• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

389648_338196866229468_100001174717256_886566_1958063550_n.jpg

I love me some Santans but I can't scroll any more.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
If you go here the Santans' MIGHT love you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santans

Oh man, I've been finishing books! Feels good! I completed The History of the Ancient World yesterday and A Short History of the Spanish Language today. Now I'm going to try and finish The Adventure of English. Excitement!

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that being up in the morning sucks. I lack the will to get started on work and there is hardly anyone up on gaf or new news to be had.

Oh man, I've been finishing books! Feels good! I completed The History of the Ancient World yesterday and A Short History of the Spanish Language today. Now I'm going to try and finish The Adventure of English. Excitement!
All sound very interesting to me.

I'm currently reading Lords of Finance, Introduction to Neuropsychopharmacology and Man's Fate by Andre Malraux.

And I'd live in Europe, if only I could get a job there. Damn Spanish economy.

It's only meant for people whose NeoGAF accounts have not been activated or who are too bashful to post in regular N-GAF.

That's kinda what bothers me about it, the actual materialization of the those lurking and watching a section of GAF. It honestly kinda give me a semi-panic attack of being "watched".

That's kinda what bothers me about it, the actual materialization of the those lurking and watching a section of GAF. It honestly kinda give me a semi-panic attack of being "watched".

Are you one of those people who took less than a year to get activated? Did you seriously not read GAF at all while you were waiting?

Emitan

I don't see the big deal. But maybe that's beacuse know people were actually watching me while they were waiting to get registered. They're just reading forum posts, not stalking.

Are you one of those people who took less than a year to get activated? Did you seriously not read GAF at all while you were waiting?

It's not like i can't relate , I spent a year(maybe even two) completely unable to even register due to not having a paid for email account. It's just I had no real urgent desire to communicate with gaf while lurking to the point of posting on another forum in relation to gaf. and now that i am a gaffer i tend to forget that there are tons of people lurking and reading these posts, I don't really dwell on that idea.It's not a super huge big deal or anything I just find such a site as "going too far".

edit: It only took a month from when i officially registered but i dont think that matters since I lurked for two years with no desperate desire to communicate.

^I have nothing against the idea of lurkers, I just dont dwell on it and i feel making a site so lurkers can talk about the going ons of particular nintendo related things on GAF to be a bit...weird that's all really.Also your post makes it seem like i'm not uncomfortable with active members reading my posts and discussing it somewhere...on an irc...where bw2 spoilers arent allowed...yeah.

RawPower

Banned
I don't think Nintendo fans are inherently worse than other fanboys. You should have seen the way Sony fanboys were acting after the price for the PS3 was announced. To me, that was proof that most fanboys, regardless of loyalty, are nuts. I think it's just that Nintendo fans are more vocal right now because they (the company, that is) have been taking more heat lately, so that makes them more defensive.

I totally disagree. Nintendo have crazier fans on average. It's understandable, they've been around a lot longer. More people 'grew up' with them.

More zealous, maybe. Crazier, certainly not. If a judgment on that has to be made, it easily goes to "I've never seen you in this thread before, you must be a troll" Sony fans.

Personally I think all are equally crazy but some groups take their crazy everywhere and others just keep it self contained with their own little group and threads.

It's not like i can't relate , I spent a year(maybe even two) completely unable to even register due to not having a paid for email account. It's just I had no real urgent desire to communicate with gaf while lurking to the point of posting on another forum in relation to gaf. and now that i am a gaffer i tend to forget that there are tons of people lurking and reading these posts, I don't really dwell on that idea.It's not a super huge big deal or anything I just find such a site as "going too far".

I don't understand how it's really going too far. It's a backup Forum for people who want to contribute to the "Wii U Speculation" threads on NeoGAF but cannot. It was made by a person in that thread to help them out.

edit: It only took a month from when i officially registered but i dont think that matters since I lurked for two years with no desperate desire to communicate.

…RAAAAAAGE!
it took more time for me to get activated than you spent both lurking and waiting

Well when i say going too far i mean in relation to the wii speculation thread which i think has been a bit crazy in and of itself lately. Really to be frank I just find it to be really really weird.

^I have nothing against the idea of lurkers, I just dont dwell on it and i feel making a site so lurkers can talk about the going ons of particular nintendo related things on GAF to be a bit...weird that's all really.Also your post makes it seem like i'm not uncomfortable with active members reading my posts and discussing it somewhere...on an irc...where bw2 spoilers arent allowed...yeah.

Oh, wait. You're looking at the wrong website.

Spanish website who'd been secretly stalking NeoGAF for the past week and a half. They stole our user pics and our "Hype Train" jpeg, among others, and we trolled them for a bit, then we established a rapport.

The "Nintendo GAF" forum, on the other hand, was explicitly created with WUST's blessing and is completely open about their enthusiasm with Nintendo and their relationship with NeoGAF.

Well when i say going too far i mean in relation to the wii speculation thread which i think has been a bit crazy in a of itself lately. Really to be frank I just find it to be really really weird.

Oh, yeah, WUST is pretty nutballs. I can't deny that, especially since I'm one of the prime nutballs there.

But it's all in good fun. They're even learning how to refrain from applying "Serious Business" GAF methodology in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom