holds up and word of mouth gets out there..

When are maps going to be added. I think this game actually has a chance to.get a population boost seeing how good it actually is. As long as it holds up and word of mouth gets out there..

r6_post_blog_timeline.jpg

all free DLC

I'm very tempted to get this on PC but what has me backing off is the thought of a population nose dive after a month. I fear everyone will just go back to CSGO when they get bored of it.

I don't think the CS:GO audience will actually like this tbh. My experience with CS has been a focus on shooting mechanics that aren't intuitive but other than that there's a strong rush in and kill element going on still. Siege is slower and more methodical but with a way smaller focus on shooting. Not just the simpler mechanics of it either, but guns seem to be more of a last resort at least for the attacking team. A well planned attack can often end with only a couple clean up shots being fired.

r6_post_blog_timeline.jpg

all free DLC
That seems quite nice in theory, 3 or 4 new maps each update would be nice....

I hope they go crazy different for a few of the maps though. I don't have the full game as I have ever to wait a bit but I hope to see..

Vip hospital. Bigger map.
Train station
Airport
Office building cubicles everywhere 2 or 3 floors
Funhouse
Convenient store would be nice
Supermarket large parking lot and docking area. Doors and glass shattering.
Bank
Train back to front of a moving train. Can walk put along train or on top. Three basic paths to each car.
Museum
Apartment complex would make a ton of sense since it's terroris situation. Multiple apartments, 3 floors. Hall way, stair well. Balcony. Thinking more like cheap apartments and not high end. Fence, grass area, alley way etc

Some of those may not work with their model though. But still feel it can be fun.

I hope they can get more specific objectives on specific maps as well. Sort of like a bridge map.where one team has to blow it and the other has to stop the other team.

I realize maybe some of my map hopes are in the game. Any other ideas you guys have for maps? Hope the developer will eventually join us here. Game was superb in the beta, hope they come :)

Just bought it for ps4 on my way home from work. But I don't think I'm gonna be able to get on until tomorrow... Love seeing all the positive feedback to this point tho. Finally a great tactical one life round based shooter on consoles!!

Looking at that DLC roadmap I see different countries flags for each season.

Looks like it goes Canada, USA, Brazil, and Japan.

I wonder what the deal is with that.

Only 9k peak players on Steam today which isn't even in the top 25. Hopefully a majority are on Uplay because of cheaper keys. With any luck some positive reviews could get the population to pick up. This game really deserves a good long life on PC, it's so good.

And why does the matchmaking keep separating my squad?

I think that's a bug. It's listed in the Rainbow Six Reddit known issues.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Only 9k peak players on Steam today which isn't even in the top 25. Hopefully a majority are on Uplay because of cheaper keys. With any luck some positive reviews could get the population to pick up. This game really deserves a good long life on PC, it's so good.

I don't believe steam numbers will every be super accurate for this game. So many bundle codes and cheap keys going out through uPlay.

Hawk269

Still thinking of getting this. Is there a standard terrorist hunt mode? In the beta it was terrorist hunt but having to defuse a bomb. So does the new game have a standard hunt mode where you just have to clear out "x" amount of enemies?

OrangeOak

Still thinking of getting this. Is there a standard terrorist hunt mode? In the beta it was terrorist hunt but having to defuse a bomb. So does the new game have a standard hunt mode where you just have to clear out "x" amount of enemies?

yes.
from the OP: "Terrorist Hunt modes: Classic (kill everything), Bomb Defusal, Protect Hostage, Rescue Hostage, "Situation" (there are 11 of these, they're sort of like tutorials)"

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

You're absolutely right. I'm very much hoping this builds a strong community.

I can't believe I'm saying this... but if the game continues to be as balanced and fun (i.e. no exploits are found and the community stays strong - and ubisoft keeps supporting it with patches, updates, and content, I'd argue this might be the best Ubisoft game in a decade, and could very well end up being one of my favorite shooters of all time.

This seriously has everything I love in a shooter:

Asymmetrical, objective-based gameplay.
Strategy and preparation win over pure reflexes.
Risk/reward.
Team-based cooperation - i.e.: the better team wins
...but, a single player still has the capability to turn the tide of the game
Classes with unique skills
Clutter-free UI
Plethora of options for attacking the objective
Strong communication (mics and chat used by everyone)
Tight controls (this plays GREAT on PC - mouse acceleration - or lack thereof - is perfect).

... I just played for another two hours tonight. I'm absolutely TERRIBLE at this game. I've been the bottom ranked player on my team about 75% of the time. I need to be carried. But I'm still having a blast. I just know I have a lot to learn - and I love that.

Amazon shipped my copy late... so I won't be able to play until tomorrow. The wait is killing me, have all my old SOCOM friends getting it as well.

Gaz_RB

Despite some party/matchmaking issues, I still had an immense amount of fun playing today. It may be my multiplayer GOTY, but it's a bit too early to say. Finally, this gen has a good tactical shooter.

It's worthy of the Rainbow Six name.

This experience is only from what I played from the beta but I noticed that spreading out in the building is a good strategy for defending. Most attacking teams expect the defending team to be holed up by the bombs and never really expect them to be in other rooms and hallways. I've gotten the jump on quite a few attacking teams using this strategy.

Deception

I think this is just the game me and my group of friends have been waiting for. We love competitive FPS and love one life per round games since we grew up playing Gears of War Execution, so this game is literally the best of both. Not to mention this is one of the first games that we are actually choosing our play styles for the betterment of the team and not individually. I seriously am in love with this game.

Tapejara

Had a few good matches with randoms. Really liking the game, though I'm not feeling some of the maps. The ones in the beta were great and still are, thankfully.

There was also some pretty bad lag (PS4). I'm going to guess that's day one server issues though.

This game is seriously way better than I was expecting. The matches are so awesome. Just tense as shit. People are always finding ways to surprise me, whether by making tiny holes in the wall to shoot through or coming in from a direction while making a ton of noise from the other. The different operators are awesome and add a lot of possibility to what can happen in a match.

Seriously blown away by how fun this shit is.

I didn't think I'd like this all that much, but it was sent to me and I gave it a shot. Then four and a half hours disappeared.

I ended up beating the game, as I completed all of the situations solo and did the final one with a team. I died at the first bomb, but two of my teammates beat it. Barely, but they did.

I can consider this a campaign beaten, right?

So far, I honestly prefer the situations and terrorist hunt to the core multplayer, but I haven't played much of that.

I did have issues with the servers saying they weren't available four times, and having to try to reconnect. This was on separate occasions. But I did not get kicked.

I'll say it again: LOVE this game.
God, T-Hunt is soooo good again.
Still hoping for bigger Vegas 2 style maps down the line.
Dat destruction!!!!!!!!

Despite some party/matchmaking issues, I still had an immense amount of fun playing today. It may be my multiplayer GOTY, but it's a bit too early to say. Finally, this gen has a good tactical shooter.

It's worthy of the Rainbow Six name.
Seems to honestly be the best mp shooter this generation.

Not sure what would be better. Everything is like the same game, cod, tf, halo 5 and Destiny could easily be sequels to one a other it's like a joke.

Bf4 is ok and there are some nice things in bf but bfront can't be that great game til content is out.

I'm happy for siege and I only hope it can get a more fleshed out sequel and expand on the garbage mp scene we have been getting with other developers.

So I shouldn't have cancelled my pre-order?
Seems that way. I played just the beta and I love everything it.

I didnt even play past rainbow games and I feel this game is fucking way way better than the other mp shooters.

This is exactly what developers should be rewarded for. Making the game they want to make and not looking at what the other guys are doing. Free maps as well.yes they deserve buys.

Bullitus

It's worth full price if a multiplayer-only tactical fps with procedural destruction is worth $60 to you. It really depends on you.

To me, it's definitely worth $60. To someone who values a singleplayer tactical fps experience, it certainly won't.

I'd love to play a good tactical multiplayer fps but I'm afraid this will turn into another Evolve situation. But I just might bite the bullet and get this today, looks too good to pass.

The final solo situation was a bitch, but I finally got it. I ran by lots of enemies and got to the evac zone with guys shooting at me. One was even on the platform, but he didn't get me in time.

The other really difficult one -- other than Situation 5 -- was the one with all the bombs in the farmhouse.

IMACOMPUTA

Just bought it for ps4 on my way home from work. But I don't think I'm gonna be able to get on until tomorrow... Love seeing all the positive feedback to this point tho. Finally a great tactical one life round based shooter on consoles!!

agreed.
And your avatar...
*sniffle*
RIP GOAT

demolitio

Hoping to get this soon since I enjoyed the betas. Taking a guess matchmaking is better? I mean, it HAS to be better, right?

It's far from perfect, but tactical games are so rare these days that even a game that's slightly more tactical than most is a huge selling point to me.

I hate not having money this time of year with 2039478576 games coming out, but MP games are always the best value.

Someday, SWAT 5 will be announced and I will go streaking through the streets until the actual SWAT uses some non-lethal gear on me.

IMACOMPUTA

So does this feel like swat 4 in anyway? Thinking of doing the best buy buy2get1 deal for this.

Yes it really does. Especially in one of the house maps. I don't know which one it is, but it's creepy and reminds me of the house level in Swat 4.

EDIT: The map is called Oregon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7P01jBvhV4

I've been playing so much CS:GO lately and this game is exactly what I've been wanting on console. Other MP shooters just feel so empty and meaningless.
R6:S is the truth.
I love it. Had some great matches tonight.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Yes it really does. Especially in one of the house maps. I don't know which one it is, but it's creepy and reminds me of the house level in Swat 4.

I've been playing so much CS:GO lately and this game is exactly what I've been wanting on console. Other MP shooters just feel so empty and meaningless.
R6:S is the truth.
I love it. Had some great matches tonight.

thats all i need to hear. thanks good friend. swat 4 is probably my favorite mp game of all time.

Top Bottom