• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After being disapointed in the last couple of stand up specials I watched (the Louis CK one and the awful Kevin Hart one), I really dug this Lucas Brothers one. I never saw their stand up, in fact I only knew them from Lady Dynamite.

Kaladin

Life In Pieces is awesome and everyone should be watching it. Don't let the fact that it's a CBS comedy fool you, it's not the typical CBS comedy.

The TV series or A Series of Unfortunate Events is pretty good for how strange it is in content and style. I never read the books or watched the movie, and this isn't what I expected at all. The pacing is great as it changes significantly every two episodes, which I understand corresponds to one book covered over each two episode pair.

The TV series or A Series of Unfortunate Events is pretty good for how strange it is in content and style. I never read the books or watched the movie, and this isn't what I expected at all. The pacing is great as it changes significantly every two episodes, which I understand corresponds to one book covered over each two episode pair.

Yeah. I really appreciated the speed of it as well as the scenery changes, along with the narration and the characters themselves. The main 'carekeeper' characters were there long enough that you're able to grow fond of the character, and short enough that the character didn't become repetitive.

Slacker

Cringed out of the Bill Nye show halfway through the first episode. Would be a million times better without the ridiculous guffaws and oohs and aahs from the audience. Good grief.

The first episode of Dear White People was good, looking forward to more.

Watched that Casting Jonbenet thing too and it was... weird? Gross? I can see why it would get good reviews but I didn't dig it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
One more ep left of Kimmy Schmidt s2. An improvement from the first season, there are so many jokes packed into even one minute of an episode. There are weaker eps here and there, but some new additions (like Andrea) were worth it. The ep with Jeff Goldblum was my favorite of the season.

The phone app isn't showing the name of a movie or show in the Continue Watching section. Almost all of the thumbnails aren't very recognisable.

I tried watching this new original documentary Casting Jonbenet. Its a true crime documentary involving but not really about the murder of Jonbenet Ramsey. The basic format is that the director is doing a local casting call in the town where the girl was murdered and have people come in and read lines for the roles of the people in this true story and discuss and speculate on what happened.

The format is really grating.

In the 30 minutes I watched, they had already spoken to like 20 people.

Its clear the intent of the documentary is to highlight how we project ourselves into stories such as local tragedies and how our experience affects the way we view those tragic events.The format itself isn't a bad idea if they focused on like 5 people doing the speculation.

Quasar

I've just returned to Netflix. Holy shit is the new recommendation system bad.

Is it really that different?

My biggest gripe is that new additions/releases aren't pinned to the top of the list. If it was me, it would be....

My List
New Additions
New Releases
<other crap>

The actual recommendations always seemed really dumb to me.

Aiii

So not worth it
Girlboss is absolute garbage

The protagonist is utterly detestable

No redeeming qualities at all. They want to pretend she is sassy and independent, but what she really is is just a huge cunt to everyone and everything. She is a complete shit to even people she just met and exchanged jothing but single sentences with. This is not charming, this is not endearing "omg she so quirky and misunderstood"

I also like that she has friends, despite all this, for no good reason. Nobody would be friends with anyone like this, who needs that in their life?

I think she is bearable if you can relate to it. I know more than dozen of girsl who have the similar attitude so I am kind of tolerant to her character.

...oh.

Stackboy

Finally got around to the second season of Bloodline. Not nearly as good as the first, but still a worthwhile watch. Only a few weeks to wait until the final season.

sfedai0

Banned
Finally got around to the second season of Bloodline. Not nearly as good as the first, but still a worthwhile watch. Only a few weeks to wait until the final season.

Just finished it as well. First season was better paced, but the second finished super strong. Cant wait for S3. Wouldnt mind if that was the last season, with the way the plot is structured.

I'm excited that new seasons of flash, arrow, and supergirl are coming soon.

But what to watch until then...

I also assume supernatural season is coming by the end of the month. Hyped.

Gotta find something til then though.

tomtom94

Furious 7 is up in the UK, will probably give that a watch at some point.

I'm also really into Voyager right now and I'm working my way bit by bit through Sense8 season 2 (it's really good).

Was A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night removed from US Netflix? I keep seeing it on recommendation lists from as late as last week but it's not coming up for me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
KWYZFYK.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Back from the land of the dead. Welcome back to the living.

It is good to be back!

Added today:

All Hail King Julien: Exiled Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Anne with an E Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Get Me Roger Stone (Doc, Netflix Original)
Master of None Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Mindhorn (Comedy, Netflix Original)
Sahara (Family, Netflix Original)
School for Scoundrels (Comedy)

It is good to be back!

Added today:

Then you post a bunch of Netflix original garbage...

giphy.gif

Apparently netflix acct was hacked and someone deleted my profile to make their own profile ... out of 5 to choose from... fml.

The dumb thing is the moron probably would not have been noticed if he didn't try to make his own personal profile. What a dumbass.

Anne isn't a Netflix original though...

What's the policy on those anyway? Why are Anne and Degrassi labeled "Netflix Original" when they aired on TV in different regions before going to Netflix?

Because Canada doesn't count.

And on that note, loving Anne so far after three episodes.

Mindwipe

Anne isn't a Netflix original though...

What's the policy on those anyway? Why are Anne and Degrassi labeled "Netflix Original" when they aired on TV in different regions before going to Netflix?

Netflix call anything that's airing in that territory for the first time exclusively on Netflix a "Netflix Original"now.

Better Call Saul, Designated Survivor and Scream are "Netflix Originals" in the UK.

MattyH

It is good to be back!

Added today:

interesting that mindhorn is a netflix original in the us it just hit uk cinemas

Top Bottom