• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S4 |OT| ZaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAACH

Sanctuary

Thread title says it all. The worst character on TV in ages just keeps on giving. When you don't think it's possible for the actor to act any worse, or the writers to give him any more cliched cheese, they just keep subverting expectations. 2005 called and wants its hair back too.

Just finished last week's episode. So how exactly did they "save"
Charlotte, since Eichorst could just use his vamp celerity to get to her in the blink of an eye?
Plot armored wall?

Sir Doom

I guess it's a typical end for Eichorst under the hands of Setrakien.
I bet they are going under a tunnel to get that nuke across

Oh yeah, how did Setrakien not die when Eichorst started sucking his blood? Why was he not infected?

Hard to tell. Eichorst appeared to have stopped mid slurp due to the thinned out blood jacking him up? As far as why Setrakien hasn't turned...maybe it's too soon to tell? I'm sure they'll bullshit their way out of it (i.e. that white spunk he's been drinking might've given him some measure of immunity against the worms). At this point, who the hell knows lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hard to tell. Eichorst appeared to have stopped mid slurp due to the thinned out blood jacking him up? As far as why Setrakien hasn't turned...maybe it's too soon to tell? I'm sure they'll bullshit their way out of it (i.e. that white spunk he's been drinking might've given him some measure of immunity against the worms). At this point, who the hell knows lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's also not forget he took a whole bottle of blood thinners...

Phew, that was a pretty lit episode, especially the last 15 minutes. Can't believe this show managed to give some weight to Sertrakian killing Eichorst and due it justice, I thought for sure they would fumble it and that initial lame stab through the chest was it.

That being said, this show is so fucking mean spirited to its side characters lmao. If you weren't there in season 1 prepare to have you neck unceremoniously snapped or sucked on, lord. It really makes me kinda salty we even wasted time on them. I don't even remember the nuke guy's name but I'm pulling for him to make it just by virtue of how many lower cast members who have been killed off.

I'm wondering if Sertrakian is done though? He took a lot of blood thinners, but he's also used the white frequently, and he obviously wasn't completely drained. Preview for next week did have a cool moment of him giving his sword to Quinlan and telling them to not let his work be in vain though so I'm guessing he dies after going over how to kill the master.
Wonder if they are still gonna do the whole island thing.

DrCheese

Oh yeah, how did Setrakien not die when Eichorst started sucking his blood? Why was he not infected?

They don't always die when being fed upon & he probably was infected but it takes time for the worms to do their work (Hense why they have the UV light scanner thing)

I would guess he'll die in the next episode to stop him turning, it'll be a bit of a rip if they find some way to keep him around

I wish the rest of the season had been like this, the first half just felt dragged out and slow which is fine if they'd have had a few more episodes than they got (10)

Camwi

Ok, just going to comment here and then bail out to avoid spoilers, but my wife and I just caught up to the end of season 3, and while the episode contained the usual over-the-top cheesiness (I hate you!!!!), watching the nuke go off was still pretty damn badass, as was the half-vampire dude kicking ass.

Didn't know this was the last season until I read the OP. Seems like a good place for the show to end. I'm going to go ahead and guess that the season ends with the Master taking over Zach, and then Eph killing his son at the very end, and everyone cheers because Zach fucking sucks.

Crazy to think about how Zach went from a boring nobody in the first season (and first actor), to the shithead that he is now.

I've never wanted a child to die this much since
Ollie
from Game of Thrones.

big ander

The infection is going to work slowly on Setrakian due to his health/self-medication with the worm potion. then they're going to kill the master and he'll be a free half-strigoi or something.

IronRinn

The infection is going to work slowly on Setrakian due to his health/self-medication with the worm potion. then they're going to kill the master and he'll be a free half-strigoi or something.
I'm betting he dies next episode and then, BAM, 5 year time jump. Just 'cause.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'm going to miss Eichhorst as a character but yeah, it's about time. Abraham finally putting him down was probably one of the most thrilling things this show has managed, though that isn't saying much.

It's pretty terrible, even for The Strain, that the show spent all that time building up Alex just so she could have her neck unceremoniously snapped.

Yeah, no build up, not even dying as a hero. Just killed for no reason. I guess they want to cut the cast down to the core again for the final episodes, but you can do a better job than that. I guess they wanted some shock value, but it didn't work for me.

DeviantBoi

Yeah, no build up, not even dying as a hero. Just killed for no reason. I guess they want to cut the cast down to the core again for the final episodes, but you can do a better job than that. I guess they wanted some shock value, but it didn't work for me.

Probably won't matter if she died now or at the end... if you're gonna blow a nuke, odds are you won't make it out.

Don't think the show will have a happy ending for any of the main cast.

Probably won't matter if she died now or at the end... if you're gonna blow a nuke, odds are you won't make it out.

Don't think the show will have a happy ending for any of the main cast.
Book spoilers.

You're probably right considering in the book the only survivors are Fet and Nora (who is dead in the show). I'm betting here it'll be Fet, Dutch, and Gus maybe.

Not a bad episode. Glad bitch ass Eichorst is finally dead. Really hate that black lady and Gus's cousin were killed, especially the former. And I have no idea how Setrakian is still alive.

Mindlog

I knew Gus's cousin was going to get it before they even introduced him.
There is either a very secretive tunnel that nobody knew of until now or they find a boat and go across the river.
Does the path still go through Marlo's island for reasons?

Find out next week on (audience in unison)... Why do we keep watching?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Extraction

The team regroup and try to relocate the Master by tracking him through human collaborators, beginning at the blood farm with someone Dutch knows all too well.

Ah yes. How could I forget Zack's new zombie vamp girlfriend.

So I'm guessing the master is gonna use Zack to find out where the bomb is or something.

"I'm no traitor." Says the human now working for the master.

This is your chance Eph. End him now. Please! You have got to know this is a trap.

I'm guessing because Abe has lived this long that they are going to have his death be a "I'm the last one, you need to kill me" type deal.

Which would be fine by me. His death in the second book was super non-existent.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They don't always die when being fed upon & he probably was infected but it takes time for the worms to do their work (Hense why they have the UV light scanner thing)

I would guess he'll die in the next episode to stop him turning

Ding ding ding!

His death progressed logically(ish) following the events of last week's episode and they actually went through with it and didn't drag it out too long. Color me surprised.

Shy

So i caught up with the 5 episodes i was behind on, and.............. *shrugs* eh.

This is an artist's interpretation of Zack.
dg2VPTb.png

kurahador

"Wow...you're hot." Said Zack while being hugged by his strigoi crush.

Fucker better die a horrible death by next episode.

Mondrian

You guys this isn't season 4 related but honestly i just watched the s3 finale and that's easily the absolute dumbest thing I've ever witnessed on TV. I was like too embarrassed to even talk about with my brother. Do I even bother to continue with season 4?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You guys this isn't season 4 related but honestly i just watched the s3 finale and that's easily the absolute dumbest thing I've ever witnessed on TV. I was like too embarrassed to even talk about with my brother. Do I even bother to continue with season 4?

Most of the season has been dull and uneventful, so you could probably just watch the premiere and the last 4 episodes and be good.

jelly

"Wow...you're hot." Said Zack while being hugged by his strigoi crush.

Fucker better die a horrible death by next episode.

I found that so bad I assumed she was rigged with a bomb that is warm for some reason and she will follow Zack to the HQ or wherever to kill everyone.

It's a pretty boring season, but outside of being mostly uneventful it doesn't have as many out and out stupid things as previous seasons did, outside of being a little mean spirited with character deaths, + if you've made it this far already...

Don't you wanna see Zach get his?

Top Bottom