• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm sorry but Irvin/Rivaille or Rivaille/Duty or Rivaille/Cleanliness are the only possible pairings.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm honestly surprised that attack of the titans have a huge fujoshi fanbase.

Seems like a weird series for them to latch on to.

Haly

I hope it's not Levi.

Young boys heroically bleeding for each other.

You know, all those hints about Reiner and Bertholdt, I actually interpreted them to imply that he's gay.

And then he went titan on us.

He can still be gay though, just a gay titan.

Dresden

Rivaille/Eren is perfect. Rivaille is everything Eren wanted to be. One day, after some terse conversation over dinner, Rivaille sneaks into Eren's room . . . Ooh, senpai, etc, etc. Let me show you how the 3D manuever gear really works. Wait, I need to refill my blades. Oh, I got your refill right here . . .

Branduil

It's got a bunch of cool male characters, why is that surprising? Plus the close bonding that can only come from constant shared near-death experiences and warfare, etc.

Haly

Giant naked dudes of varying bodytype in every major assault. Lays down a pretty concrete foundation.
image.php

No it doesn't.

What Branduil said is accurate. Wherever you have boys being nakamas, you'll have fangirls.
Who doesn't beat up Eren?

Armin.

Unless you count psychological abuse.

Haly

Mostly just because most of the males aren't really that attractive.

Doesn't stop One Piece doujins from being high in da chartz.

Or the JoJo doujins of old. Hell, CLAMP started with JoJo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno. Jojo at least I can see because starting from part 2 everyone gets crazy fabulous, with next to no meaningful female love interest, and with reality-bending physiques. Just look at the first appearance of the pillar men. *swoon*

2. Mikasa's butt

Done already. Trust me.

Haly

I just hope the titans aren't involved somewhere.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cross posting from the Manga thread:

So uh, Shingeki no Kyojin popularity poll

01. Levi (3952)
02. Eren (2244)
03. Mikasa (2232)
04. Sasha (818)
05. Christa (664)
06. Annie (452)
07. Hanji (388)
08. Reiner (348)
09. Jean (310)
10. Armin (290)

01. Colossal Titan (64)
02. Armored Titan (44)
03. Hairy Titan (12)
04. Female Titan
05. Titan in the Wall

How is Mikasa below Eren, I call bullshit.

Poor Armin... he is pretty useless though.

Jubern

After seeing the first two episodes, I started to think it was waaaaay too risky to just follow the anime and read the entire thing. It was really entertaining though that reveal in 42 was pretty... awkward. I actually went several pages back to ensure I did not miss any information or big panel or anything, this was so weird.

Just a question: didn't Nick, the priest dude, said that Harmonia was supposed to be able to give some answers because she was the heir to a big family? I'm pretty surprised they didn't ask her ANYTHING yet.

duckroll

No one in the manga actually wants answers. Their only purpose is to misdirect the viewer into thinking there's something amazing and mysterious to look forward to before stabbing them in the dick.

the mangaka is such a bloody tease.

Every time when you thought the 'good' guys would have a break, e.g. arrest of titan-annie in the woods, she escaped after killing off a bunch characters. Every time when you thought some mysteries would be revealed, e.g. the arrest of annie, she turned into crystal.

While I enjoy the overall very dark settings and despotic nature of the titans, the series might run into the same trouble as game of thrones later books,
let's kill off characters and/or make them going round in circles enduring more pain and setbacks.

And eren is so very much your typical male protagonist in manga.

Erigu

didn't Nick, the priest dude, said that Harmonia was supposed to be able to give some answers because she was the heir to a big family? I'm pretty surprised they didn't ask her ANYTHING yet.
He also said that she doesn't know anything at the moment. She could get answers from her family though.

Haly

Eren's character, while very run-of-the-mill shounen, is tolerable because he gets shut down by everyone else all the time.

Branduil

Eren's character, while very run-of-the-mill shounen, is tolerable because he gets shut down by everyone else all the time.

Pretty much. Eren is a deconstruction of the typical angry shounen protagonist; hence his extreme anger issues and borderline derangement; not to mention the contrast caused by placing him in a world where willpower can only get you so far and most people he's with die horribly.

Branduil

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, I could always tell that Ymir was a girl.

Hanji is pretty good, especially when she researched the titans.

Erigu

On the subject of female characters, I wonder if I'm alone in thinking Hanji is the best one?
If she's actually confirmed to be female, anyway!
(last time I saw the author talk about Hanji, he said he didn't want to confirm the character's gender)

The current discussion reminded me of the biggest twist in the series: that Ymir is a girl.
Not much of a twist: she was said to be female just one page after her first appearance. :þ

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If she's actually confirmed to be female, anyway!
(last time I saw the author talk about Hanji, he said he didn't want to confirm the character's gender)

Not much of a twist: she was said to be female just one page after her first appearance. :þ

Wait, what? D:

Haly

On the subject of female characters, I wonder if I'm alone in thinking Hanji is the best one?

Hanji is a close third behind Sasha and Mikasa. And the only reason is because potato moe >dead eyes moe > SCIENCE moe.

EDIT: lol dreams shattered

Erigu

Wait, what? D:
He apparently considers the gender of his characters to be about as relevant as their blood type.

(I believe Hanji is voiced by a woman though, for what it's worth)

EDIT: Wait, Hanji is voiced by Park Romi. Might not be worth all that much, then! ^^

Top Bottom