• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

CJ_AB_yXAAE0hf9.jpg

Well I'm convinced

Literally the entire movie focuses on Boruto's character, and him growing from a spoiled but talented jackass of a kid who has daddy issues to a guy who respects the value of hard work that is symbolized with his father's struggles.

'He's a Mary Sue' is so reductionist, I wonder if you actually watched the film at all and didn't just read the synopsis on Wikipedia. We know Boruto's talented, but because of that talent, he slacks the fuck off. The scene with the video game proved this, him giving up Rasengan after Sasuke rejects it, etc. He always takes the easy way out, so he isn't nearly as strong as he could be.

rambis

Banned
Literally the entire movie focuses on Boruto's character, and him growing from a spoiled but talented jackass of a kid who has daddy issues to a guy who respects the value of hard work that is symbolized with his father's struggles.

'He's a Mary Sue' is so reductionist, I wonder if you actually watched the film at all and didn't just read the synopsis on Wikipedia. We know Boruto's talented, but because of that talent, he slacks the fuck off. The scene with the video game proved this, him giving up Rasengan after Sasuke rejects it, etc. He always takes the easy way out, so he isn't nearly as strong as he could be.
Exactly. The plot is so easy and basic to understand that I think people are just being obtuse or just want to put their own spin on.

Big Chungus

Anyone else read that new Boruto manga?

Is it real or fan made?

Shows an older Boruto with a scar over one eye battling some guy

edit: lol guess i missed it

Yado

Anyone else read that new Boruto manga?

Is it real or fan made?

Shows an older Boruto with a scar over one eye battling some guy

edit: lol guess i missed it

I think the second chapter is dropping soon actually. Raws are out there.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Second chapter is out. More of the movie in manga form.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's Dragon Ball Super all over again

Based on the current pace, it will be 5 or 6 chapters before we get past movie content. Considering this is a monthly manga, it looks like we might not be seeing new content until next year. SMH. Either way I'm hyped to see more of the new generation lol

Mendrox

Haven't watched Boruto yet, but was that 8 Tails fight in the movie too? Chapter 2 seems a bit better than 1, but well it's movie content.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's so obvious this guy is trying to make Sarada sexy

I wish she'd put some pants on.

There's "short" skirts, and then there's "strip of fabric that just barely covers the legal definition of clothing."

Her little neck bow is doofy as hell, too.

brinstar

As someone who hasn't seen Boruto yet, I thought this chapter was much better than the first art-wise. (except Sarada's godawful outfit)

also, B ;___;

lordmrw

I think he is growing into his style and its beginning to show. I still think redesigning the outfits was completely unnecessary but whatever. At this point I really just hate the way he draws hair.

Art was much better this chapter around. Still vastly prefer Kishimoto's style, but I have a feeling this guy will eventually form his own tricks and niches that'll make him on-par with and more importantly, different from, his predecessor.

I like how he focused on the ice palace fight, though. Best fight in the movie after the final one.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wait, does Sasuke have RInnegan in both eyes now, or is that an art error?

After the "Oh-ho, a Rinnegan?" panel there's a close-up of Sasuke's face where he appears to have Rinnegan in both eyes.

TUSR

Banned

After the "Oh-ho, a Rinnegan?" panel there's a close-up of Sasuke's face where he appears to have Rinnegan in both eyes.

Sasuke should have Rinnegan with tomes in both eyes?

Edit: Or not?

rambis

Banned

Nah its just his regular 3T sharingan. Its only one row if you look closely.

Khezu

I thought that was supposed to be the main character from the kishis twin brother's manga that was totally not Naruto reskinned.

Cwarrior

So I just watch the boruto movie, for someone who dislikes all the naruto movies except movie 2 (like parts of movie 3 and the last naruto movie was okay), this by far the best naruto movie, surprisingly good for an anime movie (even kishi is several leagues above your average anime movie script writer)

The movies focus was pretty simple and well done,Naruto responsibility as hokage has really not allowed him to spend much time with his family especially his mini me *cough" I mean son.And his cheat code loving son is willing to cheat in the chunnin exam instead of working hard in order to impress his father(kids these days and there short cuts).

Movie had explosion of animation on the later part giving us the best anime fight in naruto movie since that rock lee fight in movie 3.

chunin exam part was cool wished there was a lot more of it

Down side - does every nartuo thing have to end with rasengan

I thought that was supposed to be the main character from the kishis twin brother's manga that was totally not Naruto reskinned.
Twin brother? There's more than one of that hack?
So I just watch the boruto movie, for someone who dislikes all the naruto movies except movie 2 (like parts of movie 3 and the last naruto movie was okay), this by far the best naruto movie, surprisingly good for an anime movie (even kishi is several leagues above your average anime movie script writer)

The movies focus was pretty simple and well done,Naruto responsibility as hokage has really not allowed him to spend much time with his family especially his mini me *cough" I mean son.And his cheat code loving son is willing to cheat in the chunnin exam instead of working hard in order to impress his father(kids these days and there short cuts).

Movie had explosion of animation on the later part giving us the best anime fight in naruto movie since that rock lee fight in movie 3.
It's the best one cause Sasuke, his daughter and Orochimaru spawn are the best characters. Not enough Sarada and Mitsuki though.

SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

Ninja Jesus will just rise again after three days

Top Bottom