• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

E92 M3

Nice OT, E92.

Subbing! Can't wait to dive in to this. I loved the Beta.

Would love to join up w/ LawbreakersGAF. I'm Champloo4 on PSN.

(Probably won't have it at launch tommorrow since I ordered the CE from Limited Run Games. Hopefully later this week!)

Thanks, and you should get the digital code today or tomorrow before they send out the physical disc.

Pepboy

Although I gave the devs a hard time in the beta thread about the Switch buttons comment, I do hope this game finds an audience and people enjoy it. So I wanted to bump the thread and give it a little exposure.

Personally, even after reading the OT, I'm still confused what this game is. I get now it's not overwatch. But how does the title lawbreakers connect to blitzball? Are these caught criminals who are fighting for entertainment like ancient gladiators? Or more broadly, what do you do in this game? I'll try reading OT one more time but if someone can ELI5, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: I guess I don't understand if it's first person? Third person? What is a gravity differential in the context of gameplay? I don't have access to youtube at the moment and the pictures seem too busy to clearly describe whats going on.

Edit2: ah sorry I see now the OP mentions FPS.

E92 M3

Although I gave the devs a hard time in the beta thread about the Switch buttons comment, I do hope this game finds an audience and people enjoy it. So I wanted to bump the thread and give it a little exposure.

Personally, even after reading the OT, I'm still confused what this game is. I get now it's not overwatch. But how does the title lawbreakers connect to blitzball? Are these caught criminals who are fighting for entertainment like ancient gladiators? Or more broadly, what do you do in this game? I'll try reading OT one more time but if someone can ELI5, I'd appreciate it.

It's a team-based shooter where each player selects their own hero character. The speed is closer is Titanfall, and it's heavily focused on skilled combat. Some characters are easier to play than others.

Pepboy

It's a team-based shooter where each player selects their own hero character. The speed is closer is Titanfall, and it's heavily focused on skilled combat. Some characters are easier to play than others.

Thank you! I did enjoy Overwatch but usually am not that fond of FPS. I will keep an eye on impressions and reviews though.

Also wanted to give a quick thank you to the developers for including a vast array of people of color and both sexes. Nice to see more inclusion along these lines.

Budi

Thank you! I did enjoy Overwatch but usually am not that fond of FPS. I will keep an eye on impressions and reviews though.

Also wanted to give a quick thank you to the developers for including a vast array of people of color and both sexes. Nice to see more inclusion along these lines.
Yeah absolutely, also it pretty much avoids sexualization on it's female characters. I mean sure there's some "boob armor" if someone takes issues with that. But it's still pretty damn mild compared to many other games with wide hero pools. Also to add in your questions about the game, aerial combat plays a big part in most of these maps with their zero gravity zones. So it's just not through rocketpack like abilities. The aerial combat and "skiing" makes this remind me of Tribes.

Pepboy

Yeah absolutely, also it pretty much avoids sexualization on it's female characters. I mean sure there's some "boob armor" if someone takes issues with that. But it's still pretty damn mild compared to many other games with wide hero pools. Also to add in your questions about the game, aerial combat plays a big part in most of these maps with their zero gravity zones. So it's just not through rocketpack like abilities. The aerial combat and "skiing" makes this remind me of Tribes.

Thank you for the additional info! If I could make one small advice for OP, maybe one or two GIFs could go a long way? I know they take bandwidth but for those who don't have access to youtube / at work, it might convince someone to keep researching later? But probably just my personal preference.

Budi

Thank you for the additional info! If I could make one small advice for OP, maybe one or two GIFs could go a long way? I know they take bandwidth but for those who don't have access to youtube / at work, it might convince someone to keep researching later? But probably just my personal preference.
Seconded! I feel that one can get really "boss" gifs about this game =P Something to highlight the movement at it's best.

dugdug

Banned
Psyched to get home tomorrow and fire this up. Think I'm the only person on my friends list picking it up though, so, might need some help. Is there a list of GAF people on PS4 playing it that I could add my name to?

rikichi

Nice job on the OT! Simple and straight to the point.

Very much looking forward to playing the game tonight.

Great OT. I'm really excited for launch, and if you told me that after the earlier betas and previews of this game I'd have said you were crazy. This game improved so much over the past few months to the point where now I expect it to be my main shooter for the near future.

Can't wait to try Harrier.

Perineum

Fantastic OT, OP! I should be brave and make an OT next time for a game few people want to do that I am hyped for like this one.

I wanted to add one other thing for others who are Twitch prime members:

https://blog.twitch.tv/first-look-a...rple-items-with-cliff-bleszinski-a43794438c73

Tons of cool stuff for Prime guys like myself, the biggest of which, is a Kappa avatar in game! That's pretty awesome if you ask me.

Also, I am surprised that the OT title I suggested was liked as much as it was. First time ever on GAF to see that. Woo hoo!

Gunslinger > your waifu.

E92 M3

Great OT. I'm really excited for launch, and if you told me that after the earlier betas and previews of this game I'd have said you were crazy. This game improved so much over the past few months to the point where now I expect it to be my main shooter for the near future.

Can't wait to try Harrier.

Fantastic OT, OP! I should be brave and make an OT next time for a game few people want to do that I am hyped for like this one.

I wanted to add one other thing for others who are Twitch prime members:

https://blog.twitch.tv/first-look-a...rple-items-with-cliff-bleszinski-a43794438c73

Tons of cool stuff for Prime guys like myself, the biggest of which, is a Kappa avatar in game! That's pretty awesome if you ask me.

Also, I am surprised that the OT title I suggested was liked as much as it was. First time ever on GAF to see that. Woo hoo!

Gunslinger > your waifu.

Thanks, gents! And I'll add a misc section tonight. It is my first OT so still working out the kinks ;)

rikichi

Thanks, and you should get the digital code today or tomorrow before they send out the physical disc.

I actually bought the LRG disc and on twitter they said they would be sending out codes for the PS4 ver later this week. But you're saying we should get them today or possibly tomorrow? I'm hoping that's true.

E92 M3

I actually bought the LRG disc and on twitter they said they would be sending out codes for the PS4 ver later this week. But you're saying we should get them today or possibly tomorrow? I'm hoping that's true.

That's what I remember reading on their site.

This is a very nice OT!

I just got my code for the Deadzo Deluxe, and my physical copy from LRG should be in the mail this week. Can't wait to load this up again on my PC!!

Curiously watching the Steam population count for this game to see if it's worth picking up.

Beta numbers indicate this game's dead on PC, but we'll see.

Curiously watching the Steam population count for this game to see if it's worth picking up.

Beta numbers indicate this game's dead on PC, but we'll see.

Yeah there isn't any hype for this game at all it seems. I didn't get a chance to play the beta so no idea how it is or how well it will do. I actually had no idea this game was even coming out so soon if it wasn't for seeing this OT.

hydruxo

Yeah there isn't any hype for this game at all it seems. I didn't get a chance to play the beta so no idea how it is or how well it will do. I actually had no idea this game was even coming out so soon if it wasn't for seeing this OT.

I think it'll be a little slow out of the gate number wise but I'd expect it'll pick up over time. There's some generic stuff on the surface of LB that probably puts people off, but the gameplay itself is fun as hell so hopefully once it's out word of mouth will get people interested.

Bladelaw

Played the beta and thought it would be a lot of fun in a LAN setting. I didn't see but is there an option for a private game? This would put it above Overwatch for our group.

I know it's online only but even just being able to create a password protected lobby to have 8-12 people join and play would be stellar.

Did this game not have a preload, or is Steam just a little slow to update player population? Still says 31 playing, and that's what it was saying before the game came out.

Seconded! I feel that one can get really "boss" gifs about this game =P Something to highlight the movement at it's best.

I'll gladly take the time to make some cool GIFs, especially if we can get some people from GAF together in a game later :D

I have the Steam version so if anyone else has it please let me know and we can group up at some point.

I'll need to find a better way to convert my OBS recordings into GIFs since they lose alot of quality the way I'm doing it now, if anyone has any tips they'd be greatly appreciated since the recordings are super high quality so it's a bummer to end up with non-representative GIFs.

I'll make sure to get some cool moment to moment footage of cool plays, but here's a quick example of the type of stuff I'll be recording for the OP in order to show off the traversal for each character, (this is from one of the beta's and the footage is much lower quality than the original OBS recording)

giphy.gif

Strider

I learned a long time ago to not pre-load on steam. Way faster for me to just download it post release than to deal with that horrendous unpacking process... Saw lots of people complaining about it on the steam hub.

Got a couple matches in with gunslinger class... I love the pistols + throwing knife combo.

Budi

I'll make sure to get some cool moment to moment footage of cool plays, but here's a quick example of the type of stuff I'll be recording for the OP in order to show off the traversal for each character, (this is from one of the beta's and the footage is much lower quality than the original OBS recording)

giphy.gif
Even just watching the GIF feels so good.

Tried a round when the beta went live and I was awful at it but I think I still want to get the full game. Who is the best hero to pick when you first start out?

Top Bottom