• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin and Central Texas Community |OT| Tacos, Tunes, Traffic, and Torridity

Zoe

I feel like central Austin is between 183 and the river or maybe 71.

I have trouble not conceptualizing 183 as an east-west roadway though.

So I'm coming back to Austin for the USGP and since I did a few things last time I was there. This time I've got a few extra days to see more of what the area has to offer. I'm looking for some new suggestions of places to go.

Went:
Rainey Street/Bangers
Franklins
Blacks BBQ
Gus's fried chicken
Ramen Tatsuya
Shake Shack
Alamo Drafthouse SL
Torchys Tacos

Looking at going to
The Range
Uchi
Diner 24
Kemuri

Zoe

Look at the menu of Uchi and Uchiko, you may prefer one over the other.

I would add Gourdoughs to the list.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm coming back to Austin for the USGP and since I did a few things last time I was there. This time I've got a few extra days to see more of what the area has to offer. I'm looking for some new suggestions of places to go.

Went:
Rainey Street/Bangers
Franklins
Blacks BBQ
Gus's fried chicken
Ramen Tatsuya
Shake Shack
Alamo Drafthouse SL
Torchys Tacos

Looking at going to
The Range
Uchi
Diner 24
Kemuri

Emmer and Rye

So it finally happened: Got an executive chef gig. PM me if you wanna know where, I wanna keep it on the DL for now. It's gonna be quite a rebranding of the image so I've got my work cut out for me, but I'm so fucking excited.

Went:
Rainey Street/Bangers
Franklins
Blacks BBQ
Gus's fried chicken
Ramen Tatsuya
Shake Shack
Alamo Drafthouse SL
Torchys Tacos

Looking at going to
The Range
Uchi
Diner 24
Kemuri
Kemuri is... not nearly as good as everyone makes it out to be. At all. Fukumoto is way better yakitori and overall good Japanese food.

I'd recommend The Odd Duck over 24 Diner, which is overpriced and nothing remarkable.

So it finally happened: Got an executive chef gig. PM me if you wanna know where, I wanna keep it on the DL for now. It's gonna be quite a rebranding of the image so I've got my work cut out for me, but I'm so fucking excited.

Kemuri is... not nearly as good as everyone makes it out to be. At all. Fukumoto is way better yakitori and overall good Japanese food.

I'd recommend The Odd Duck over 24 Diner, which is overpriced and nothing remarkable.

That's awesome, Etrian; congratulations. Great opportunity. I'd like that PM. Have you started in the role already?

Top Bottom