• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Review Thread

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I wrote the review for the Dutch site InsideGamer. We're also on Metacritic.

While it's in Dutch, I've translated the review for you folk. I give it an 8,5.

"Uncharted: The Lost Legacy takes the best elements out of the entire series and combines it in a short, spectacular adventure. The stand-alone dlc is a nice warm bath for returning players and a great way for new players to get to know the franchise. During the game, we couldn't shake the feeling that we experienced it all before. Naughty Dog seems to have done it all with Uncharted now, it's time for something new. The Lost Legacy is a nice epilogue on the final chapter of the series for everyone that wasn't quite ready to say goodbye yet."
This is almost exactly what I was expecting. Thanks.

I'm not surprised by IGN's 7.5. I'm kind of surprised Marty reviewed it based on his negative feelings toward Uncharted 4. Meanwhile, Lucy reviewed that game and gave it a 9.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Expected scores so far, can see this ending up with an 83 MC.

MattAces

ewCbiuu.png

1mabInX.png

Our review in Chinese, we gave it a 9.

Pros:

Fantastic graphics and art direction
Tight narrative
Heartfelt and sometimes cute character relationship
Great take on the Indian scenery and culture

Cons:

Certain combat sections dragged for too long

UrbanRats

I need a review from someone who didn't like Uncharted 4 though, so i know it'd line up with my tastes.
Or at least know how it compares to it, in terms of pacing.

Milennia

seems to be a little on the short side but for the price im just going to pick it up no questions asked, if its good enough i may replay

Donos

Our review in Chinese, we gave it a 9.

Pros:

Fantastic graphics and art direction
Tight narrative
Heartfelt and sometimes cute character relationship
Great take on the Indian scenery and culture

Cons:

Certain combat sections dragged for too long

This is going to be good news for people who said the "walking simulator" sections were to long and wanted more combat.

I need a review from someone who didn't like Uncharted 4 though, so i know it'd line up with my tastes.
Or at least know how it compares to it, in terms of pacing.

gameplay wise its just a mini uncharted 4

pacing is better because it takes place across a single location, there are no flashback chapters, etc. Very straightforward like UC1 and 2

Dadasch

Watched that IGN Video...main gripe: Familiarity, it's basically a BestOf. Oh and boring "Open World" but that was expected.
I don't take that serious for a second.

the 4 reviews i read said it was 6

Without optional content and rushing its 6. With the optional content its 8-9.

Like I said in my review it has everything you expect from a 'big' uncharted game only more compact.

All the set pieces feel like a repeat of previous set pieces in the series though. After the nice feeling of playing a new Uncharted wears off you kinda get the same old, same old feeling.

But it still plays better and more fluently than 99 percent of other games. There are some breathtaking vistas.

Oh and Chloe is fantastic and you get to know her a lot better. Nadine is a bit underdeveloped.

bombshell

Some have taken 12-14. There is a reason discussed in most reviews but hours spreads will be pretty different.

I take it it's a case of either blasting through the game for the low times and taking your time with the side quests (!) for the higher times?

Karak

So, they lied about the 10 hours campaign?

Nope some have taken 10 and more.

I take it it's a case of either blasting through the game for the low times and taking your time with the side quests (!) for the higher times?
Pretty much. . If your not speed running i really don't consider rushing a thing. The game forces tension on you, so fucking around might not make sense. Or it might to some folks.

Milennia

Some have taken 12-14. There is a reason discussed in most reviews but hours spreads will be pretty different.

i imagine its how much time you spend in the sandbox, i would have bought this regardless because im a fan of the series

however for the price the first thing i looked for was the length

Top Bottom