• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

ZeroX03

Banned
Bless Token Shaman for staying steady in this new meta.

I'm going to hold onto it for dear life until the next set.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Managed to hit rank 5 with my shitty homebrew Demon Warlock deck

let's see how high i can get it

Finally made it to rank 5. Thanks token shaman.

Last game was against this bizarre druid deck that was trying to be both Aggro and Jade at the same time. Pirates, Living Mana, Druid of the Swarm, Power of the Wild, AND the entire Jade Package with at least one Ultimate Infestation. Strange, Strange, strange.

I am going to be so damn happy once Ice Block is gone.

Never again will I have to deal with that stupid fucking card.

Edit: There, rank 5 done. Thanks for the list Mobius, it was cruise control for the most part outside of a bad 3 game run near the end.

I wonder if there's a workable quest Priest deck out there. I guess nobody really bothers since Highlander is so much better but it actually feels like it could be kind of close to viable.

Sande

I wonder if there's a workable quest Priest deck out there. I guess nobody really bothers since Highlander is so much better but it actually feels like it could be kind of close to viable.
I don't really see the point of the quest. It's a one time heal that comes too late for the match-ups it would actually matter in. Not exactly something you'd want to cripple your deck for.

Tunoku

Does anyone have some sick tech for the hunter mirror? I really hate it right now, it feels like it's all about snowballing your opponent and once your life total has hit a certain point you are certain to lose.

Bunga

Just beat a Jade Druid with Tempo Mage in ranked. The Druid was continually spamming Greetings from the start of the game to the point I had to squelch him. I win then he insta adds me and proceeds to go on a tirade about my "insane tempo" and "perfect draws" to which I gave the only reasonable response "Ah, Hello there". He then suggest that I find out what being humble is - me?!

Does anyone have some sick tech for the hunter mirror? I really hate it right now, it feels like it's all about snowballing your opponent and once your life total has hit a certain point you are certain to lose.
only thing that comes to mind is holding patches until you can trade it away or eat with your own golakka crawler.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I was messing with a Quest/Dragon Priest because of the new deathrattle dragon, but I don't know if it's any good.

Hycran

Banned
I was messing with a Quest/Dragon Priest because of the new deathrattle dragon, but I don't know if it's any good.

I've seen a few people running something similar. The problem is that it doesn't really have a solid win condition. Amara gets you to 40HP but then what? Your best bet is nzoth but even he only generates so much value before a board clear. If you add Elise that can sometimes help but I'm not sure the minion value is ever going to be there when you compare it to Jades, Tempo rogue or hunter, shaman tokens, or machine gun priest.

In a different world it would be a great deck but right now is The wrong place and time unfortunately.

fertygo

Beat 4 Keleseth Rogue in a row to get legend, in one of game guy shadowstep his keleseth on 2 but still won

still, fuck that card tho

TankUP

I wonder if there's a workable quest Priest deck out there.

Yeah, the quest is to draw Raza and Shadowreaper and the reward is SO MUCH better than Amara.

Just like the new Quest rogue is drawing Keleseth and Shadowstep.

Back to priest, even in Wild with all the great deathrattles (Sylvanas and Sludge Belcher are still really good) you're better off cutting the quest package and going full machine gun with cards like Recruiter or Spawn of Shadows.

Quest Priest isn't ever going to relevant unless Raza gets nerfed.

200px-Recruiter%2822367%29_Gold.png
22357-spawn-of-shadows-golden.png

It's hard to judge pre-release a deck building card like prince keleseth. After the nerfs were announced I thought keleseth rogue would be strong and crafted it and did some testing in prep for the nerfs though. My pre-nerf list did really well too. Although I eventually went for a bit higher of a curve.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Zealous, don't give away all the hot Wild strats! I've been running Spawn of Shadows in Priest of a while and it's really good. ESPECIALLY with Raza and the DK, but you don't even really need them. There are plenty of ways to make your hero power re-usable in Wild. Stuff that lets you use it twice or refreshes it when you do other things. It's a veritable buffet of choices in how you want to kill your opponents.

What a world we live in where Spawn of Shadows is considered a pretty good card. I remember when that set came out how many people were clowning on that card. NOW LOOK AT IT! TOP TIER IN WILD

EDIT: This is what I get for posting on mobile and trying to figure out who is who by looking at avatars. It's TankUP not Zealous.

wiibomb

Zealous, don't give away all the hot Wild strats! I've been running Spawn of Shadows in Priest of a while and it's really good. ESPECIALLY with Raza and the DK, but you don't even really need them. There are plenty of ways to make your hero power re-usable in Wild. Stuff that lets you use it twice or refreshes it when you do other things. It's a veritable buffet of choices in how you want to kill your opponents.

What a world we live in where Spawn of Shadows is considered a pretty good card. I remember when that set came out how many people were clowning on that card. NOW LOOK AT IT! TOP TIER IN WILD

I knew TankUp would someday be the new ZealousD

spawn of shadows has been a little consistent for me in wild... it becomes a kind of OTK for me in a lot of games.

Szadek

Yeah, the pro players totally should have foreseen that the game will get infinite 0 mana hero powers 2 years later.

IceMarker

Tier 1 of the Tempo Storm Meta Snapshot this week is a perfect representation of the shit I'm running to on Ranked.

The constant battle between fun and winning continues.

wiibomb

unless I'm missing something, even if spawn of shadows was included in wild priests for a while, it wasn't really a threat until the infinite HP came with KFT.

priest DK makes any inspire minion a huge threat.

There was actually a OTK deck being played in MSOG I think it was. Basically auctioneer beardo plus other cards. So it even saw play in standard.

I don't remember exactly. I remember kripp played the deck and I thought it was stupid and then I lost to it once or twice. lol

Was it competitive? Probably not.

At the time I couldn't care about competitive HS because it was all reno/pwar/conceal miracle rogue crap. I despised that meta.

JTU saved us hard. JTU is our savior. What would danny pudi do?

---

Sometimes you gotta exodia paladin

Hearthstone_Screenshot_09-25-17_15.20.45.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There was actually a OTK deck being played in MSOG I think it was. Basically auctioneer beardo plus other cards. So it even saw play in standard.

I don't remember exactly. I remember kripp played the deck and I thought it was stupid and then I lost to it once or twice. lol

Was it competitive? Probably not.

Chancey Priest. It was basically an OTK variant of regular ole' Reno/Kazakus/Raza Priest.

IceMarker

The old meme of Blizzard balance and taking turns is in full effect, I will say the meta is more diverse, but it still has the old problems of people being lazy assholes causing the player base to play those same decks 20 times a day.

Blizzard deciding to print Shadowreaper as is, knowing Raza was still in Standard, was a straight fuck you from Mike Donais team which is suppose to "tone" the cards once the initial design team creates the cards. It blows my mind that they at one point thought 3 damage a refresh was even considered a thought. This deck will be toned down once either A) more healing cards are printed for classes that don't have an abundance of them or more likely B) Raza rotates out next year and we just have to wait it out just like we did with nerfing Druid.

Small sample size, but I'm still doing well with Jade Druid. Keeper of the Grove has saved my bacon by silencing Tirions and Bonemare targets. Also found out that a golden Innervate into regular UI spawns a golden ghoul.

TankUP

I knew TankUp would someday be the new ZealousD

spawn of shadows has been a little consistent for me in wild... it becomes a kind of OTK for me in a lot of games.

I've moved on to Recruiter. It creates a 2/2 for one every time you hero power, so you can hero power like a million times in one turn, and you don't need to run mirage caller.

Spawn of shadows isn't even new strategy in 2017. You guys are really late to the party. :p

Yeah, but it was a card for a Kripp meme deck before and now it's a key card in the best deck in the wild format. And anyway, my whole point was that in wild you cut all the deathrattle crap to make room for the OTK stuff. With Greater Healing and Reno you never need Amara.

My wild version runs Hemet and Benedictus because all I want to do is get Raza and Reaper and Recruiter and then burst them down. Hemet to destroy my deck so I draw those cards and Bene to extend the game if I need to.

wiibomb

I've moved on to Recruiter. It creates a 2/2 for one every time you hero power, so you can hero power like a million times in one turn, and you don't need to run mirage caller.

Yeah, but it was a card for a Kripp meme deck before and now it's a key card in the best deck in the wild format. And anyway, my whole point was that in wild you cut all the deathrattle crap to make room for the OTK stuff. With Greater Healing and Reno you never need Amara.

My wild version runs Hemet and Benedictus because all I want to do is get Raza and Reaper and Recruiter and then burst them down. Hemet to destroy my deck so I draw those cards and Bene to extend the game if I need to.

a surprising amount of players I've met playing the razakus priest are playing that bene/hemet combo. Sometimes they whiff it.

running both spawn of shadows and recruiter doesn't seem bad considering both feed on the same principle.

Miletius

I concur with recruiter in wild. It's a much better fit -- only 1 card combo (once you have Raza and Anduin) and it's super flexible in terms of how you use it. It can also... um, take over the board, although generally people have answers to it if they are ahead to begin with.

In other news, I have a warrior quest. Should I just get rid of it? Not sure if any warrior is truly viable right now.

TankUP

a surprising amount of players I've met playing the razakus priest are playing that bene/hemet combo. Sometimes they whiff it.

running both spawn of shadows and recruiter doesn't seem bad considering both feed on the same principle.

You don't want to run both. It's already really hard to find room for everything you need.

I like recruiter better because you have to win the turn you play spawn because of how much damage you take, and recruiter you can go in and set up a two turn lethal if you need to.

He can keep wishing he was this good!

It's good to stay hungry and have strong goals. Someday, sensei, someday.

I have a warrior quest. Should I just get rid of it? Not sure if any warrior is truly viable right now.

Pirate warrior still plenty strong in casual where you can feast on their greedy decks.

IceMarker

You know if there is one thing I appreciate about Priest being in the meta, at least THOSE FUCKING GAMES ACTUALLY HIT TURN 10.

Tunoku

I've been seeing a lot of Bittertide Hydras in Hunter lists and I feel like I die to it way to often. A series of Blizzard or Unleash or Defile just completely wrecks me on the spot sometimes even if I seem to be way ahead the turn I drop it. 26-26 (hovering between Rank 13 and 11) over my last 52 matches, I'm losing a ton of mirrors and Shaman feels like a bad matchup. I really like playing against Mage tho!

I've been seeing a lot of Bittertide Hydras in Hunter lists and I feel like I die to it way to often. A series of Blizzard or Unleash or Defile just completely wrecks me on the spot sometimes even if I seem to be way ahead the turn I drop it. 26-26 (hovering between Rank 13 and 11) over my last 52 matches, I'm losing a ton of mirrors and Shaman feels like a bad matchup. I really like playing against Mage tho!

Hydra is very popular in hunter atm. It sounds like your opponents just happen to have strong answers to it which is a real possibility. The upside is you will often win by playing it on turn 5.

Shaman is a bad match up for hunter, especially if they go first. Hunter is worse than shaman at fighting from behind in that match up.

Tunoku

Yeah I'm on the draw against this Shaman and they had the Pirate package turn one into Jade Claws and it already feels unwinable.

EDIT: Just got wrecked by Aggro Priest. Never played against the deck before. They had the the one drop on both turn 1 and 2 with a PW Shield and my weapon got kinda bad pretty quickly.

Kangi

End of season ranked climb thoughts: Control Warlock mirrors are still some of the most fun matches in the game. Both decks have just enough removal for each other's threats, so outside of lopsided Death Knight draws, it's all about who maximized value and who has the better tech cards. Edged out one running Leeroy + Faceless because I ran an extra Tar Creeper.

Zoo's probably the better Warlock deck to ladder with at this point, but the "who draws Keleseth first" game with Rogues can be silly.

Something I'm trying to remember, Minions hit the board after their battlecry, right? Was thinking about trying some dumb stuff with Moat Lurker but I just had the thought of hitting an Obsidian Statue, only to have it's Deathrattle kill it, thus re-summoning the Statue.

Top Bottom