• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: Official list of Xbox One X titles

U2NUMB

JUST CAUSE 3!!!

C'mon, talk about a game that needs a patch

If I remember right it never got a proper pro patch either BUT running in Boost mode did wonders for it. I believe x1x will also boost performance even without a patch. I sure hope so anyways... Holding out hope for a patch is wasting your time. They have proven not to give a shit about the state of the game on consoles.

EmiPrime

If I remember right it never got a proper pro patch either BUT running in Boost mode did wonders for it. I believe x1x will also boost performance even without a patch. I sure hope so anyways... Holding out hope for a patch is wasting your time. They have proven not to give a shit about the state of the game on consoles.

It will yes.

Trup1aya

Ah so if the game were to release after Nov 7 or just isn't popular enough and doesn't support the Xbox One X it'd be fine because other games from MS are? I don't think it's too much to expect all Microsoft games, at least within the last year to be updated. Sony clearly cares more about the PS4 Pro as they updated way more of their own library. I can understand launch games not getting updated, even though I find that too disappointing. A game that just released that is still getting patched regularly? Disappointing.

I'm mean you've arbitrarily decided what is acceptable support.

Id love for every game you get a 4k patch, but that's unrealistic and might not be The best way for every dev to spend their resources. The MS games that people care most about are the ones that are getting updates - which is a logical way to prioritize - even more logical than prioritizing by release date.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Seems strange that Rise of the Tomb Raider is getting an upgrade but it's not in the list.

Also very surprised Shadow of Mordor isn't getting one. Also Battlefield 1.

Dynomutt

Why is everyone trippin' it says:

*This list will be updated regularly as each respective publisher's/title's specific Xbox One X enhancements are confirmed*

Patience is not a Gaf virtue. All things come to those who wait. Cálmate, Cálmate!

statham

Big list and very much a nice list, but somehow we have to get together as Xbox fans and get Sunset Overdrive a patch and a sequel. kickstarter, tweet, IDK, but we need to come together and show Insomniac and Xbox team, we need a 4k patch and hopefully another SO.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Big list and very much a nice list, but somehow we have to get together as Xbox fans and get Sunset Overdrive a patch and a sequel. kickstarter, tweet, IDK, but we need to come together and show Insomniac and Xbox team, we need a 4k patch and hopefully another SO.

Signed

tumblr_inline_nczezrvKTG1rrd21h.gif

Nah, the official line is that it is still coming. Just never heard about or seen lately. :(

Capybara talked about it at E3 in an interview with Geoff Keighly. They said their studio has two teams. The Ok K.O. team (which was announced at E3), and the other team is the Below team.

They're still working on it, are still targeting to release this year, but as they promised the last time they delayed it, they are going into blackout until they can definitively give a date that they will make. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those games which they will announce the date, and it will come out like two weeks afterwards or something.

DirtyLarry

Now that I have the X pre ordered, strongly, strongly considering changing my Star Wars Battlefront II preorder over to it instead.
My allegiance is to power over everything else. And logic states it will be the better experience for multi plats once it drops.
With that said I am going to hold out and wait for some DF Analysis just to make sure.
But I am tempted to no doubt take a risk on this title.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Now that I have the X pre ordered, strongly, strongly considering changing my Star Wars Battlefront II preorder over to it instead.
My allegiance is to power over everything else. And logic states it will be the better experience for multi plats once it drops.
With that said I am going to hold out and wait for some DF Analysis just to make sure.
But I am tempted to no doubt take a risk on this title.
Sweet power, I'll probably do the same. Guess I better resub my gold membership.

Watch out XBL noobs, prepare to receive the justice!!!!!!!

BubbaMc

Roblox.... What the actual fuck?

Game is crack for kids, but it's extremely poorly done and full of money grabbing. I'm surprised Microsoft would want to be associated with this trash.

poodaddy

I stand with Statham.

Norse

*This list will be updated regularly as each respective publisher’s/title’s specific Xbox One X enhancements are confirmed*

Those of you bitching need to read the entire op and not just the list and freak out. Bolded above is pretty clear.

Cels

Wonder if halo mcc will be on this list at some point. Skeptical judging now it has basically been abandoned by 343 after they chose to release the map packs for the bc versions for free. But single player deserves the enhancements.

JoeLT

Seems strange that Rise of the Tomb Raider is getting an upgrade but it's not in the list.

Also very surprised Shadow of Mordor isn't getting one. Also Battlefield 1.
After Shadow of Mordor got a Pro patch I thought for sure it'd get one here. Apparently not unfortunately, which is a shame considering Shadow of War is partnered with Xbox for advertising

Sony should have really also done something like this.
They did, sort of. They announced which games would be available at launch of PS4 Pro, and the number--with a few examples--of the rest coming in 2016. That's not quite the same as this Microsoft list, which includes everything they know will be patched no matter when it's releasing. But in any case, the PlayStation list was 44 games at launch, and another 45 by the end of 2016.

Here's the list of which games which will be available at the launch of the Xbox One, or a couple days later. (This is presuming that all previously released games with patches announced will be patched day one.) There are 78 titles in this day one list, leaving another 40 coming at some point in the future. Interestingly, none of those future titles seem to have announced 2017 dates, so all 40 appear to be for 2018. (I might've missed one or two, though.)

ARK: Survival Evolved
Assassin's Creed Origins
ASTRONEER
Chess Ultra
Danger Zone
Dark and Light
Dead Rising 4
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition
Dishonored 2
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
Disneyland Adventures
Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
Elex
Elite: Dangerous
EVERSPACE
F1 2017
Fable Fortune
Fallout 4
Farming Simulator 17
FIFA 18
Final Fantasy XV
Firewatch
For Honor
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Motorsport 7
Gears of War 4
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars 2
HITMAN
Homefront: The Revolution
Injustice 2
Killer Instinct
Killing Floor 2
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Madden NFL 18
Mafia III
Mantis Burn Racing
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
Minion Masters
NBA 2K18
Need for Speed Payback
(Nov 10)
Outlast 2
Paladins
Path of Exile
Pixar Rush
Portal Knights
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
Project Cars 2
Quantum Break
Raiders of the Broken Planet
ReCore DE
Resident Evil 7 biohazard
RiME
ROBLOX
Rocket League
Slime Rancher
SMITE
Star Wars Battlefront II
(Nov 14)
STEEP
Super Lucky's Tale
SUPERHOT
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
The Long Dark
The Surge
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Titanfall 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
Tom Clancy's The Division
Train Sim World
Warframe
Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide
We Happy Few
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
World of Tanks
WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship
Zoo Tycoon

Everdred

Yep. I rented it on Xbox One and it was horrific. Just beat it on my PS4 Pro and I enjoyed the game a quite a bit.

Falchion

I'm glad they're getting ahead of the launch with a ton of announced support instead of the mystery surrounding certain games when the Pro was coming out.

Top Bottom