• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE practically guaranteed to localize Bravely Default after 1000 signature petition!!

Suspect a few of the Level 5 games will be eshop releases. Especially Time Travellers. Ex strikes me as something that would have had a WW release plan during development.

Neophoton

Neo Member
Signed quite some time ago, but I'd say it would take some time for it to get fully translated. That, and I'd like Square to put some effort into the direction for the voice overs, considering a lot of their handheld titles tend to lack that. Dissidia comes to mind.

...Also, there's quite a bit of text/voice overs in the game, so I wouldn't expect the game until at least by the end of the year.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't understand why we have to beg a company to sell us a product that is basically finished. This industry is a mess.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
But the art is in the game...

Yes, now I see that some of it is... and it's great. Like I said I love the art.

But actually the character art is the stuff that really impresses me. It's so stylish. I love it, and then, "Oh look... it's actually another bobblehead style JRPG."

This is just my opinion... maybe the game is fantastic, idk. I like jrpg's sometimes. But I am tired of the corny oldschool character models. Especially when you start with this really amazing character art and you end up with:

bobbleheads said:
p97V2tX.jpg

I'm not hatin'... just saying.

Jarekx

I just finished watching Steins;Gate and absolutely loved it. I'm going to get the visual novel soon. That said, I've heard the guy who wrote SG also did this, so i'm definitely down for this

I just hope we get this game.

Raven77

Wow this game looks amazing.

However, LOLOLOL at 1000 signatures.

yeah, you need minimum 10,000 before a company of their size will even have a chance at noticing it.

I would say more like 50,000 to 100,000 would really move some mountains here.

The Lamp

I just looked up this game a few minutes ago. Oh my gosh. THIS IS WHAT I WANT. And it reminds me of Ni no Kuni.

Signed!!!

The Lamp

Why does change.org need my home address?

I just read their privacy policy.

As part of the registration process, we collect your name, email address and mailing address (your “Personal Information”). We may additionally track data (including data which has been marked by the user as “Deleted”) relating to your behaviour on the website, including, but not limited to, creating a campaign, signing a campaign, your general geographic region and/or your organisation affiliations (your “Campaign Activity Information”). Please do not post any personal information in any public forum of Change.org which you expect to remain private, including, but not limited to, any Personal Information and/or Campaign Activity Information. We also reserve the right to collect any data about you which is publically available; this data may be obtained by us or by a 3rd party engaged by us to collect such information.

If you sign a petition, please be advised that, even if you uncheck the box “Display my signature publicly”, your Personal Information may be delivered to the intended recipient of such campaign and/or the creator of such campaign either electronically or in writing; the Company does not in any manner monitor or attempt to verify the intended recipients of any campaign and/or the creator of any campaign and disclaims all liability regarding the accuracy of the intended recipient(s) of all campaigns and/or creator(s) of all campaigns. Please note further that if you choose to display your signature to a petition publicly, you are also consenting to the disclosure of your name, city, state and a link to your change.org user profile on the landing page for such petition, indicating that you have signed such petition; this information will be visible to any visitor of our website, including search engines and other organisations which provide archival internet activities (See Section 4 below)

FUCK THAT. It's too late for me but I already closed my account. My signature is not worth it.

Raven77

Regarding the privacy thing, why not just use fake info?

Do these signature sites actually verify the person exists (I would think something more official would, but this is for a video game, so...).

Either way, I signed it with all false (but valid) information. God bless you hit 80's TV Series "90210". You have forever embedded a zip code I can use for these very purposes.

daveo42

Banned
Signed this some time ago. Would like to think a petition will get SE to bring this stateside, but petitions barely work in the real world. Still holding out hope.

At the same time, I'd be fine if they just subbed the damn thing instead of adding in and English voiceover. It seems to be working for Project X Zone.

nasos_333

Signed this some time ago. Would like to think a petition will get SE to bring this stateside, but petitions barely work in the real world. Still holding out hope.

At the same time, I'd be fine if they just subbed the damn thing instead of adding in and English voiceover. It seems to be working for Project X Zone.

It is not just about the petition, it is also Square forum thread asking what we want

So, i guess in that case every vote and post in that thread count

Imagine Square asking that and not have a petition and noone posting in their forum thread, then they would know for sure noone cares

Now, even with 1500 people signing and the many posts in their forum at least they know for sure that

1. there are people that care for the game

2. there are people passionate (or extremely passionate in my case :) ) about this game

I think both those will count for somehting

Here is the thread in Square forum asking what games we want to see next

http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread...TO_IT!_Most_Anticipated_Moment_of_2013?pg=103

I don't see this having the desired effect.
When companies refuse to listen to their customers they end up in a place where their customers have abandoned them.

We are approaching this with SE.

Even if they release this or a game any longtime SE fan really wants, years from now, will it matter?
I don't hold their products anywhere near where I used to. I'm not alone.

I would put them on the same level as Konami, or Capcom, now.

They used to be 3rd party leaders, able to charge high prices because their games were worth the extra cost, highly sought after, and prized.

Atlus is the new SE.

nasos_333

I don't see this having the desired effect.
When companies refuse to listen to their customers they end up in a place where their customers have abandoned them.

We are approaching this with SE.

Even if they release this or a game any longtime SE fan really wants, years from now, will it matter?
I don't hold their products anywhere near where I used to. I'm not alone.

I would put them on the same level as Konami, or Capcom, now.

They used to be 3rd party leaders, able to charge high prices because their games were worth the extra cost, highly sought after, and prized.

Atlus is the new SE.

For me the answer is clear, if they release Bravely Default i will be glad

This is one of my most wanted games of all time and will probably be my top game ever, or 2ond after FF9

If they give us this game and maybe some sequels i will have my FF :)

For me the answer is clear, if they release Bravely Default i will be glad

This is one of my most wanted games of all time and will probably be my top game ever, or 2ond after FF9

If they give us this game and maybe some sequels i will have my FF :)

Me too, but I have zero confidence in the people at the company. And if it never comes out, whatever.

I've reached this point now.

javac

If Rainfall worked maybe this will too. I'm down.

I've always thought, did rainfall even do anything? What if these games we're coming regardless? We got them in Europe with little to zero effort after all...then again Xseed are a big part of this. Maybe Xseed were going to work with Nintendo regardless? Who knows...

Spongebob

Banned
Doesn't the fact that this has so few signatures prove that there is no demand for this title? Doesn't this justify SE not localizing the game?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I just finished watching Steins;Gate and absolutely loved it. I'm going to get the visual novel soon. That said, I've heard the guy who wrote SG also did this, so i'm definitely down for this

I just hope we get this game.

Yeah, I just finished watching Steins;Gate as well and it quickly became one of my absolute favorite animes. A great mixture of silly, self-referential stuff, heartfelt drama and emotion, and sci-fi technobabble. I have been extremely hyped for Bravely Default ever since I heard about the turn based/random encounters/job system (FF5 is still my favorite FF game), but after seeing Steins;Gate and hearing about the writer for it also did BD is another thing that makes waiting on a translation announcement so damn frustrating.

SE has become such a joke lately, between their terrible localization policies, ruining the FF franchise, focusing more on Eidos' western products than their company flagships, IAP-ridden cellphone games...

Soriku

Doesn't the fact that this has so few signatures prove that there is no demand for this title? Doesn't this justify SE not localizing the game?

Maybe if you assume even 1% of the total amount of people who would buy this game are either aware of this petition or care/aren't lazy (like me) to sign.

Kandinsky

Wait theres people that think this game wont come out over here? come on now, the only SE game I'm worry about not making it is DQX and thats still 70% chance in my book/mind.

Neophoton

Neo Member

Like Soriku mentioned, there's other factors to take into account. The official Facebook page for BDFF only has 20k likes, yet the game sold around 300k, just to provide an example.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What's up with all these Japanese games being questionable for western release nowadays?

Did we accidentally go back in time to the late 80s?

CorvoSol

Wait theres people that think this game wont come out over here? come on now, the only SE game I'm worry about not making it is DQX and thats still 70% chance in my book/mind.

The fact that Square Enix SAID they had no plans to localize it recently may be a part of that. Also this amazing game called Type-0 that Square flipped the bird at us all on by never localizing or saying anything.

Which is a shame, because some Americans now think the FNC is just the Lightning saga.

I believe they've implied there are no plans.

So unless they say otherwise, one has to take them at their word and try to convince them otherwise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1. there are people that care for the game

2. there are people passionate (or extremely passionate in my case :) ) about this game

I think both those will count for somehting

Don't bet on it. I was wondering what the hell is wrong with a company to localize a game that only got 1000 signatures, then I read the whole thread. Yeah...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I believe they've implied there are no plans.

So unless they say otherwise, one has to take them at their word and try to convince them otherwise.

Actually, that was right before the launch. The most recent thing they've said about BD's localisation is this interview with Famitsu, two weeks after the game's Japanese release

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43619335&postcount=553

Q. So, today you announced the 'Bravely Default Praying Brage' browser game, but I'd like to ask you about a sequel to the 3DS game, if that's alright?

Asano: Indeed, right. We're not yet at the stage where I can talk about anything specifically, but we are continuing preparations.

Q. It's been 2 weeks since the 3DS version's release. Many stores have sold out and the game is receiving high praise. What is your reaction to this, Mr. Asano?

Asano: I have no greater reaction than this. We have received many tweets on Twitter from fans saying 'Thank you for making this game,' and 'Please make a sequel' so that's very encouraging for us.

Q. Mr. Yamauchi, what kind of things do you hope for the future of Praying Brage? What would you like from it?

Yamauchi: At the moment I'd like to make a browser game that is worthy of the 'Bravely Default' name. However, I'd also like to release it in overseas markets. I've always been involved with Asia, but this time I'd like to take this game to Europe.

Q: So, regarding a foreign release of the 3DS game you previously said via the game's official twitter that you '[had] yet to think about it.'

Asano: Indeed, I did. I'm still considering a good method to create a localization that preserves the interesting parts of the original, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Q. So you could localize the Bravely Default: Praying Brage game first, develop some interest and then the 3DS version.....

Asano: That would be a good chain of events if we could do it, wouldn't it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The fact that Square Enix SAID they had no plans to localize it recently may be a part of that. Also this amazing game called Type-0 that Square flipped the bird at us all on by never localizing or saying anything.

Which is a shame, because some Americans now think the FNC is just the Lightning saga.

I've found that most become uninformed when it comes to the whole FNC ordeal since you really need to pay attention and it is bound to confuse many. There are still some who think Type 0 takes place in the future of XIII and Versus is even farther in the future.

Quite sad really.

And it really makes little sense when you think about it that way.

The fact is all 3 are separate but I know many only pay attention to console titles depending on their mindset.

gblues

Banned
Does the title "Bravely Default" actually mean something? I mean the artwork is gorgeous and I love classic Final Fantasy so I'm sure I'd enjoy the game, but the title seems like nonsensical engrish wankery (see also: Infinite Undiscovery) that seems like it would be difficult to market.

Kandinsky

Well I also think Type-0 is coming, In fact I still believe Terry's Wonderland 3D, BD and DQ7 will all launch this year over here (7 might slip by a month or two), so yeah.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well I also think Type-0 is coming, In fact I still believe Terry's Wonderland 3D, BD and DQ7 will all launch this year over here (7 might slip by a month or two), so yeah.

Is Before Crisis coming?

I mean iOS is pretty strong now so what's the hold up?

This actually looks like a good game, and of course a petition was needed to get square to localize it smh. I guess Square likes having their name synonymous with trash games like the FF13 saga. Seriously though, I'm glad Bravely Default is coming out over here, gives me a reason to care about what Square does again because they've been pretty irrelevant to me for a long time now.

CorvoSol

And you could be right. I'd be ecstatic if you were. But I don't want to wait 20 years for the English Remake/localization like I did FF3.

Top Bottom